Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 steps to drifting recovery on speedtv.com

http://www.speedtv.com/commentary/42152/

Pretty good article. It points out the things that professional drifting has to improve for it to continue the growth.

There are definitely efforts to address those points in the article but we will have to work harder for change to happen sooner to match the rapid growth of the sport.

Programs such as "On the Edge" covering D1 that happened during the Thanksgiving weekend was a horrible depiction of drifting with little or no explanation of what's going on, which is detrimental to the sport.

On the other hand, Ryan and J-Rod are doing an excellant job explaining the runs in the Formula D coverage on ESPN. Keep up the good work.
    Hubert Young
    KORE 8 Films

Very good article, especially considering the source.

I definitely agree with many of the points he brought up.

Comment

Originally posted by Slapshotnerd View Post
      especially considering the source.
      Who is that guy anyway?

The name is super familar to me but I can't remember where I know him from.

Comment

great write up. really cool to hear from speed.

really sorta busted me out on the thread iposted earlier on formula d judging but hit the nail on the head.

Comment

Great article...

I will be strait up as always though,

We all know that FD is basically the future for drifting on a international level. But if they cant figure out a way to speed up the show and produce it live.... it will fail. No one will watch... and the sponsors wont be making there money back.

Comment

There are things D1 and FD both do very right. As bad as this sounds I kinda have to say it. If FD didn't start so early and learn from its mistakes and become something pretty good. It would have been D1 coming to america and taking over. Which might have not been a bad thing.Competitions are nice and seeing big money through at cars and drivers is sorta cool, but in reality it not a real motorspot. As in Skateboarding isn't baseball or basketball. Which is a good thing.

If you look at business models of drivers in japan. They get popular and then open up there own shop or start there own companies in the places they are from. Thus taking away money from bigger companies. Though if you notice with Inlining, which is a "barely dead" sport. The only people left are the ones who really care. There is nobody making big money and no mountain dew sponsors. I dont see "ASA" which is the Formula D of inlining. Now I only see smaller company videos and small events that get a lot of the local legends to come out and battle.

I see the same thing with Drifting. There are those special events that pop up that are really good. Best thing I can compare is something like IMYTA and ZipTied All starbash. Arg I'm getting a little offtopic but what I'm saying is if all these big mainstream events fail its really doesn't matter. So what the people who like to drift will still drift and the smaller companys that really do help drifting will continue to thrive. Drifting isn't about winning and sponsorship even if alot of people make it out to be that.

PS- Oh noes no more sponsors to pay for the tires the LS1 go through

Comment

Working...
            X