ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(SATURDAY) FORMULA D LAS VEGAS (July 11-12th)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blaze1 View Post
    Hach1r0k1d03 deserves a ticket....more then me
    oh thanks blaze1! hopefully we both get tickets. you seem to know alot of insider info stuff. im always trying to figure out who you are. haha! hopefully u haven't already stated it somewhere on this forum already, cus then id be lagging.

Comment

so no official word on parking vs road course?

Comment

its a surprise, or maybe both. The drift out one of the tunnels from the infield to the parking lot and then back in

Comment

From what I've been told it's the parking lot course. But a tad different from the D1 course.

Sounds awesome.

Got all my camera gear packed up and ready to go.

I'm a Vegas local and I don't even think I'll be able to handle the heat. At least comp and practice are at night. Unfortunately the press conference is not.

See you guys out there!

Comment

Originally posted by J.Herron View Post
            I'm a Vegas local and I don't even think I'll be able to handle the heat. At least comp and practice are at night. Unfortunately the press conference is not.

See you guys out there!
            You mean the media meeting? it's far from a press conference... I guess media "briefing" would better describe it. It's just a safety meeting.

Comment

Originally posted by Hach1r0k1d03 View Post
              oh thanks blaze1! hopefully we both get tickets. you seem to know alot of insider info stuff. im always trying to figure out who you are. haha! hopefully u haven't already stated it somewhere on this forum already, cus then id be lagging.

LOL, I ain't nothing but a careful observer

thats it...

drive....sometimes, attend a lot of events am and pro and talk to a lot of drivers but thats about it

BTW.... any updates on the tickets? Taking off tomorrow after work, just want to know if i will have a ticket on will call.

I'm sure you guys know my info, but just for extra measure I will shoot you guys a PM. Know you all have lives just like the rest of us.

Comment

Originally posted by Slapshotnerd View Post
                You mean the media meeting? it's far from a press conference... I guess media "briefing" would better describe it. It's just a safety meeting.
                There was actually a "press conference" today if you could even call it that. Wasn't full of anything exciting. Just basically for the local news to interview a few of the drivers.

The media meeting is tomorrow at 3. But yeah, I know what your talking about, it's just to talk about safety for the media guys.

The local press thing earlier today was pretty bad...as far as the weather was concerned. Right after they had a little bit of driving for the local news guys to get ride-alongs and all that. It was probably close to 112? I dunno, at least it felt hot. The meeting itself was great for getting Vegas more exposure to drifting. We don't have many events here.

Comment

its been 110+ the last 2 years for D1 so for anyone thats been out there for that, the weather is nothing new. just gotta keep the water in you. The only thing was I wish we could wear shorts

leaving LA in about an hr....

Comment

Originally posted by Mars View Post
                    its a surprise, or maybe both. The drift out one of the tunnels from the infield to the parking lot and then back in
                    lol that would be so awesome. drift 1/2 the oval, out the tunnel, across the street and onto the road course.

Comment

Originally posted by markshatchi86 View Post
                      The only thing was I wish we could wear shorts

leaving LA in about an hr....
                      You can. FD is making an exception for this round. w00t!

Course is lightning fast!! Initiation is right around 100 mph, they'll be flying in front of the crowd in the mid 80's completely sideways. The cars will HAVE to get close to the wall if they want to link the whole course.

Tanner is already one of the fastest. Orido hasn't missed a beat with all the off time. Tuerck's car sounds like a banshee. see you all in a few hours!

Comment

Working...
                      X