(LIVE VIDEO) FORMULA D Las Vegas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (LIVE VIDEO) FORMULA D Las Vegas

<embed flashvars="autoplay=false&amp;brand=embed" width="400" height="320" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" src="http://www.ustream.tv/flash/live/173299" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" /><a href="http://www.ustream.tv" style="padding:2px 0px 4px;width:400px;background:#FFFFFF;display:block;c olor:#000000;font-weight:normal;font-size:10px;text-decoration:underline;text-align:center;" target="_blank">TV Show hosted by Ustream</a>

this is an awesome idea, i love it, and i tried to watch it. but the resolution was terrible, and it cut out alot. the resolution was a 1/4 at best of youtube which is already pretty poor. i would say about 85+% of the time i was trying to watch i would just have audio if even that.

thanks for posting though, i hope you get it sorted out and it works well soon.

Comment

Just FYI (for those who don't know already), ESPN owns the rights to the top 16 footage, so no live video broadcasts are allowed, but covering the qualifying is fine.

But i was curious about this live stream. There sure was alot of ads during breaks. Someone's making money off this.

**edit**

GO ORIDO GO!
      Last edited by Sebring; 07-12-2008, 11:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sebring View Post
        Just FYI (for those who don't know already), ESPN owns the rights to the top 16 footage, so no live video broadcasts are allowed, but covering the qualifying is fine.

But i was curious about this live stream. There sure was alot of ads during breaks. Someone's making money off this.

**edit**

GO ORIDO GO!
        Dude..ESPN isn't their partner anymore they're going to be on SPEED.

And they've been showing the whole thing up until the final four but now it went out

Comment

I had saw no video the entire time once they started top 16. the only time i saw video was in between runs.

Comment

Originally posted by Sebring View Post
            I had saw no video the entire time once they started top 16. the only time i saw video was in between runs.
            Thats because the feed sucks and you had to constantly keep refreshing it over and over again...it would come in and out here and there though but the picture was super pixelated.

Formula D really needs to find another live stream service because this "ustream" one really sucks!

Earlier in the day when nothing was going on the feed was almost perfect...but as soon as it got a few more viewers it turned to crap...and a few more viewers was only like 56 people.

And when the feed would be there the quality was 10 times worse than it was before.

I agree in some ways Formula D is doing us a solid by doing a live video feed...but at the same time this could greatly increase the value to advertisers if its done better and can support more viewers.

If Formula D or Belle 1 Comm is reading this please try to find a better way to stream video.

Comment

The feed is in its experimental and developmental stages still. The link is only posted in a couple of forums. I say we're the privileged few. Something is better than nothing.

I heard Belle 1 has been trying different streaming servers, but haven't found one good enough yet. Last time they used Mogulus, but ended up switching it back to Ustream during the event. Pay Per View Formula D might be next. lol
              Last edited by OldSkool510; 07-13-2008, 02:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X