Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by courantcom View Post
    You can say that.... =)
    Wheres the same picture, with Roo, Jim , Ryan , Takatori, Ken, and Ernie all holding hands ? I want to see that one.

Comment

• Originally posted by tyndago View Post
      Wheres the same picture, with Roo, Jim , Ryan , Takatori, Ken, and Ernie all holding hands ? I want to see that one.
      ...a race team that gets together, stays together? ;-)

Comment

...a race team that gets together, stays together? ;-)
        Did we prove that one right or wrong ? Or 2 for 5 ? or was it more like 4 for 5 ?

Comment

• Oh, I don't know. Maybe, at this point, we can change this topic to: "What can Formula D do to make things gooder".

Comment

• ...so is the debacle over? Is everything all good now?

Comment

• Originally posted by sa-drift.com View Post
              We've had several meetings and discussions with Formula DRIFT about these issues over the past 2 weeks. The side e-mail issue I previously posted appears to just been a untimely fluke that added to the controversy, but not an act of malice on Formula DRIFT's part. I apologize for making an issue of it here. From what I've been told, there is a lot going on now (more than we're all aware of) and much of it for the better (for both drifting and Formula DRIFT) While I cannot discuss specifics, I am very much satisfied in the direction Formula DRIFT is taking this sport.

I just want to thank everyone for showing their support for our team and our venture into this series. I am very pleased to announce we will not be leaving the Formula DRIFT series anytime soon and we are working with Formula DRIFT to resolve everything we had taken issue with. I am very happy that this thread can end on a positive note.

Thank You,
              Roo Arebalo

Team Super Autobacs
              www.sa-drift.com
              Originally posted by courantcom View Post
              ...so is the debacle over? Is everything all good now?

From the apology I read written by your superiors, I assumed it was all over and that everyone has united for the betterment of drifting as a motorsport. You seem to want to revive this dead thread.

If you personally still have problems with Formula D, I would suggest you notify your "dictators" before speaking again on their behalf. You don't want to open up another can of worms, do you?

Just let this thread "drift" further and further down the "last 20 posts" list and let it go, man. I just figured out how to "multi-quote" properly, so I'm ready. lol

Comment

Shouldn't you know tho?

You talk to Roo, You have Roo's #, and you are there truck driver right?

Comment

• ...maybe because I know it isn't over yet *believe it or not*. After a quiet one-on-one meeting with Formula D back then, that person from Formula D says one thing, and yet someone else who wasn't at that special meeting behind a Formula D desk emails another. The SA Drift team had already made plans on extending their stay here in the USA after Round 4 to replace the front suspension, but went back to Japan instead under the impression that the current setup was now deemed OK.

It's been a week now. Quiet discussions and communication off a forum stage could have been done by now through the the week's time, but yet has not. Round 5 is quickly approaching, and this song sounds like it's starting to come back again like its on a KIIS FM playlist.

SA Drift is not 100% sure if they will be allowed to run the next event without penalties. Travel logistics for SA Drift are already set for Round 5, and it does not provide for the time required to revisit this debacle all over again...

There's a reason as to why this thread hasn't been locked yet...because more people than just me know that all this isn't quite over yet. When I say "all this..." I'm meaning more than SA Drift...more than what we need to do with that car. It's more than just this car.

All this "waiting" is frustrating, and it's annoying when official "decisions" get made right before an upcoming round because it never leaves enough time to do what we need to do. Because of all this waiting, I can now easily foresee an unfavorable decision being made right before the next round, and SA Drift throwing their arms up why couldn't they have just made that decision right after the last round so that something could have been done about it before THIS round.

Comment

• Before I even start up again, I just want to know one thing. Do you,"courantcom", even have permission to discuss these matters on the forum? It appears as if your superiors, "SA-Drift", want to move forward with Formula D and attempt to resolve their issues.

This is what Roo said, "I am very pleased to announce we will not be leaving the Formula DRIFT series anytime soon and we are working with Formula DRIFT to resolve everything we had taken issue with. I am very happy that this thread can end on a positive note."

Then you come back and start bringing up more stuff like "maybe because I know it isn't over yet *believe it or not*. Shouldn't you let the people with decision making powers work things out privately and professionally?

Can you get "sa-drift" to come back and post that this sh*t isn't over yet? Your words will carry more weight and credibility. Right now, you are contradicting what your superiors are saying. It's cool that you're in the industry and an insider, but you're acting like a little disgruntled snitch.

Comment

• OMG this is still going on?? I say burn the skyline to the ground and bring BH on board to show SA drift how to build a hot S14.

Comment

We've had several meetings and discussions with Formula DRIFT about these issues over the past 2 weeks. The side e-mail issue I previously posted appears to just been a untimely fluke that added to the controversy, but not an act of malice on Formula DRIFT's part. I apologize for making an issue of it here. From what I've been told, there is a lot going on now (more than we're all aware of) and much of it for the better (for both drifting and Formula DRIFT) While I cannot discuss specifics, I am very much satisfied in the direction Formula DRIFT is taking this sport.

I just want to thank everyone for showing their support for our team and our venture into this series. I am very pleased to announce we will not be leaving the Formula DRIFT series anytime soon and we are working with Formula DRIFT to resolve everything we had taken issue with. I am very happy that this thread can end on a positive note.

