(FEEDBACK) FORMULA D Seattle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Podium Suggestions

One of the things that is rather anticlimactic and totally excludes the fans is the podium ceremonies.

I'm not sure how it's done at other tracks but at Evergreen the podium is off limits to the fans and it isn't even broadcast over the PA. All the fans just leave and have to wait to hear post race interviews on the DriftZone.

I'd love to see the fans allowed on the track near the podium with the staff doing crowd control to ensure the media get their shots and interviews.

Alternatively, a live broadcast on the big screen and over the PA using one of the wireless microphones would involve the fans and put a great finish on the competition for all the people in the stands.

Comment

Best hot pit ever!!!!!

Comment

I totally agree with you. Everytime i watch the ending ceremony i wish i was able to ask a couple questions. You pretty much have to just interrupt them or something to be able to ask a question, which is pretty rude. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Umaikakudo View Post
          One of the things that is rather anticlimactic and totally excludes the fans is the podium ceremonies.

I'm not sure how it's done at other tracks but at Evergreen the podium is off limits to the fans and it isn't even broadcast over the PA. All the fans just leave and have to wait to hear post race interviews on the DriftZone.

I'd love to see the fans allowed on the track near the podium with the staff doing crowd control to ensure the media get their shots and interviews.

Alternatively, a live broadcast on the big screen and over the PA using one of the wireless microphones would involve the fans and put a great finish on the competition for all the people in the stands.
          Very anticlimactic. I always thought the same thing. Even in Long Beach they had the podium ceremony off to the side where there was a limited view and limited access for fans. They didn't even broadcast the presentation on the screens that were already there or over the PA system. It seems like that's there MO and it sucks.

Why can't they have it on the track in front of the main grandstand where everyone can see like most motorsport venues? Maybe even have some type of closing ceremony for all of us to see.

Hopefully someone from FD can chime in on this...

Comment

We always do the winners on tracks after the last run so the fans can see and hear who won. We started this after LB after the complaints that most of the fans could not get to the podium in time.

Seattle is a venue where you can see the podium from the grandstands and we did announce the winners over the PA that was in the grandstands so I am not sure what you mean. If people want to announce the winners in front of the grandstand in Seattle we can totally do it. We just noticed that the podium can be seem clearly and we have all the sound and announcing of the winners over PA. In Seattle more than 3/4's of the fans stayed for the announcment and you could even hear them cheering when the names were announced so I am not sure if maybe you left early or..

Anyway, good feedback

Comment

Working...
            X