Looking for a good starter drift/racing car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a good starter drift/racing car

Hey whats up? Im getting a new car soon and i would like to finally get into racing and drifting. I have been absolutely fasinated with the two since i was a kid so im pretty excited. Ive noticed that most of the cars under 8k that are good for drifting dont have much power. Are there any options that have enough power to race around in yet are still good for drifting? Thanks alot

hachiroku

Originally posted by Trad1987 View Post
    Hey whats up? Im getting a new car soon and i would like to finally get into racing and drifting. I have been absolutely fasinated with the two since i was a kid so im pretty excited. Ive noticed that most of the cars under 8k that are good for drifting dont have much power. Are there any options that have enough power to race around in yet are still good for drifting? Thanks alot

start with an ae86 corolla gts

Comment

Call me we have several.
      Mack Mckinney 951-304-9300

Comment

Kris Milano also usually has several cars for sale...

(626) 786-7444
        (818) 897-7445
        Ask for CHRIS

Comment

car for drift

Originally posted by Trad1987 View Post

ae86 or nissan 240 is good to start. simple, and will teach u the basics

Comment

a good drift car

The AE-86 tureno (AKA the toyota corolla) Is one of the most sommon used. its small but has the potential for greatness.

Nissans Z family is another good start. 240 280 300, 300New generation and then 350.

Then there is my personal favorite. And one Formula has never seen on the track as far as I know. 1987 Chrysler Conquest TSI. Or The same year Mitsubishi Starion.

Look it up if youve never seen it. They really are unique compaired to most 80's model cars.

(But its not real easy finding parts for it unless your a search engine wizzard)

If your looking for something with raw power from the start I would advise a Camaro. Theyre not very top heavy . Theyre aerodynamic. And you have either a V6 or V8 motor. Thats more than enough power for drifting :-D

The only reason Im suggesting the Camaro over the others is because camaros are a common car. ( Where I live theyre as abundent as water O_o)
            So if you have to replace parts or body parts its a bit easier to find them for a camaro.

And second the camaro is more than enough power. Its a good car I feel to start with because you have something thats going to have speed and power. And put simply. You dont have to fight with it to make a power over drift. (You dont need a big car or motor for drifting. But its a good place to start with if your just getting the feel)

Comment

^ ive seen several Starions drifting, I've even played around with one. Good cars

Comment

subaru brat.

gobbs of power and looks thatll get ya laid.

done.

Comment

Working...
                X