No announcement yet.

TANNER FOUST DRIFTS SCION TC in 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I first heard about this I thought the same thing some of you guys did.

However a few Formula D drivers took Gushi's ride for a spin and they've all agreed that its a good platform.

lets remember that Gush made it to the top 16 the first time he drove it in competition. Thats HUGE for a brand new car especially one that isn't even supposed to be RWD.

Imagine what someone with Tanner's skills could do with it.

Comment

You know, I hope my predictions about FD are still going to be wrong. (I predicted that we would start seeing cars built just for drifting like "stock cars.")

Comment

Originally posted by Justin Banner View Post
        You know, I hope my predictions about FD are still going to be wrong. (I predicted that we would start seeing cars built just for drifting like "stock cars.")
        We really aren't that far off

minus body panels, these scions are damn close to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian View Post
          oh lord..... let me puke right now.

hold on, I'm going to throw up.

here I go.... throwing up.

Will this be more or less illegal than a car that changes from a 2 bolt-topped coilover to a 3 bolt-topped coilover?

Seems like changing the entire driveline configuration of a car is more challenging than changing the type of front coilover....
          My thoughts exactly!!!! Rules don't exist if you have loads of money!

Comment

Originally posted by markyd0s View Post
            Tanner Foust + 350z= Great Things

Tanner Foust + Scion=
            You guys got the formula wrong. Well, it's mostly right, but you're just not including a particular symbol.

Tanner Foust + $cion = Better than 350Z.

Comment

Tanner Foust has mad skillz and if anyone could pull it off i think he could

Comment

"mad skillz" = Millen.

Comment

Originally posted by courantcom View Post
                  You guys got the formula wrong. Well, it's mostly right, but you're just not including a particular symbol.

Tanner Foust + $cion = Better than 350Z.

Thats like saying 2+2= 5?? I guess we will have to wait and see.

Comment

Originally posted by markyd0s View Post
                    Thats like saying 2+2= 5?? I guess we will have to wait and see.
                    ...more like 2+$200,000 = winner. Don't quote me on dollar figures. I'm just trying to say that a properly funded team will always have a very positive advantage. This is, afterall, "professional" racing. The team with the most money will win.

Comment

Can somebody explain how this car is converted to a RWD car?

I'm pretty sure it starts life as a FWD car, but what is the deal? I just don't understand.

Is there anything custom that needs to be made?
                      In Japan, there's a version that's AWD. I'd be willing to bet that's the drivetrain they're at least starting with. Then from then on out, major fabrication.

Comment

Well, that makes sense.

I still wonder how that is MORE legal than a Skyline changing the front coilovers, basically.

It just seems to boggle my mind.

Anybody have detailed answers and schematics?

Comment

Originally posted by courantcom View Post
                          ...more like 2+$200,000 = winner. Don't quote me on dollar figures. I'm just trying to say that a properly funded team will always have a very positive advantage. This is, afterall, "professional" racing. The team with the most money will win.

I agree that properly funded teams will have advantages. But i refuse to believe that the team with the most money will win. Thats very arrogant to say but truth be told niether you or me knows what team will win. So quit acting like a snob talking about money this and that. Let the drivers figure it out on the track. The only thing Scion is good for is getting you a free ticket to Knotts Berry Farm.

Comment

The most Money doesn't make for wins?

Oh, I must have forgot how well the RED BULL, ROCKSTAR, MOPAR, PONTIAC, etc. teams have done as compared to the low funded teams in general...

Comment

Wow now i feel like a real clown shoe...

Comment

"mad skillz" = Millen.
                                Alright i take it back Tanner is Foxy and if any fox could do it he can. haha jk j/k. Seriously Tanner has a lot of driving experience in all different makes and models and I think he is still gonna be a great contender with the Scion.

Comment

Working...
                                X