(LIVE VIDEO) FORMULA D Atlanta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gigglesnirt View Post
    Big disappointment being shut down, i was enjoying watching that. This isn't the first time i've seen speed being *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*'s about coverage of something they have rights to but oh well.

edit: the word n.azi is censored? lol
    it was the same for G4tv and ESPN2.

Comment

They need to get rid of that 2 wheels off track rule and just treat it just like the wall rule. If you can touch the wall and keep holding your line and still get correct points you should be able to get two wheels off track for .02 seconds and keep your points if it didnt disturb your line.

deduct points depending on how bad it effected the drivers line, but a automatic 0.... no

Takatori's line was sick with it

Comment

Originally posted by blaze1 View Post
        They need to get rid of that 2 wheels off track rule and just treat it just like the wall rule. If you can touch the wall and keep holding your line and still get correct points you should be able to get two wheels off track for .02 seconds and keep your points if it didnt disturb your line.

deduct points depending on how bad it effected the drivers line, but a automatic 0.... no

Takatori's line was sick with it
        that rule is beyond stupid. No disrespect to Pat because he put up one hell of a fight but no way should he have gone OMT with Gitten.

Comment

Might be wrong but it looked like foul play on the straight between Millen and JR.

Comment

Originally posted by my 1 88 u View Post
            that rule is beyond stupid. No disrespect to Pat because he put up one hell of a fight but no way should he have gone OMT with Gitten.
            I thought it was definitely a one more time. Patty cakes rawked it!

Comment

takatori could win it?

Comment

Rhys it is
                Last edited by Tracy; 05-10-2008, 07:23 PM.

Comment

Congrats to Ryan Tuerck for his first formula d podium!
                  Dai ironically got beat by 2 Solstices...

Comment

lol, bitching and scandal already???

Comment

Congrats to
                      Rhys, Takatori, and Ryan
                      Last edited by driftinbaybay; 05-10-2008, 07:17 PM.

Comment

congrats to rhys, good to see him back in action.

also just my .02; you can't really compare 2 off to a wall. the wall doesn't move, if you slam into it you cant hold a drift no matter how awesome you are, but i fyou have enough control to hit a solid immovable object with enough finesse to continue a drift that is awesome. planting two wheels where grass used to be..........not so much. plus if there was a wall where you put two wheels off and you have enough momentum to put TWO wheels past this theoretical "wall" , where the wall is would have destroyed the back of your car ,and the front/side would have piled into it to. which is pretty lame to wacth in all honesty, unless its mike peters totalling his car and getting injured or something.

Comment

I just drove 6.5 hours back home from atlanta to make this post right after ti was over with

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Peters View Post
                            congrats to rhys, good to see him back in action.

also just my .02; you can't really compare 2 off to a wall. the wall doesn't move, if you slam into it you cant hold a drift no matter how awesome you are, but i fyou have enough control to hit a solid immovable object with enough finesse to continue a drift that is awesome. planting two wheels where grass used to be..........not so much. plus if there was a wall where you put two wheels off and you have enough momentum to put TWO wheels past this theoretical "wall" , where the wall is would have destroyed the back of your car ,and the front/side would have piled into it to. which is pretty lame to wacth in all honesty, unless its mike peters totalling his car and getting injured or something.
                            A rare occasion, but I actually agree with Mike, here. Both on Rhys and the two wheels off issue. One wheel off is alright and would be more in line with being against a wall while keeping your drift. Two wheels would have meant a crash into a wall. Rhys coming back, not off his game despite having to recover from a severe back injury, missing the first race of the season, having to qualify and still wins Atlanta. It just proves he has a ton of skill that all of us are striving for.

Comment

But the edge of the track is not a wall, its like apples and oranges they're two completely different things.

Comment

coloring books have lines on them. if you draw outside the line, your grade would be lower in kindergarden.

If the lines are extra thick, coloring on top of the lines wasn't given a grade deduction from the teacher as long as the rest of the picture was colored in properly (essentially rubbing on the walls but not disturbing your line).

The track at Road Atlanta specifically asked FD to do whatever they could to keep drivers from dropping a tire on the track. The system FD came up with was a deduction for dropping 1 tire and a 0 for dropping 2.

Several friends who visited Road Atlanta for the first time this weekend made comments to me about how beautiful the track was, and how it's quite possibly one of the nicest motorsport facilities in the US. I don't' blame Road Atlanta for wanting to keep it pretty and clean.

Comment

Working...
                                X