U.S. Top Gear hosts....Tanner!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U.S. Top Gear hosts....Tanner!

its official, the hosts for the U.S. version of Top Gear have been announced

-Tanner Foust
    cool, no real surprise considering he hosted the redline programs and "Supercars Exposed" ... so there should be some nice drifting action

-Adam Corolla
    alright, dont know how much of a car guy he is but he hosted The Man Show so hell at least be somewhat funny...i hope

-Eric Strhomer?
    um....WTF?...he hosted a show on HGTV

i doubt it will ever be as good as the brit version but i hope for tanners sake that the show isnt horrible

thoughts?

Tanner is a great host, looking forward to seeing his work

Comment

Adam is a hardcore car guy. Besides havng a pretty nice collection of Exotic cars he also owns a replica of the BRE Datsun 510.

The Stromer guy...eh...well..he was a co-host with Adam on an HGTV show a while back and he also used to be a "Soap Oprea Hunk" so they're pretty much bringing him in to get chicks to tune in as well as like providing some validity when they build crazy car contraptions like in the UK version

Comment

I think the real reason they are bringing the stromer guy on is with everyone else on the show it pretty much covers who drives cars. The professional driver, an enthusiast, and the guy who knows nothing about racing.

Comment

its gonna suck compared to the british version. it wont be funny at all it will be forced cheezy funny. drifting will be pretty awesome. i hope it is filmed in the same quality as the british. i hope its filmed nation wide and not just in hills of cali. congrats to tanner.

Comment

Besides the fact that Tanner is going to be one of hosts, which could possibly promote the sport of drifting to a bigger and wider audience, I strongly believe this show is set up to fail here in the US.

One of the reasons why Top Gear is so popular in the UK is because of the hosts' unbiased opinions about the cars they are testing. If they think the car is bad, they are not afraid to bash on it as ugly as they could.

However, the US TV media is overly advertising dependent, opinions expressed in the US version Top Gear are going to be compromised. If Ford is a sponsor for the show, it's difficult to imagine the hosts would bash on a Ford.

I have yet to see any shows on TV about cars that do not have biased opinions. In fact, most of the shows you see now are produced to sell cars. Like Test Drive on Speed, I want to smash the TV every time I see that show came on. It's boring. All they are doing is showing the audience the stats of the car with little to no action. I thought the Mercedes AMG and the BMW M3 Test Drive episodes were better, but still it's not even close to as interesting as the UK Top Gear. And moreover, as expected, only good things about the cars were talked about on the show, not even one bad comment.

I hope NBC knows what they are doing and will try to let the hosts be as objective as they can and won't have the "try not pissing off any advertisers" kind of mindset. Adam Corolla is known to be sarcastic and speak his mind kind of guy. I hope he will retain that character.
            Hubert Young
            KORE 8 Films

Comment

I listen to Adam Carolla in the mornings on the Adam Corolla show, I think he is pretty funny. He will be like the American version of Jeremy, a loud mouth.

Tanner will be like the American version of Tiff Needell.

And Strhomer will be like Richard Hammond.

Comment

its gonna flop something serious and bring shame to the original BBC show. i hate how our culture lacks the creativity to come up with a show as entertaining and on top of that to try and copy it and destroy its image in the process.

what happened to leaving well enough alone?

Comment

Who said that Top Gear was ever serious? And I think that they are just calling it "Gear"

Comment

^ He didn't say the show was going to be "serious", your phrase comprehension sucks really.

"Something serious" is just a phrase. Example: "Im about to fart something serious" "Im about to cook up something serious"

Learn to read please.

Plus this is from final Gear
                    Top Gear America Supposedly Won’t Be Censored By NBC

Posted June 19th, 2008 at 21:41 GMT by Viper007Bond in Adam Carolla, Top Gear America

Last week, before Eric Stromer was announced as the third host, a caller called into Adam’s show wanting an update on Top Gear. Discussion ensued about the third host having been picked, that they’d be reviewing supercars and such much like the British version, and so forth. However the surprising thing, to me at least, was Adam mentioning that NBC was actually going to be allowing them to praise or more importantly criticize cars as they saw fit. Many people, including me, were worried that since NBC was advertiser supported, there would be resistance to criticizing cars that could be potential advertisers. Luckily it seems that NBC is smart enough to realize that the only way Top Gear America can succeed is if the hosts are allowed to say their true feelings and aren’t on a leash. This is very, very good news.
                    Last edited by Piner; 06-20-2008, 12:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Piner View Post
                      Plus this is from final Gear
                      Top Gear America Supposedly Won’t Be Censored By NBC

Posted June 19th, 2008 at 21:41 GMT by Viper007Bond in Adam Carolla, Top Gear America

Last week, before Eric Stromer was announced as the third host, a caller called into Adam’s show wanting an update on Top Gear. Discussion ensued about the third host having been picked, that they’d be reviewing supercars and such much like the British version, and so forth. However the surprising thing, to me at least, was Adam mentioning that NBC was actually going to be allowing them to praise or more importantly criticize cars as they saw fit. Many people, including me, were worried that since NBC was advertiser supported, there would be resistance to criticizing cars that could be potential advertisers. Luckily it seems that NBC is smart enough to realize that the only way Top Gear America can succeed is if the hosts are allowed to say their true feelings and aren’t on a leash. This is very, very good news.
                      This is indeed very very good news!!!!! But I am not going to believe it until I see it...
                      Hubert Young
                      KORE 8 Films

Comment

Originally posted by Hubert Young View Post
                        This is indeed very very good news!!!!! But I am not going to believe it until I see it...
                        I am with Hubert...Just my two cents but Americans usually don't have the comedic wit of the Brits.....Shawn of the Dead, Hot fuzz, Benny Hill........Then you have us......Scary Movie, Epic Movie......Dumb *Censored**Censored**Censored* movie. Sorry but "The Man Show" sucked

Comment

the adam corrola radio show isn't really very funny either. I really don't think this show is gonna be very funny like the British version. Unless eric stromer is some kind of comedic genius cause Tanner sure isn't no offense.

Comment

British humor and awesome cinematography make this show awesome. I am not sure how Adams humor will be with the show.

Whats their test track going to be? And will they have a Stig?

Comment

hopefully they poke a lot of fun back at the brit hosts and do some similar challenges but try to one up them american style

Comment

Working...
                              X