Rockstar: Tanner in Dai out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forsberg.

And AEM should pick up Dai. Heck, ANYONE should pick up Dai, he's the man. I mean, what company wouldn't want to sign one of the top 5 (top3?) best drifters on the continent, and one of the top 20 best in the world??

I'd wish Dai good luck, but he doesn't need it. He'll get picked up by someone.

Comment

Originally posted by Drift Brick View Post
      Forsberg.

And AEM should pick up Dai. Heck, ANYONE should pick up Dai, he's the man. I mean, what company wouldn't want to sign one of the top 5 (top3?) best drifters on the continent, and one of the top 20 best in the world??

I'd wish Dai good luck, but he doesn't need it. He'll get picked up by someone.
      I dont think you understand, AEM is not backing off from Tanner and Stephen. The team just picked up rockstar as a sponsor, so tanner will be back in the same car, Stephan will and most likely dai. Dai just needs another mega sponsor, I'm pretty sure they knew about this before hand and were preparing for it.
      Last edited by Bebop; 02-07-2008, 03:15 AM.

Comment

ok just dont feel bad and good fd top drivers you will see the surprise at long beach grand prix for dai new sponsor and all fd drivers......and good look for all fd drivers for 2008
        (626) 786-7444
        (818) 897-7445

Ask for CHRIS

MILANO MOTORSPORTS-Front-Clips
        -Engine SWAPS/Installation
        -Used Parts - all that and a bag of chips
        -350Z used parts

www.Turboneticsinc.com
        www.cxracing.com
        www.kaazusa.com
        www.coopertires.com
        www.specclutch.com

Comment

yeah, I just got filled in on everything for this year. it's going to be crazy!

Comment

Originally posted by AllMotorKing View Post
            yeah, I just got filled in on everything for this year. it's going to be crazy!
            really?! .

Comment

Originally posted by ReDc0aT View Post
              really?! .

Yes! REALLY! I found out what was goin down myself too.

Trust me...the sense of shock will be so great that you will immediately soil yourself and then spazim so hard that you'll break your own back.

Comment

maybe dai will drive for redbull and drive the gto

Comment

that would be completely RETARDED

dai definatly should NOT be put into a GTO

Comment

Originally posted by deadpirate View Post
                    that would be completely RETARDED

dai definatly should NOT be put into a GTO
                    Your comment fails.

Comment

Just being the news carrier today...

http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...illen-retools/

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeySlide View Post
                        Your comment fails.
                        you dont even know me so whatever.

i know who dai is driving for this year. and i wish him the best of luck. im glad he got a good team. its just weird to think of dai driving an american car. but who knows. maybe it will put him to the top, who knows. dai is an awesome guy and he deserves a good team

Comment

good that means the GTO motor can go back in and we dont have to hear about jump arena drifting anytime soon!

im glad the GTO is comin back. i think the solstice is cool but lacks the wow factor. sounds like a solid team! good luck in 08!

Comment

Originally posted by ReDc0aT View Post
                            good that means the GTO motor can go back in and we dont have to hear about jump arena drifting anytime soon!
                            Good Riddance!!

Good luck to Dai and Rhys!

Comment

Originally posted by deadpirate View Post
                              you dont even know me so whatever.

i know who dai is driving for this year. and i wish him the best of luck. im glad he got a good team. its just weird to think of dai driving an american car. but who knows. maybe it will put him to the top, who knows. dai is an awesome guy and he deserves a good team

It doesn't matter if I know you or not.

I know the story too, heard it from Dai himself. That's not the point.

To say its Retarded for Dai to drive an American car and that he shouldn't be put in one...is in fact .."retarded" itself.

If everyone thought like that then Gushi would have never had support from Ford Racing.

Given the circumstances of the situation Dai driving in a car that's won a championship is probably one of the best outcomes that he could have hoped for. No one want's to see Dai leave Pac Rim but would you rather have Dai in an American car or not in Formula D at all?

I think by now that people would begin to realize that the JDM elitist BS doesn't belong in drifting anymore.
                              Last edited by MonkeySlide; 02-13-2008, 01:02 PM.

Comment

Glad Dai found a ride... glad the GTO is being put back into use...

hope Jerry isn't being left high and dry.

Seems that this is the economics of any motorsport at work. One team has a title sponsor pull out, another has an open seat in a race car, and the driver finds himself behind the wheel of a new car for a new season.

This is far from the first time this has happened (In fact, the Ben Schwartz situation from 2006 to 2007 was very similar), and it's far from the last.

Comment

Working...
                                X