Thank You,
                        Roo Arebalo

Team Super Autobacs
                        www.sa-drift.com
                        This thread should've ran out of gas on July 16, 2008 at 12:35 p.m. Read the last sentence of Team Manager, Mr. Arebalo's post. Here it is anyways, "I am very happy that this thread can end on a positive note."

Personally, I thought that was the end of this thread. However, the following day, "courantcom", the driver/transporter, comes back to add gas to the tank with the following statement:
                        Oh, I don't know. Maybe, at this point, we can change this topic to: "What can Formula D do to make things gooder".
                        Here he goes again trying to fan the proverbial flames. He still doesn't understand the fact that this is Formula D's show and they'll run it how they want. Maybe he should walk around the pits and the stands carrying a suggestion box that he can hand deliver to FORMULA D to see "what can Formula D do to make things gooder". Things are looking pretty good with that Red Bull World Championship announcement.

Then he comes back to add more gas 5 days later, even after no one else has posted to add this:
                        WTF If he is so tight with SA DRIFT, shouldn't he know the latest news? He probably does, but he wanted to revive this thread, even after the post written by Roo expressing his apologies and decision to move forward with Formula D.

Then he comes back with this:
                        ...maybe because I know it isn't over yet *believe it or not*. After a quiet one-on-one meeting with Formula D back then, that person from Formula D says one thing, and yet someone else who wasn't at that special meeting behind a Formula D desk emails another. The SA Drift team had already made plans on extending their stay here in the USA after Round 4 to replace the front suspension, but went back to Japan instead under the impression that the current setup was now deemed OK.

It's been a week now. Quiet discussions and communication off a forum stage could have been done by now through the the week's time, but yet has not. Round 5 is quickly approaching, and this song sounds like it's starting to come back again like its on a KIIS FM playlist.

SA Drift is not 100% sure if they will be allowed to run the next event without penalties. Travel logistics for SA Drift are already set for Round 5, and it does not provide for the time required to revisit this debacle all over again...

All this "waiting" is frustrating, and it's annoying when official "decisions" get made right before an upcoming round because it never leaves enough time to do what we need to do. Because of all this waiting, I can now easily foresee an unfavorable decision being made right before the next round, and SA Drift throwing their arms up why couldn't they have just made that decision right after the last round so that something could have been done about it before THIS round.
                        He speaks as if he's the person that is dealing "one-on-one" with FORMULA D on behalf of SA DRIFT. He's only the transporter/driver, but yet, speaks like he's the damn CEO or something. That's why until I/we get notice that he's the official SA DRIFT spokesperson, I won't stop posting on this thread. His methods of resolve to this matter is just mind boggling, but highly entertaining to me.

B]It's been a week now.[/B] Quiet discussions and communication off a forum stage could have been done by now through the the week's time, but yet has not.
                        So a week of private discussions off a forum stage has gone by. It is taking toooo looooong for his taste, so he decides to go public again. WTF WTF Going public will only slow things down.

There's a reason as to why this thread hasn't been locked yet...because more people than just me know that all this isn't quite over yet. When I say "all this..." I'm meaning more than SA Drift...more than what we need to do with that car. It's more than just this car.
                        Here he goes again talking about "more people" and "more people" and bringing them into this matter and trying to speak for them, too. Basically, he's doing the same thing as "name dropping." We all know pretenders who "name drop" in order to try to gain more status and credibility, don't we?

If you read his previous posts, he mentions other possible sanctioning bodies to replace FORMULA D, like NOPI and D1. He even mentioned that they were watching this thread "through the eyes of SA Drift." WTF once again.

NOPI, which is now defunct, can watch all they want because it no longer exists. If he was so tight with them, didn't he know that was coming?
                        D1 has an event scheduled at Irwindale in November, with no specific date yet. What's up with that? Remember, FORMULA D just announced the RED BULL/FORMULA D World Championship on November 15, 2008.

I heard that some D1 drivers will be competing at FORMULA D's event. Is that true? If it is, does that mean D1 will cancel their one and only event in the US this year? Probably so, right. Since you are the "eyes of D1", let us know. I have cash in hand to buy tickets for D1.

Originally Posted by courantcom
                        Oh, I don't know. Maybe, at this point, we can change this topic to:"What can Formula D do to make things gooder".
                        Maybe we should start this topic: "What can SA DRIFT do to make things gooder." Here's a couple of suggestions:

1. Designate an official spokesperson, who carries some authority, like Roo Arebalo, the Team Manager. This can re-assure those reading threads about SA Drift knows it's coming from a credible and reliable source, not from some "low man on the totem pole."

2. Keep private matters......private. Airing this out publicly will only make things worse for those involved, especially the instigator.

3. Stop implying that "more people" share the same sentiments you do regarding FORMULA D. Until someone else comes out publicly and states that, you're all alone. Even if they do, I don't think they would be stupid enough to post publicly.

That's my suggestions. I think that would make SA DRIFT more "gooder."
                        Last edited by OldSkool510; 07-25-2008, 12:00 PM.

Comment

• ...it's not over yet...

Comment

...it's not over yet...
                            WHAT?????!

Comment

• WTF???

*Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* length

Comment

• What is so surprising?

Other people *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* about stuff like this, so then the team has to chop up the car and start over.

This is business, not drifting.

get real.

Comment

Working...
                                X