the latest..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the latest..

Seems like the topic of NICK HOGAN has been swept under the carpet here. No one has posted any of the latest news.

Hogan is unlicensed to drive.

Florida state officials have suspended the 17-year-old's behind-the-wheel privileges for one year after determining him to be a dangerous driver.

Hogan, son of the Hulk, was arrested Nov. 7 in connection with the August crash that left his 22-year-old passenger, John Graziano, critically injured.

He was charged with third-degree felony reckless driving involving serious bodily harm, as well as use of a motor vehicle in commission of a felony, being under the age of 21, operating a vehicle with a breath-alcohol level of 0.02 percent or higher and illegal window tint.

According to the Tampa Tribune, a letter was sent to Hogan, whose real name is Nick Bollea, on Monday, informing him his license will be revoked as of Dec. 10.

In order to avoid losing his license permanently, he must pay a fine for driving 106 mph at the time of his August crash. The amount of the fine was unknown.

"We have the ability to suspend someone's license if we believe what they could be convicted of is a potential danger should this person remain on the road," said Ann Nucatola, a spokeswoman for the Florida Department of Highway Safety & Motor Vehicles. "We've deemed him dangerous to the general public on the road."

Prior to the crash, Hogan was already in hot water for driving 82 mph in a construction zone. He pleaded no contest to that charge in September, at which time his license was restricted to business purposes only.

Hogan was behind the wheel of his 1998 Toyota Supra on Aug. 26 when he lost control of the car while drag racing a friend.

Graziano, who was not wearing a seatbelt, suffered a broken skull and has been comatose since the crash. His parents are currently involved in a court dispute over who should be responsible for his care.

Hogan, who was belted in at the time of impact, escaped with relatively minor injuries, including a broken arm and ribs along with neck and knee injuries. He was treated and released from the hospital the morning after the accident.

-E!
    Nick Hogan Was Driving 100mph Before Crash
    And his dad Hulk had 'bought him beer' prior to the accident...

New shocking findings in the Nick Hogan case have been released. Not only was the speed demon driving at 100mph when he crashed his vehicle, but new reports suggest he had been drinking beer that his father Hulk Hogan allegedly purchased for him that fateful day.

Clearwater police released documents which featured information from Barrett Lawrance, a passenger in the car Nick Hogan was racing against. He states that Hogan was racing at 100mph in a 40mph zone.

Other revelations from the document include the recognition that Nick’s father Hulk Hogan, real name Terry Bollea, had bought beer at 2.14 p.m. the day of the crash, and was accompanied by his son. The documents go on to claim that the pair spent that afternoon drinking on a boat.

John Graziano, who was in the car alongside Nick when it crashed, still remains in a vegetative state in hospital as a result of the crash and will need care for the rest of his life.

-http://www.entertainmentwise.com
    Is this topic taboo here?
    If so, why? Is it or is it not relative to this forum?

In my opinion, Nick's tragedy has been a great example of what NOT to do. Unfortunately, it takes something like this to make such an example.

Nick, if you still read this... Don't use your celebrity family status let you off the hook. Own up and be THAT example.

I remember hearing a little bit about this a while back, I never looked into the details, though.

A revoked/suspended license is just a slap on the wrist in this case. I personally think he should face criminal charges. I'm just glad I live in a completely different state as these people.

Unfortunate as the state of the passenger is, it's a prime example of how protective a simple seatbelt can be. Same car, same crash. One person is still in a coma months later and will need special care his entire life. The other walked away with a few scrapes and bruises.

The thing that drives me the most insane about this whole deal is that, though it seems like an isolated incident, this kind of crap happens on a daily basis. We just don't hear about it until a celebrity puts someone in the hospital. Even on my short 3 mile drive to work and back, I still see people doing obscenely stupid crap on a regular basis. Racing through residential areas, blowing stop signs, passing on the shoulder . . . California drivers FTW It makes it even worse since I usually have my 8 month pregnant wife in the car with me.

Do they really have to put someone in the hospital or kill them in order to realize that they're not the only one at risk when they do that crap?

Comment

The topic is really taboo here

but who really gives

Him, his family, really need to get there *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* together.

Comment

Agreed...

His mom was on video racing and then bragging about it. Then she denied ever saying it... then she held her tongue.

Comment

I read in another article that he can possibly face prison time for his actions.

