ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KEN GUSHI + RS*R Scion tC (Press Release)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

K. That makes some more sense.

Comment

Originally posted by stedriftward View Post
      Not if you drive a Topaz obviously

Meaning: "Play it safe...Drive a Topaz! It's not like everybody and their mom doesn't have one!!"
      Why do you post? I think all 9 of your posts are responses to Brian and they all have something to do with a Topaz. I dont get it is it because he has a zenki s14??? If so its not a topaz its a 2 door camry.

Comment

Originally posted by brainfood View Post
        Why do you post? I think all 9 of your posts are responses to Brian and they all have something to do with a Topaz. I dont get it is it because he has a zenki s14??? If so its not a topaz its a 2 door camry.

True dat. Who started this whole Brian Harte/Mercury Topaz thing anyway?

I wanna see more of the TC. I always wanted those to be RWD. It could be really cool... or stupid... who knows?

Comment

While my internet was down, you guys got this thread up. So here's what I was intending to post regarding this topic before someone else got to it:

Yeah, you read that right. Team RS*R, best known for their shockingly successful Formula D Honda S2000, recently unveiled their newest bastardization for 2008, a RWD-converted Scion TC.

"How is this possible," you may ask. Indeed, to the logical mind this is in direct violation of most of the Formula D and D1 regulations. However, in a clever circumvention of the rules, RS*R has taken the nether-regions of the TC's JDM counterpart - an AWD hatch whose model name I cannot recall - and mated them to the TC's body. Legal, yes. But only barely. It is as if (what follows is entirely possible, and what I predict as the next step for those who take the RWD hybrid approach) someone had mated an Altima Coupe body to an AWD Rogue drivetrain.

As if to make this okay with the masses, they have enlisted no other than youngster Ken Gushi as the pilot for this thing. Now, before I go on I should state that I have every bit of respect for The Gush. He's a great driver with a unique style and balls to spare, and far better than I was at his age. But I also think he is sort of the Tiger Woods of drifting right now, and that RS*R is taking advantage of that.

I don't resent the publicity this is getting for this sport, so don't get me wrong. I love this sport. But the appeal that got me into drifting was that a broke-*Censored**Censored**Censored* kid from Mississippi with a beat-up old (slow) Toyota could still whoop up on the Mustang GTs and Supra TTs. Any stupid punk with 50 grand can build a fast car and drive it fast in a straight line. What we do takes skill and finesse. And it looks a helluva lot cooler.

It's really a shame that we need the white-collars' financing to keep this sport going.

Comment

Also, it should be noted that Ken hasn't gotten much seat time as yet. We'll see how this impacts his performance in this new car for the 2008 season.

Comment

It will be intrestering to see what changes this car brings, I have had several calls for companies about can we get there cars into FD under the new rules interpitions. One with the Ford FOCUS awd.. and a other car that will be harder but look possible from Europe. will this open up the drifting market to car we would not normally thought of????????????????????????

Comment

Originally posted by Steve's Soarer View Post
                mated an Altima Coupe body to an AWD Rogue drivetrain.
                Beat you to that one, pal.

Comment

I don't understand how in the rules this type of car can not compete..

ITS a FF from the factory..

but its related to some car in japan thats AWD...

but still there is no AWD TC. So thus this car isnt really truly awd. its FF that is turned FR with the fact it has chassis features to make this easy to do.

interesting...

that is all..

awasome build btw..
                  Last edited by jwoo; 05-21-2008, 07:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve's Soarer View Post
                    Also, it should be noted that Ken hasn't gotten much seat time as yet. We'll see how this impacts his performance in this new car for the 2008 season.

Yeah for sure, If i was him id make the company take it out to every Drift day he can. Seat time is priceless in a new car. I think he has the amazing skill to adjust. And coming from a heavyer car it will be better to be in this.

Comment

Working...
                    X