No announcement yet.

What are all these acronyms?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow thanks for the info good stuff. Where can i find myself and rx-7. Im turning 15 soon and getting a hardship i want to start racing etc.

Comment

used car dealers. Around town. autotrader.com um sevenstock. Just about anywere.

Comment

What do you recommend for a young driver?

Comment

umm, something easy and forgiving. S13

Comment

yes an S13 would be a fine learning vehichle

Comment

FB's- people just think it goes down like FD then FC then FB but since they started off a new chassis design with the Fc it used to be SA...

And it's a 12A not a 12B(not an engine)

Comment

Originally posted by driftersil80
                Just for sake of correction, im almost 100% sure that the RX-7 FD3S ran in Japan till' 2002.
                They ran from late 91-2002.Didn't hit America until 1993,but then it was waaay overpriced anyways(only ran from 93-95...Too many dumbasses owned RX-7's and didn't understand rotaries aka always using their warrantiy weekly..killed Mazda)...just like Skylines in America .

btw you forgot the C on SA22C.

Also....The S13 200sx's only came with a CA18DET,they never recieved the SR20DET..That only came in the S14 200sx's

Comment

Originally posted by Anon
                  What do you recommend for a young driver?
                  Driving school, and a beater FWD car.

Comment

ya i'm about turning 15 to but anon, your shouldn't start right away into drifting. You should learn basics first before u start going sideways. Just worrying about safety here.

Comment

Originally posted by chuaboi36
                      ya i'm about turning 15 to but anon, your shouldn't start right away into drifting. You should learn basics first before u start going sideways. Just worrying about safety here.
                      that's right safety first...learn to drive straight before going sideways....then when u really good go sideways on a straight(it has been done).....best car 4 a new d-er is a s13 but around i live s14 is more common

Comment

You guys need to tell him the truth... They aren't chassis codes like everyone said. Its a puzzle... Move the combinations around and eventually the answer will reveal itself. Everyone on here has done it, and you should to, without trying to weasel out the answer from others. Now, go grab a pen and a pad of paper and get to it.

Comment

Originally posted by RotaDrift
                          FB's- people just think it goes down like FD then FC then FB but since they started off a new chassis design with the Fc it used to be SA...

And it's a 12A not a 12B(not an engine)
                          If you're saying there technically was no FB, I somewhat agree. There was a VIN pattern changeover in 1981 and SA22C was removed from the VIN and replaced by FB33...

This is the pattern:

Model Year VIN Ser Numbers
                          1979 SA22C - 500001 +
                          1980 SA22C - 600001 +
                          1981 FB33 - 500001 + (USA)
                          1982 FB33 - 600001 +
                          1983 FB33 - 700001 +
                          1984 FB33 - 800001 +
                          1985 FB33 - 856209 +

Comment

Originally posted by Tuner
                            Driving school, and a beater FWD car.
                            I am also going to start driving soon, by driving school do you mean like a racing school? Or just an oridinary learn-to-drive-school. Also, why should we get a FF car? I honestly will probably only have enough money to afford one car, so why shouldnt i start to drive in a car that i will need to be very comfortable in once i actually start drifting?

Comment

Working...
                            X