No announcement yet.

Thank You!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First of all Cali speedway is a HORRIBLE venue for drifting. Did everyone forget what happend when D1 went there??

You can't make a course that transitions off the bank at Cali because the built in grandstands are too far away to see anything and theres not nearly enough room to put rented grandstands in the middle. They'd only be able to hold half of what Irwindale could hold if they could even fit the things in there.

Secondly we already see Long Beach in the first round and they've already picked the best possible spot which is few and far between since the course is so narrow. Even when they widened it this year it was still a tight fit.

There is no other feesable spot at the Long Beach track to do it.

Lastly, instead of comparing Formula D to the NFL...I'd say its more like the IRL and Irwindale is drifting's Indy 500...its historic and its always going to be at the same place.

Without Irwindale I don't think drifting would be where it is today so I think Irwindale should always remain a part of Formula D and American drifting as a whole.

I'm not against adding new venues but leave Irwindale alone!

Anyway back on topic..thanks Formula D for a kick a$$ year. Can't wait until next season

Comment

Well, Thanks to everyone on the FD staff for bringing us a great season. Can't wait for next year. Oh, and please leave Irwindale. It's one of the most charged and exiting venues in the series.

Comment

Only issue with cali speedway i remember was that bump into the first turn.... which was kinda cool seeing who can take it and who couldn't.

Seating was decent, the "VIP" section was pretty weak, but the general section was awesome. I really want to see more high speed courses out of formula D next season, if your using a road course, dont use the slowest part of the road course.

Just look at sonoma, all the space, all those turns, but still use the slowest most out of the way portion of the tracks.

But seriously, no one said you have to cut out irwindale all together, you could have a alstar event at irwindale, just like D1 does with Daiba. There's like 2 or 3 major events at irwindale a year, subtracting one would hurt that bad?

Comment

Thanks for all the feedback. We are always open to hearing any and all ideas. What really needs to happen is making sure the tracks FD goes to know how much you the fans love having us there and make sure they know that we are not a side show to their Friday night demolition derbies and figure 8 bus races. I still get the feeling that some tracks still look at us as a bunch of young kids when really this sport is generating more media coverage and has involvement from some of the biggest companies in the automotive industry.

Anyhow, time to take my Nyquil, its been an awesome but long year and all the germs from airports and such have caught up to me...

Comment

ftw
            Last edited by gigglesnirt; 10-17-2007, 09:31 PM.

Comment

Irwindale - the judging criteria has been very very different the last few events, I bet the Drivers would agree that it's a different track every time they go. This year, the 'switchback' clipping point on the bank was moved closer to the inner bank and further down the bank towards the infield, and the judges asked the drivers to get up close to the wall next to the judges stand, not mid-inner-bank like previous years. Also, sometimes the end of the course wraps around the far end of the light pole, sometimes it's closer to the starting line. I like the variation the judges have asked for, it really forces the drivers to adapt. Good job!

About facilities - I was talking with a friend at Irwindale, I think that FD is almost out-growing the tracks they are visiting! LB was a packed house, Seattle was a packed house, Sonoma was close to packed (i think the biggest struggling point is the parking there), Wall NJ is always packed (pits are tiny over there), and Irwindale was extremely sold out. There's a little room to grow at Atlanta (but not much, I think it would be packed without the threat of wind and rain) as well. It'd be interesting to see if FD could bring 5k MORE people at some of these facilities assuming they could hold it. I think we could see another huge boom in attendance after the ESPN2 show.

Comment

Just checked the schedule for the Formula D show on ESPN2. The show runs from 2pm-3pm on 11/15 Thursday on a weekly basis. Not the best time slot and I hope ESPN2 will look at the rating and move the show to more prime time. Even 4pm is better than 2pm.

So let's boost the rating of the show by tuning in!
                Hubert Young
                KORE 8 Films

Comment

2PM!? Looks like I'm gonna have to set my DVR. Drifting is one of the most exciting racing series out there, and I hope the media in the US will catch on soon.

I would like to see multiple classes of drifting. I know it's probably impossible, but I think it would not only add diversity to the sport, but it would also give the chance for upcoming drivers to get notices and picked up for the big leagues.
                  It would also give us more to watch if the other races were held at the same time

Comment

Originally posted by Hubert Young View Post
                    The show runs from 2pm-3pm on 11/15 Thursday on a weekly basis...
                    It's 2pm-3pm PST time.
                    Hubert Young
                    KORE 8 Films

Comment

It actually re-airs at 10pm as well which is a better time for us West coasters

Comment

Originally posted by eomund240 View Post
                        2PM!? Looks like I'm gonna have to set my DVR. Drifting is one of the most exciting racing series out there, and I hope the media in the US will catch on soon.

I would like to see multiple classes of drifting. I know it's probably impossible, but I think it would not only add diversity to the sport, but it would also give the chance for upcoming drivers to get notices and picked up for the big leagues.
                        It would also give us more to watch if the other races were held at the same time
                        i've always thought a spec class would be awesome in drifting. spec 240's or even spec miata's or something, there's tons of those around for sale used that could just be bought up for it.

Comment

damn i better not be in school when it airs on espn2. does anybody know if they will put the show on there website to view also?

Comment

Some organizations internationally have a 'semi-pro' / 'pro-am' division that occurs during the breaks of other events. The problem is that they don't have 50+ cars qualifying in the 'pro' division like FD does at some events.

Comment

Originally posted by Slapshotnerd View Post
                              Some organizations internationally have a 'semi-pro' / 'pro-am' division that occurs during the breaks of other events. The problem is that they don't have 50+ cars qualifying in the 'pro' division like FD does at some events.
                              What I was thinking was not skill class but vehicle class. Stock, Semi Stock, Unlimited etc. In Stock/Semi Stock classes, it would give guys without major sponsors to possibly be competitive. It's just a thought, I love the FD how it is, but I always want more .

Comment

my thoughts on formula d

my thoughts on my formula d season

my whole season in general

Comment

Working...
                                X