Honestly at this point in time, his celebrity status might be more of a curse than a help. All I know is no racing team will EVER sponsor him after an infraction like this.

Comment

Originally posted by eomund240 View Post
            Honestly at this point in time, his celebrity status might be more of a curse than a help. All I know is no racing team will EVER sponsor him after an infraction like this.
            Good, he's irresponsible. I know I would never want to be on the same track as him.

Comment

Originally posted by eomund240 View Post
              I read in another article that he can possibly face prison time for his actions.

I highly doubt his parents would let that happen. They would bail him out. I am sure of it.

Comment

Originally posted by VDMTom View Post
                I highly doubt his parents would let that happen. They would bail him out. I am sure of it.
                You can't bail someone out of a prison sentance. You can bail someone out of jail when they are awaiting trial but not prison. If he gets prison, he has no choice but to go.

I don't think he should be made an example of like it seem that they're trying to do, but I do think 15-30 days in the pen would scare the crap out of him and give him a wake up call.

Comment

The topic isn't "taboo" its just dead and no one really wants to hear too much about it anymore.

The suspended license is probably about as far as it will go. People are assuming that because his passenger was critically injured that he is going to face prison time.

But sadly the man was not wearing his seatbelt which "technically" puts some of the fault on him as horrible as that sounds.

Also even though Nick aledgedly had some alcohol in him he wasn't LEGALLY drunk. So that charge is only gonna go so far as well.

All in all I think even though he didn't get any super harsh "legal" punishment, Nick is still feeling it.

His good friend and a former soldier is practically in a convelesant home...hes probably never going to drive professionally again unless its on his own dime...and this whole thing has been playing out on national television and tabloids.

I think hes learning his lesson...

Anyway lets try to make this the last thread on this issue...its been rehashed too many times here and on other boards.

Comment

It has been rehashed here?
                    I saw no other thread other than the one that was closed.

I think it's an important subject for this community. These are drifting fans. Nick was part of the scene. He was sure to make some progress in the sport (for himself and the sport) but he effed up his personal chances.

If he had alcohol in his system he can still be penalized. He's underage, alleged witnesses on the 911's say he was racing, alleged speed was 100+mph, some one was critically injured.

Top it off, Mommy endorsed and practiced illegal street racing and Daddy allegedly supplied the alcohol.

It looks like more has happened since that last thread was closed.

It's a worthy topic for discussion. So long as it is civil. A lot of things can be learned through a discussion as serious as this.

Why so resistant?
                    Threatening to end the subject is like saying, if you don't win, you are going to take your ball and go home.

Comment

I think this is relevant and should serve as a lesson to any would be street racer.
                      The fact that not only did he crash, break his own arm, and almost kill a friend, he might have to face criminal charges as well. I'll admit I along with probably 90% of people have done stupid and illegal stuff on the road. This should serve as a warning to everyone the possible consequences.

Comment

Originally posted by Double M Star View Post
                        It has been rehashed here?
                        I saw no other thread other than the one that was closed.

I think it's an important subject for this community. These are drifting fans. Nick was part of the scene. He was sure to make some progress in the sport (for himself and the sport) but he effed up his personal chances.

If he had alcohol in his system he can still be penalized. He's underage, alleged witnesses on the 911's say he was racing, alleged speed was 100+mph, some one was critically injured.

Top it off, Mommy endorsed and practiced illegal street racing and Daddy allegedly supplied the alcohol.

It looks like more has happened since that last thread was closed.

It's a worthy topic for discussion. So long as it is civil. A lot of things can be learned through a discussion as serious as this.

Why so resistant?
                        Threatening to end the subject is like saying, if you don't win, you are going to take your ball and go home.

First of all I'm not a mod or admin, I didn't make any "threats" so please dont instigate such things.

I wasn't making any attempt to "win" an argument either.

Secondly what lesson can be learned here that wasn't already discussed in the first thread that was posted here...or any other thread on the tons of other boards...or autoblog.com or the hundreds of local and national news programs that reported the story?

Street Racing is BAD...trust me..we get it.

The only relevance to this bord that the story has is that Nick Hogan was a former pro-drifter and occasionally posted here. Thats about it...

He wasn't drifting when he crashed no media outlet ever mentioned drifting having anything to do with the accident.

The story isn't that complicated. He was street racing and he crashed...his friend got critically injured and Nick faced ramifications for it.

