FORMULA D Rule Changes...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by courantcom View Post
    I'm the transporter... ;-) I'm also the key holder.
    ah ok, well I'm friends with Roo...

Comment

Originally posted by tyndago View Post
      8.3.3 Modified or aftermarket suspension parts are only allowed if pre-approved by Formula Drift.

Is there is a public list of pre-approved aftermarket suspension parts ?

In SCCA World Challenge, each vehicle had what was called a VTS sheet. Vehicle Technical Sheet. The VTS sheet listed the allowed modifications to each car. For instance, the Cadillac had the engine set back 10 inches and down 4 inches to be "competitive". The rear frame rails were raised, the whole body was lowered over the floor. All in the name of competition.

From what I understand, Formula Drift does not have any kind of pre-approved list. They should.
      The World Challenge VTS sheets are also available to the general public via their website. Everything is disclosed. Click here to see them. This is how the fairness is applied. EVERYONE and ANYONE can see it. It's available to everyone. Nothing like this is kept a secret, and not only that, but this method helps build spectators.

If you were a spectator in a series, and you're watching a "car" do its thing on the course, you MAY want to build one just like that one. With a VTS sheet, you can do exactly that. You can go and buy whatever "car" that is, follow the VTS, and recreate the thing that brought you to your feet at the event.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian View Post
        ah ok, well I'm friends with Roo...
        Nobody wants to be my friend. Will you be my friend?

Comment

Originally posted by deadpirate View Post
          ^^ you and me are one of the few BH

this whole complaint about the skyline is retarded
          ...says your location is in Ventura. Don't you mean Riverside and/or the IE? ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by courantcom View Post
            I'm Victor. Nobody knows me.
            Sure... Trying to be stealthy?
            Hubert Young
            KORE 8 Films

Comment

Originally posted by Hubert Young View Post
              Should I have my rockstar glasses on too then? ;-)

Comment

It sucks when you are made an example of. Bad drifter...no cookies for you.

Comment

Originally posted by tyndago View Post
                  It sucks when you are made an example of. Bad drifter...no cookies for you.
                  That's not true. In the spirit of a particular drifting sanctioning body, I can still have cookies. I just have to take off any chocolate chips that may already be on there already, and pay more money for each of them. There's no price chart or anything, so I have to wait for someone to come up with a figure and tell me how much more.

Comment

I think the question to ask is that whether Formula D would had approved the skyline in the first place if the SA team had petitioned for it.

FD should also consider the fact that there is the Scion TC with radical changes to the drivetrain from FWD to RWD. Yes, they have petitioned but that modification was a stretch from the get go. Now you have a skyline with minor suspension modification with OEM parts from the C34 and it's deemed illegal? I know FD is simply enforcing a rule, but they are still responsible to maintain fairness.

I am sure something can be worked out. May be some kind penalty for the SA team for not going through the proper petition process. Ruling the car outright illegal is just wrong.
                    Hubert Young
                    KORE 8 Films

Comment

I think the question to ask is that whether Formula D would had approved the skyline in the first place if the SA team had petitioned for it.

FD should also consider the fact that there is the Scion TC with radical changes to the drivetrain from FWD to RWD. Yes, they have petitioned but that modification was a stretch from the get go. Now you have a skyline with minor suspension modification with OEM parts from the C34 and it's deemed illegal? I know FD is simply enforcing a rule, but they are still responsible to maintain fairness.

Something can be worked out. May be some kind penalty for the SA team for not going through the proper petition process. Ruling the car outright illegal is wrong.
                      The car is NOT illegal, it's "ineligible", but can still compete at its current state. The wording is confusing in my opinion, but in the spirit of this discussion about a vaguely worded rule book, it's all fair game.

A penalty has already been assessed. All qualifying points earned to date has been deducted. A deadline to fix everything was set to September 10. No additional qualifying points will be accrued until the suspension is put back to original. $250 fine for each event entered prior to the September 10 deadline, or until the corrections have been made.

Comment

I know FD is simply enforcing a rule, but they are still responsible to maintain fairness.
                        The SA team is looking for consistency in Formula D's rulings. If the Scion is given a green light, then so should the Skyline.

After seeing how all this has come about, they SHOULD have petitioned the car prior to even building the car, but in their defense, the rule book wording can easily be misinterpreted. On top of that, they were building a car with a translated rulebook in hand.

So what should be done as of right now? My opinion...I agree to a fine for not following procedures, but at the same time, that fine can NOT be outrageous.

Then, Formula D should just allow the car to compete as is, no additional penalties.

Comment

Unreal.

2009 here we come

Comment

That's because Victor is a ninja

Comment

Originally posted by Brian View Post
                              Unreal.

2009 here we come
                              2009 is inevitable. There are still 4 more rounds of 2008 left. The next round requires me to leave for Vegas next week. That means that this is the last weekend for anything to get done to the car if anything really.

Comment

Originally posted by jdmimpreza View Post
                                That's because Victor is a ninja
                                ...who's a ninja?

Comment

Working...
                                X