(TV SCHEDULE) FORMULA DRIFT @ SPEED TV Starting this Weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

want:
    - The voiceover is too loud! we can't hear the cars!
    - Explanations from the judges
    - car profiles (sponsor plugs)

--- agree.

i would assume the whole season is already done and edited to be aired. most of my gripes are with formula d. non of which will change.

- get rid of flag girl. if you wanna legitimize a sport. dont have some girl wave a flag at the beginning. its not a video game.

- coverage was good. want more in car. want more top 32 and practicing.

- J-rod is cool at the event because you need someone to get the crowd amped. but not on the TV show. i would prefer someone who sounds like an adult... not a "cali radical dude" guy. want actual judges commentating.

----

I would rather pay $20 for a dvd similar to an option dvd that covers everything and more, than have to watch a 1 hour, half *Censored**Censored**Censored* show. but thats just me.

other than that. its decent coverage, and i enjoy it.

Comment

Jarod isn't even from California....

Comment

Originally posted by Slapshotnerd View Post
        - The voiceover is too loud! we can't hear the cars!
        +1. The commentary was good, but I wanna hear the screaming engines and wailing tires

get rid of flag girl. if you wanna legitimize a sport. dont have some girl wave a flag at the beginning. its not a video game.
        Not to be a stick in the mud, but they do this at Supercross racing too, so there's nothing 'un-legit' about it. But I do agree it sorta cheapens it when they ham it up that much.

Totally couldn't see Sams goof on the last run from the stands, Glad I got to see it on video.

Comment

The drifting seems really slow and less exciting when I watch it on TV.

Comment

oh, and I want to see the ladder in a clearer format. Halfway through top 16, they showed the top 16 matchups, and all 16 drivers names were up there. If the driver was already eliminated, it makes sense to 'cross their name out' or grey it out or something to emphasize the drivers who already won. Also, I'd like to see the ladder setup as a ladder graphic, not just a 'matchup' graphic. I think it gives more emphasis to the drivers who have won.

overall, the show is pretty good, and I already my TiVo queued up for the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian View Post
              Jarod isn't even from California....
              wasn't trying to bash him. just saying. if i was an adult who didn't know anything about drifting, switched on speed and saw that show. saw the flag girl all cheesy, like a video game and heard the over the top commentating, i would think.. "oh this is cheesy like monster-jam and is appealing to 8 year-olds."

Originally posted by Brian View Post
              The drifting seems really slow and less exciting when I watch it on TV.
              agreed. thats why they need in-car, on-car. more audio. for example....by the time the commentators were done blabbering about how loud conrad's corvette was, the run was pretty much done and we never really heard it except the last turn.

and i agree flag girls are fine, if you wanna stay on speedvision with monster jam and dirtbikes for ever... not major networks like ESPN and major broadcasted networks like NBC...

you will notice all my arguements basically come down to.. i just wanna see more D1. lol. why can't our drivers just nod to each other and go. this real motor sport is not a video game!

Comment

Well redcoat, you make some good points.

I'll add that it would be nice to not see ANY corvettes there.

Comment

All good feedback. Thanks.

The bracket thing we were disappointed with as well. Unfortunately, on Speed they have an approved graphics package that we must use and that can not be altered. We want to push them to create one for the proper drifting brackets, but alas there is not one available.

Flag girls, yes. Internally, we all kind of want a light tree.

Posting speed at 60MPH or whatever seems weak in terms of general motor sports, but that is just a function of that track. When you get to NJ or Sonoma and you see 98MPH entry it makes more sense, but the speed is in the format so can't be changed event to event

Nat sound can definitely go up. We agree.

It can be frustrating if you are at the live event and you take everything in and then you have to cut that into a 42 minute show. Inherently, stuff gets cutout, downsized. OMT's get cut out, certain runs where maybe a dude spun gets tossed. It sucks, but that is the unfortunate nature of what we do in trying to consolidate the content into the allowed time and tell the story. It is the reality of this, but is necessary. We are already pushing it trying to just get in the Top 16, sponsor pieces, etc.

There is no way to record Jarod live and then work it into the show. We have tried that the first year of G4 and it's horrible. You have to voice the show in post and try to pretend you are there watching it for the first time. Kind of a tough thing to do, but I think it comes out pretty decently.

More in-car on car, yes yes yes. The problem here is that the current production budget only allows for a few on-car in car cams so they have to be installed strategically. It can literally bring the live event to a stand still and one of the main reasons we have delays. We all want more of this. Let's hope the show rates well and we can pick up cams for the entire top 16. We would want to have a mount in each car so cams could be installed easily and more $ for exterior cams, the batteries that power them and the staff to change tapes, etc.