What's the point of keeping a thread going that centers around all the legal preeceedings that come after??

All thats going to happen on threads like this is that everyone who loves or hates him is going to jump in and throw down their two cents and make it a big flame war.

We also don't need people quoting entertainment gossip tabloid websites as "facts" to further dicuss this either. Save that crap for TMZ and keep it off drifting.com

The fact that the first thread was closed and no one else has posted anything further about it since then even though other things have happend should have been an indication to you.

Comment

i dont konw what to think of them right now. but heres my .02 because i kinda care about this topic a little bit.

the whole vehicular mayhem then denying it thing makes them loooooooooook really stupid.

but i honestly dont know what to think.

wanna get mad at nick for being a jacktard, but were all jacktards, and how much blame can you really place on him for his freind not wearing a seatbelt.

this is a shitty situation, but then again my perception of reality and theirs are obviously very different due to what law enforcement has shown them time and time again is acceptable for them although not for the general public.

i really dont know what to think, but thats my .02

Comment

First off to Monkey, your the one who's making this heated. If you don't like the subject, then don't post. It's as easy as that.
                            And this is relevent and new 'cause it wasn't known that he might be facing criminal charges for his actions untill just recently.

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeySlide View Post
                              First of all I'm not a mod or admin, I didn't make any "threats" so please dont instigate such things.
                              My apologies, sincerely. I mistook your tone as an authority..

I wasn't making any attempt to "win" an argument either.
                              Again, my apologies, sincerely. I mistook your tone as an authority.

Secondly what lesson can be learned here that wasn't already discussed in the first thread that was posted here...or any other thread on the tons of other boards...or autoblog.com or the hundreds of local and national news programs that reported the story?
                              There's been a lot of media revelations made in regards to this incident. That were NOT discussed in the first thread.
                              You are assuming all of us are reading those other boards, maybe we are or not. It's not relative to the focused community here... over there. It's here we discuss things that are relevant to our enthusia/hobby/sport.
                              I have not seen any local or national news program report this. I come here for relevant information. Relevant = drifting ANYTHING. (yes, I find this site pretty informative for the most part and thank you Drifting.com)

Street Racing is BAD...trust me..we get it.
                              We sure do, but there are continuous examples of people who DON'T. This time, unfortunately, it was someone within this community/sport. It's worthy a discussion.

The only relevance to this bord that the story has is that Nick Hogan was a former pro-drifter and occasionally posted here. Thats about it...
                              That should be ENOUGH for us to have a civil discussion in regards.

He wasn't drifting when he crashed no media outlet ever mentioned drifting having anything to do with the accident.
                              That's great. So because he wasn't drifting this isn't worthy a discussion? What if it's later revealed that he was drifting?
                              It doesn't matter either way, he was a part of this community.

The story isn't that complicated. He was street racing and he crashed...his friend got critically injured and Nick faced ramifications for it.
                              And that is not worthy of a civil discussion.

What's the point of keeping a thread going that centers around all the legal preeceedings that come after??
                              It's "of interest" (to some more than others obviously) to this community in one fraction or another. It's a topic worthy civil discussion.

All thats going to happen on threads like this is that everyone who loves or hates him is going to jump in and throw down their two cents and make it a big flame war.
                              Are you going to lead the way with a match and a gas can?

We also don't need people quoting entertainment gossip tabloid websites as "facts" to further dicuss this either. Save that crap for TMZ and keep it off drifting.com
                              Why? It's a civil discussion. Do we need to pull from Rueters and the AP wires to have civil discussions? Last I checked, Bob Woodward wasn't a registered Drifting.com member.

The fact that the first thread was closed and no one else has posted anything further about it since then even though other things have happend should have been an indication to you.
                              That was an indication that this subject Might be "taboo". I believe I received an infraction for voicing my opinion on that subject. This topic bends a few rods of some people for some reason.

No one wanted to walk on that rice paper.

Now that more info is out, it's kinda hard to ignore it. It's a topic worthy of a civil discussion.

So far I have only seen one person against it, and it's you. Why? I would like to hear your civilized take on this topic, not a groaning whine as to why we must not discuss this. Enlighten us as to why your thoughts are valid. Participate in a civil manner or don't.

I feel your posts are bullying and negative.

Comment

Working...
                              X