1jz-gte powered 240's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1jz-gte powered 240's

Is anyone interested in putting 1js in 240s? The exhaust is on the passenger side for US cars making easier turbo upgrade solutions. They are cheaper than the traditional RB swap and produce easy power. I have a few too many sitting around my shop ready for some real drift action. Let me know email me at

ernie@kaizenmotorsport.com

Ernie
    Ernie Fixmer
    Formula Drift/VR Motoring/Robinson Helicopter
    Lakewood, CA 90712

There are quite a few of these swaps here in FL I can count 5 right off the top of my head. a few guys with 2J's as well

Comment

around how much? with auto->manual

Comment

How much do you charge for your 1JZ 5 Speed motor sets? I always have customers on the east coast that need motor sets. I own 2JZSWAP.COM and sell the 240SX and RX7 swap kits for the 1JZ and 2JZ. Send me a e-mail with pricing andrew@tech2motorsports.com
        Drew

Comment

Hey tech2drew

you should develop a F20c1 or a SR/CA/KA kit for miatas

there is a real interest for those motors in the roadster community

Ernie, you should sell some 1Js to Arron and BH, they always have problems with there SRs and KAs

Comment

Yeah a F20C in a miata would be sweet. I do have a F20C motorset sitting at the shop from my old S2000 and we have a miata...... I will think about it.
            Drew

Comment

^feel like parting with it?

Comment

Thread jacked

*Moderators please remove the F20 Info and move to a seperate thread*
                Thank you in advance.

To those that arent aware this partnership,that of the two diffrent type model series car and engine has very unique advantages and on top of that the operation of a 240 with a I6 motor is far more fun then the weenies that cry weight and balance issues will ever know.

I drove my car the Grey Goose all over the place as a daily and the feeling of romping on that thing and hearing an I6's turbo spool over anything else is like shooting a big damn gun over some small pea-shooter.

As much as I know the SR is a Balls-out lil motor, I'll stand behind this comment with watching this over many a years (93) til now watching all the SR owners struggle with auxillary component failure. The motors will take a pounding, but all you know that they have hiccups witht he coil packs, cam angle sensors,etc. etc... I've seen it and still do see it. SR's give all the kids wood, but it has its flaws.

The larger motors for some reason as all models do have hiccups, but way fewer, so why not try it.

toyota for once in a life time gave to the sport car community and placed the turbo on the other side of the car so woo-hoo, bigger turbos and instalss are way easier with lesser restrictions...

I think even TimeMachineRacecraft was playing with big honkin turbo app's for these motors...

It just seems to be a win win combo. maybe even if you really try a smog-legal app....Oh, snaps!! Any takers on this endeavor or past results?

With the minor weight increase in the front end, the car would seem to carousel around the front end more easily thus inducing a seemingly tighter more controllable drift. Aside from that, really how many people out there are no-crap gonna be competing on a level so high that all the techno-geek information that goes around on these boards is really gonna effect them and ther daily driver. None.

I originally had a vehicle to donate to ernie and this endeavor, but money constraints forced me to sell the car, so if you have any questions regarding this ask the guys that had the swap and also look around, I though i read something about this swap somewhere in a website somewhere.

If I wasn't an *Censored**Censored**Censored* and let Pat Morduant wreck my car, I'd most likely have both an RB powered and 1J/2J powered 240sx. Meh,...Ya live and ya learn

Well enjoy and I hope my lil bit of word has influenced a few people to give it a shot...

Once I get Vallerie registerd Ernie Ill bring her by...Thanks again for working all them months on my limited budget and after getting the Grey Goose wrecked by Pat and no financial help from him, working to cut all that metal and crap away from my detroyed car. vallerie's her name, and she's running fine but I still don't have her papers...Money issues.

Booney
                RB Powered 240Sx Convertible
                RB Motoring / EFMadness

Comment

Thanks Booney!!
                  I think we have a few 240 guys lining up for 1j swaps now. At least 1 S14 owner wants one. I have like a 63' Volvo Sedan coming in for a 1J too. We just had a request to do a Toyota Century 1j install. Haha, this is going to be cool. Maybe we revive the Grey Goose with a mean 1j
                  Ernie
                  new email.... ernie@erniefixmer.com
                  Ernie Fixmer
                  Lakewood, CA 90712

Comment

im interested in a 1jz swap for a 89s13

can i get a price quote mr fixmer?

-Riley

Comment

Riley,
                      either come by the shop to discuss details or email me at ernie@kaizenmotorsport.com
                      Ernie
                      Ernie Fixmer
                      Lakewood, CA 90712

Comment

email sent!

Comment

Follow up

If there is anyone out there with doubts in their mind regarding playing with a car with a I6 Set-up, you can personally contact me on my myspace account... myspace.com/bumblebeer1.

The only dilemma I have with the set-up is the lack of a availability with a sway-bar for the application. If there is anyone thats got contacts with a no crap supsension oriented company that can manufacture a sway bar, I have a car that needs one. I'll be happy to have it installed and also test and provide feed-back for it.

If you ever saw me play with the Grey Goose I gave that car hell and all without the use of a sway bar... whatcha gonna do, a drifters gonna make it happen one way or the other...Right?!

Take care and hit Ernie and the shop up...

Comment

Booney,
                            I think by now my welding has improved enough that I could modify your stock oil pan and pickup to work with the stock swaybar.
                            Ernie
                            Ernie Fixmer
                            Lakewood, CA 90712

Comment

We'll see in a bit i wanna get tthe car to a few events and see how this chassis handles a good toss'n around.

Pretty anxious and I'll be at the March 8th event in El Toro. Dunno if how it's gonna be as there are small issues with the car. I'll be there with friends and a support vehicle to bring tires and what not for me.

I've drove the car around a bit to make sure she doesn't crap herself, (My bust for having to get the car outta yer hands early, but it doesnt look like Im gonna be takin that long trip allowing me to realy get into this car and tear around in her just like the Grey Goose.

But if there are any people out there reading this and you see me, hit me up and if I can find the time Ill take you for a spin to give you an idea what it's like in a I6 poered scooter.

Then I'll kick ya out and point you in Ernies direction to line up for your swap. Goin along with that bear in mind he is also A nissan guy too and can do RB's.

Good Luck Ernie

Comment

Working...
                              X