No announcement yet.

Harri Tervola........BMW SPONSER?*?*?*?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harri Tervola........BMW SPONSER?*?*?*?

I think its just a rumor, but has anyone else heard about Harri being sponsored by BMW. Also the car that they will be using........ 135i coupe?*?*?*?*

Originally posted by kanji180sx View Post
    I think its just a rumor, but has anyone else heard about Harri being sponsored by BMW. Also the car that they will be using........ 135i coupe?*?*?*?*
    I haven't heard that rumor but I doubt it.

While it is true that someone from BMW is interested in drifting with the 1-series, the higher ups in BMW that could actually make it happen so far aren't interested.

That doesn't mean that this couldn't be really happening...but I just doubt its a BMW factory backed effort. Maybe he got a 135 coupe and is working with a BMW dealer for sponsorship?

Comment

Man......we need some BMW support!!!!! If we did the European cars would take over. I have an 1987 325is e30, and to get some factory support would be huge....hopefully Harri gets a little help from BMW and we can start seeing more BMW action.

Comment

i think if bmw got into to drifting it would really make the sport seem legit to a lot of those people who still think its a fad or boring or whatever. hopefully the rumours are true because that would be awesome to see that car out there plus help drifting out quite a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by gigglesnirt View Post
          i think if bmw got into to drifting it would really make the sport seem legit to a lot of those people who still think its a fad or boring or whatever. hopefully the rumours are true because that would be awesome to see that car out there plus help drifting out quite a bit.
          I agree. But I just dont think it's going to happen this year. Most likely it will be in 09.

Maybe Harry's 135 might help speed along the decision though. The guys in Munich are a tough sell.

Comment

Hopefully someone who is kin to Harri, will tell him to chime in on the subject or to just say its a plain rumor. Just for kicks I think Harri would kick *Censored**Censored**Censored* in a 135i apart from his 5 series

Comment

Andy Sapp for BMW President

\M/

Comment

i like harri a lot, but when i think of bmw's drifting in the states, i think of sir andrew sapp.

www.andysapp.com

Comment

Its not that much of a rumor, Harri is trying to get BMW to sponsor them for a 135. I guess he said BMW doesnt want to be associated with motorsports along Nissans so who knows.

Comment

oooooo burn

Comment

Originally posted by Mars View Post
                      Its not that much of a rumor, Harri is trying to get BMW to sponsor them for a 135. I guess he said BMW doesnt want to be associated with motorsports along Nissans so who knows.
                      Like I said ...the suits in Munich are a hard sell.

Right now I think they're totally wrong in their thinking though. But they'll come around eventually.

I mean...think about it...they dotn want to be assosiated with motorsports along with Nissans...but with the 135's market...who do you think one of their main compeitiors are?!

They have their head's up their tailpipes..but there are people within the company working to change their minds.

Comment

I'm good friends with Harri, but I can't speak for him. I do know that he has been trying for years to have factory support from BMW. He has the contacts. It's just one of those things where every year you pursue it and you feel closer than ever, but it doesn't happen. Maybe this year will be his year. I hope it's true. Harri is a stellar dude

Comment

I hope he can do it so he can get into something with some real potential unlike that overpowered broken down boat he drives (just kidding Harri lol)

Comment

Problem is that like with all other manufacturers their marketing dept always looks to the target group for their car sales. Some go the middle way, for middle class, some go for "the odd" persons sales (like Alfa Romeo and Subaru), some fight for premium category sales etc and I am pretty sure there are several people who have thought about that already... Now BMW is getting back into ALMS so itīs hard to know if they would want to support something else too... I am always the optimist but I think that if a company like BMW decided they wanted to steal market shares in the drifting sport scene it would be a very unusual move for a pretty conservative customer group and a very special thing. Itīs more likely a big dealership would do it... but on the same hand - to show off drifting to their customers who are prob not that into drifting... itīs a hard sell. Which sucks. But with the right people behind it, anything is possible.

Why canīt every manufacturer just supply for a 2 car pro team?? (at least).

Some sliding around in the Z4 which Iīd much more like to see in drift spec (the Coupe) than the 135:
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mIRR5rk8JQ

This is how I would build my Z4 drift coupe if someone donated a Z4 Coupe.

Comment

+ Andy Sapp = gnarl

Comment

Working...
                              X