"Pro Street" Documentry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Pro Street" Documentry

While you guys are all out partying or driving to laughlin this saturday, there will be a Documentry on SPIKE TV about the making of EA's new Need For Speed game: "Pro Street"

more info here: http://www.c16mag.com/pittalk_item.aspx?cid=2151

Video game spam is ghey.

Real life is all in your grill.

in other words.

Pro-Am > video game

who paid for this message?

Comment

I don't care for the NfS games. Too much arcade, not enough driving sim. Plus this goes along with the FF movies, I don't like the image they try to tag on us car nerds. They try to act like we're street thugs or something, and I kinda take insult to that.
      Last edited by eomund240; 11-12-2007, 05:26 PM.

Comment

one of my real good friends (someone most of you know...) did most of the consulting for this game. im not saying this is gonna make the game's physics or gameplay great. not at all. but i think the 'fun' factor will be dope. real tracks (with true reference points). real cars. real companies (manufacturers as well as clothing companies...).
        he said there's even a screen where you can increase/decrease 'tire stretch'.
        does this make the game cool? not at all. but it is one of those small details that make you scratch your head and want to play...
        EA is hosting a party tomorrow (tuesday) nite at Le Deux in Hollywood..hear they'll be passing out games...

Comment

The games gonna be cool for sure.

Just buy it and have fun, it's a video game, get over it!!!
          Hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by eomund240 View Post
            I don't care for the NfS games. Too much arcade, no enough driving sim. Plus this goes along with the FF movies, I don't like the image they try to tad on to us car nerds. They try yo act like we're street thugs or something, and I kinda take insult to that.

This one's going a completely different direction thatn they've gone with Carbon, Most Wanted and the Undergeround series. It's all about sanctioned events at tracks. No more free roam, no more police chases, no more glamourized street racer life style.

They're also going for a more realistic game this time instead of something so "arcadey". You will have to do real tuning instead of just buying the biggest performance package, you can total your car, you will have to pay to fix it and you won't be able to have one car for Drag, Drift, Grip and Top Speed races. I've heard they're also figuring aerodynamics as well. If that's true, no more six foot tall wings on the back of your Civic without it affecting your top speed and handling.

As for the documentary, if I'm not at Drift Day 39, I'll be too busy playing the game to watch a "making of".

Comment

Originally posted by BenR View Post
              Video game spam is ghey.

in other words.

Pro-Am > video game

Are you one of those people that thinks the government is tapping your phone?

This isn't spam ..we got the press release from Antonio just like everyone else in the media did and since its relevant to this forum I posted it here

Comment

I bought carbon (for wii, I know it's old, just got a wii) on thursday and I beat it on sunday. It was short, but it was pretty fun.

Comment

I heard great things about the documentary... that it was done very well.
                  I don't get Spike, just as I never got G4.

I would be very happy if it ended up online at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by andysapp View Post

Can someone get this man a black box??

Comment

NFS Pro Street Documentary!

Hey Andy (Sapp)!

Actually, I don't get Spike or G4 either! Had to rely on friends who are down for paying the cable TV fees! If I had cable TV, I'd just sit around and watch tv all day, and wouldn't get anything done! Cable internet tho, that's another story...

There was a post about this documentary on Autoblog, and someone mentioned Slide America! woot woot!

I think I heard from the EA guys that it will re-air sometime, but I forgot when they said it would be back on Spike...

Antonio

Originally posted by andysapp View Post

Comment

What's up with all the hating?

Dang Ben!

Whatup with all the hating? EA's trying to make moves towards making their games COOLER, by adding some drifting flavor to them..! I think it's cool. While it isn't a straight up "drifting game" like the Yuke's D1GP game, it does have alot of influence from drifting culture... obviously there are a whole lot of "fantasy" elements, as it IS a Need For Speed game, and that's what the brand is like... but then again, Pro Street is not trying to be GT or anything - it has its own brand.

Oh yeah and there's some cool "special tracks" in there... some of the fantasy tracks are cool, like the Tokyo bay area ones, and the HIN looking ones, and the SilverState Challenge looking ones... but my favorite by far is EBISU CIRCUIT! So sick! It even has the NEW course at Ebisu West in there! Which was supposed to be kind of a secret, but it's now in the EA Game!

My friends and I played Pro Street for a while at EA's official release party in Hollywood the other night. I can't wait to try it out at home, I'm gonna have to buy a videogame console now. Everyone was telling me to get either an Xbox or PS, but since Pro Street is also out on the Wii, I was thinking of getting a Wii cause it's cheaper and also I could play that cool Boxing game! Love that thing! So fun!

But to reinforce what you said, word up to all the drivers at the Pro Am! Drifting is like the best thing about Laughlin... I mean, rally is awesome and all, but I can't think of anything cooler than drifting!

PS: J-Rod is one of the announcers in the game! Congratulations man, that's so sick!

Originally posted by BenR View Post
                        Video game spam is ghey.

in other words.

Pro-Am > video game

Last edited by CipherGarage; 11-15-2007, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CipherGarage View Post
                          Dang Ben!

Oh yeah and there's some cool "special tracks" in there... some of the fantasy tracks are cool, like the Tokyo bay area ones, and the HIN looking ones, and the SilverState Challenge looking ones... but my favorite by far is EBISU CIRCUIT! So sick! It even has the NEW course at Ebisu West in there! Which was supposed to be kind of a secret, but it's now in the EA Game!

My friends and I played Pro Street for a while at EA's official release party in Hollywood the other night. I can't wait to try it out at home, I'm gonna have to buy a videogame console now. Everyone was telling me to get either an Xbox or PS, but since Pro Street is also out on the Wii, I was thinking of getting a Wii cause it's cheaper and also I could play that cool Boxing game! Love that thing! So fun!
                          Willow springs is in there as well.

I'd rent it for the Wii before you buy it. I've heard some bad things about the controls using the Wii remote.

Comment

Thanks Antonio,
                            Yeah I'm an announcer in the game, PRETTY STOKED.
                            I finally played the game last night for the 1st time, blew my mind to hear myself on a FOREVER imbedded video game, NUTS!!

The graphics are awesome and like Antonio said, it's not trying to be core or anything, it's super fun.
                            I like the drag racing , grip and of course drifting.

Regardless play it and have fun, remember, it's a video game and drifting is sideways brunouts with style!!!!

Comment

I've only done Battle Machine races so far, which group did you announce for?

Comment

Working...
                              X