This Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This Car

My question is, my best friend just bought a Honda Del-Sol DOHC V-Tech. He wants to know something. The car recently had a set of ?Cobra? X-large full injection injectors put in it, would it be logical to put a Greddy turbo with about 15LBS of boost?

WHAT?! get off this forum with that FWD crap!

but yea. post in the tech section for all of your other dumb questions.

but to answer it. PUT THE BIGGEST TURBO ON IT THAT MONEY CAN BUY!!!!

this one.

Comment

Im not a fan of the Del-Sol myself, i'd much rather have a '98 Supra Twin turbo.....but i dont have the money......

Comment

I think thats any drag/drift enthusist dream car...

Comment

www.honda-tech.com

That is all.

Comment

I don't think that Honda engines are really ment for forced induction. It's more for high revving fast paced fun rather then torque.

The compression ratio is 10.4:1, so it's on the high side of the , it looks like it would be a little risky to put a turbocharger on that. Because the average fuel pump only offer fuel octane high enough to cope with 10.5 to 1 ratios without the engine pinging. If you turbocharge the engine, you are fitting more fuel and air in a given area then allowed by atmospheric pressure. Which then you will be compressing more then normal. Thus, your friend will not be able to use the CR-X as a daily driver.

reference:http://www.sdsefi.com/techmods.htm

Comment

Originally posted by atlantian View Post
              I don't think that Honda engines are really ment for forced induction. It's more for high revving fast paced fun rather then torque.

The compression ratio is 10.4:1, so it's on the high side of the , it looks like it would be a little risky to put a turbocharger on that. Because the average fuel pump only offer fuel octane high enough to cope with 10.5 to 1 ratios without the engine pinging. If you turbocharge the engine, you are fitting more fuel and air in a given area then allowed by atmospheric pressure. Which then you will be compressing more then normal. Thus, your friend will not be able to use the CR-X as a daily driver.

reference:http://www.sdsefi.com/techmods.htm
              I think you, the off-ramp drifter and the original poster here need to start up a performance shop/drift team.

Comment

Originally posted by Daron View Post
                I think you, the off-ramp drifter and the original poster here need to start up a performance shop/drift team.
                I'm sorry for the trolling a year back, but I was only trying to help here.

Comment

I think you, the off-ramp drifter, Phalerider and the original poster here need to start up a performance shop/drift team.
                  fixed....

Comment

I think you, the off-ramp drifter and the original poster here need to start up a drift team.
                    Why would I start a drift team? 6(-.^)

Comment

Working...
                    X