• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daijiro Yoshihara 2009 DISCOUNT TIRE/FALKEN TIRE Driver

Discount Tire/Falken Announces Yoshihara as 09 Driver
    Posted by john

DISCOUNT TIRE/FALKEN TIRE ANNOUNCES DAIJIRO YOSHIHARA
    AS ITS NEW FORMULA DRIFT 2009 TEAM DRIVER

SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. – (November 06, 2008) – Discount Tire/America’s Tire, a long standing North American Drift supporter, is proud to announce its new 2009 team driver. Beginning at Round 1 of Formula Drift in Long Beach California, the unmistakable Discount Tire/Falken Tire Lexus IS350 will be piloted by none other than the internationally known and highly regarded
    Daijiro Yoshihara. Affectionately known as “Dai,” he has proven his ability to not only win, but to seamlessly adapt and perform at the top tier in a wide array of vehicle platforms. For five years running, Dai has consistently placed within the top 5 standings for the Formula Drift Professional Championship Series.

Yoshihara, born in Tokyo Japan, stormed the North American drifting scene early in 2003 driving a heavily modified Nissan 240SX, the tried and true drifting vehicle of choice at that time. Since then, Dai’s personal liking has broadened to embrace V8 muscle due to near unbeatable torque and raw
    horsepower capabilities. Looking to next season, Dai is thrilled to push the 500+ horsepower Lexus
    to its limits. Focused on capturing an overall championship, Dai said “I am excited to join Falken Tire and Discount Tire’s drift program for the 2009 season. I look forward to adding to the success that Falken Tire has had in North American drifting. Falken Tire was one of my original sponsors and I am happy that I am able to return to where it all started. Partnering up with a strong supporter in Discount Tire, I am positive that we will have a successful year.” “Securing Dai in 2009 is the natural progression of Discount Tire’s on-track drifting effort and supports our company’s goal of excellence in every activity we target,” stated Marcus Bolland, Discount Tire’s Drift Program Manager. “We were the first retailer to fully commit 100 percent to Formula Drift and have been the exclusive tire and wheel retailer of the series for four years.” Additionally, Discount Tire has spearheaded the Tires.com Triple Crown Championship and worked hand in hand with Enkei Wheels to develop and exclusively distribute the Enkei FD-05, the official wheel of Formula Drift.

“Discount Tire has had their finger on the pulse of drifting for years,” said Andrew Hoit, Falken’s Director of Marketing. “Falken and Discount Tire have worked intimately on this program for quite some time and are excited to seat a world class driver in a championship capable vehicle.”

Needless to say, 2009 will be nothing less than exciting in the Discount Tire and Falken Tire camp as the newest chapter of DTC Drift unfolds.
Working...
X