Overall, LB was good, but I am much more impressed as we move along in the season. We added Red Cam's which shoot at a super high rate of frame per second and get some sick shots in some of the latter rounds and turned up the natural sound.

Comment

Originally posted by Formula D View Post
                    All good feedback. Thanks.

The bracket thing we were disappointed with as well. Unfortunately, on Speed they have an approved graphics package that we must use and that can not be altered. We want to push them to create one for the proper drifting brackets, but alas there is not one available.

Flag girls, yes. Internally, we all kind of want a light tree.

Posting speed at 60MPH or whatever seems weak in terms of general motor sports, but that is just a function of that track. When you get to NJ or Sonoma and you see 98MPH entry it makes more sense, but the speed is in the format so can't be changed event to event

Nat sound can definitely go up. We agree.

It can be frustrating if you are at the live event and you take everything in and then you have to cut that into a 42 minute show. Inherently, stuff gets cutout, downsized. OMT's get cut out, certain runs where maybe a dude spun gets tossed. It sucks, but that is the unfortunate nature of what we do in trying to consolidate the content into the allowed time and tell the story. It is the reality of this, but is necessary. We are already pushing it trying to just get in the Top 16, sponsor pieces, etc.

There is no way to record Jarod live and then work it into the show. We have tried that the first year of G4 and it's horrible. You have to voice the show in post and try to pretend you are there watching it for the first time. Kind of a tough thing to do, but I think it comes out pretty decently.

More in-car on car, yes yes yes. The problem here is that the current production budget only allows for a few on-car in car cams so they have to be installed strategically. It can literally bring the live event to a stand still and one of the main reasons we have delays. We all want more of this. Let's hope the show rates well and we can pick up cams for the entire top 16. We would want to have a mount in each car so cams could be installed easily and more $ for exterior cams, the batteries that power them and the staff to change tapes, etc.

Overall, LB was good, but I am much more impressed as we move along in the season. We added Red Cam's which shoot at a super high rate of frame per second and get some sick shots in some of the latter rounds and turned up the natural sound.
                    Is there any possibility of next year doing a two-day broadcast?

With other motorsports like Indy Car and NASCAR they often broadcast qualifying/practice one day and then the next day the race.

I know Formula D isn't at the NASCAR/Indy Car level yet...but heck..what else is SPEED going to show? Another repeat of "Livin' The Low Life"?

Comment

Formula D---

I agree with it all. For what you've accomplished in such a small time, it really is amazing.

obviously money is the golden answer to most of these issues. thats why I go ahead and clearify that i know nothing will really come about from my online griping.

even with all my trash talking, I still support everything you guys have done. good series with good goals.

cant wait for next season.

Comment

I didn't really have a *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* about the speed of the drifting, but just a general observation that it looks much better at the track in real life.

You guys have done wonders since that first demo you had at the LBGP years ago.

Keep it up.

Comment

ditch the flag girl and get Rich Christensen from Pinks to do his arm drop

Comment

Great job to Formula Drift, the fans and of course the companies that make this possible.

Great job to our production team Chabin of course and the whole crew, The drivers and crew an of course Formula Drift as a whole...

I read the feedback and basically all I have to say is "I COULD NEVER MAKE EVERYBODY HAPPY"!!! One guy wants more nat sound, the other wants more tech info, the other guy wants insanity and we cant create drifting 101 every episode nor can we make it "super core", all I can say is ENJOY FORMULA DRIFT ON SPEED, because it's amazing how far we've progressed and how far we're going to go...

CONGRATULATE AND DON'T HATE SO MUCH, It's to easy, glass is half full attitude is appreciate versus half empty...

Peace and yes Formula D is correct the show progressively gets better throughout the season...

Thanks for the support to those who had positive things to say,

Comment

Hey Jarod.... I'm pretty sure you called one of the s14s a S15.... just once, I caught it.

In your FACE.

<3

Comment

I would rather pay $20 for a dvd similar to an option dvd that covers everything and more, than have to watch a 1 hour, half *Censored**Censored**Censored* show. but thats just me.
                                Yea, I almost feel the same

X Games
                                X Games
                                X Games

X Games
                                X Games
                                X Games

X Games
                                X Games
                                X Games

If drifting cant figure out a way to be broadcasted live, it will never grow to a bigger level then monster jam.

Comment

Working...
                                X