ALEX PFEIFFER Steps Down as Judge to Pursue Driving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alex's got AC on his nissan 180sx, but

there's no AC on my lexus is350 . . . . . not right!
    and i don't have leather seats either . . .

good to hear that you're running again Alex !!!

hiro

Comment

hey alex, how underpowered is it? what's it's HP?

Comment

Originally posted by INFO View Post
        After 2 years of contributing to develop the current standard in judging
        i'd maybe leave this off your resume...

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Barker View Post
          ROLFSNAKES!!!!

Comment

Best of luck Alex! I am wooting for you!!
            Hubert Young
            KORE 8 Films

Comment

Originally posted by tululu View Post
              Alex's got AC on his nissan 180sx, but

there's no AC on my lexus is350 . . . . . not right!
              and i don't have leather seats either . . .

good to hear that you're running again Alex !!!

hiro
              No AC for you sucks~ Try to stay cool and win! It's about time Hiro!
              Hubert Young
              KORE 8 Films

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Barker View Post
                i'm sure you're just kidding...

but i've been competing in competitions that alex has judged for years.. and there's not a guy more trustworthy as a judge in drifting that knows better than pfeiffer

interested to see who the new judge is though

Comment

Originally posted by cfrost View Post
                  i'm sure you're just kidding...

but i've been competing in competitions that alex has judged for years.. and there's not a guy more trustworthy as a judge in drifting that knows better than pfeiffer

interested to see who the new judge is though
                  Agreed! I've always believed that a drifting judge should be able to drift with the best in order to be able to identify the best.

Comment

Originally posted by courantcom View Post
                    Agreed! I've always believed that a drifting judge should be able to drift with the best in order to be able to identify the best.
                    Are you taking shots at KEN saying that he shouldn't judge?

Comment

Gee, Alex hasn't driven in two years so doesn't that mean he has to go through the Pro-Am like all other drivers who haven't scored points in the last year? That is the way it works for everyone else.

I am not knocking Alex, just wondering about how FD licensing rules work.....

Comment

Originally posted by M-Workz View Post
                        Gee, Alex hasn't driven in two years so doesn't that mean he has to go through the Pro-Am like all other drivers who haven't scored points in the last year? That is the way it works for everyone else.

No.

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

Comment

Na, he shouldn't really have to go through the process.

He driven last year in nopi and did pretty good in his ragadyann S13.

He still gots it.

Comment

I can't speak for Formula D but I believe they do have a license petitioning system for veteran drivers or drivers from other discipline of motorsport.
                            Hubert Young
                            KORE 8 Films

Comment

Originally posted by Hubert Young View Post
                              I can't speak for Formula D but I believe they do have a license petitioning system for veteran drivers or drivers from other discipline of motorsport.
                              Yup. That's how Takatori, Orido, and McNamara got in. Technically, Alex is still a D1 and Nopi Drift licensed driver, he could have used those as credentials to get into Formula D. In fact, now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure that's how Blake Fuller and Dan Willie got in as well, as they both didn't drive in the ProAm series last year, or receive enough points to get an automatic license.

Comment

Originally posted by Slapshotnerd View Post
                                Yup. That's how Takatori, Orido, and McNamara got in. Technically, Alex is still a D1 and Nopi Drift licensed driver, he could have used those as credentials to get into Formula D. In fact, now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure that's how Blake Fuller and Dan Willie got in as well, as they both didn't drive in the ProAm series last year, or receive enough points to get an automatic license.
                                This is the way it worked for Dan: He had already driven in Formula D in 2005 (before they had licensing) and had been granted a 1 event provisional in 2007. So, he always has the right to defend his license at the final pro-am event without competing in the pro-am series. You are not granted an automatic license, you just have the right to go to Vegas or wherever they decide to hold the invite only licensing event and try for your license again. That's also how I got to the Vegas Pro-Am event last year without competing in the Pro-Am series. I had been previously granted a 1 event provisional in 2007 so technically I was licensed...I just hadn't earned the 1 point you need to automatically retain my license for 2008. I hope that made sense. Basically ANYONE who competed in FD in it's existence since 2005 ( or 2004 was it?) maintains the right to go to the final pro-am licensing event. This is how it worked this year anyways. I'm sure they are still fine tuning the system.

You can also petition for a provisional based on your past credentials and pay the bond once you are accepted.

Comment

Working...
                                X