X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DAIJIRO YOSHIHARA -NEW V8 IS350 DRIFT Car

DAIJIRO YOSHIHARA -New IS350 DRIFT CAR

http://www.gtchannel.com/content.php?cid=56189

So he's not getting Hiro's old IS350? He's getting a new one built for him?

Comment

Guess I haven't really kept up with Dai. What happened with him and Rhys?

Comment

Can't wait to see a new IS drifted to its limits. Hiro is a talented driver but Dai in this car should be awesome, especially after his 2008 year spent in another large chassis V8.

Comment

what happen with dai and pacific rim???

Comment

Originally posted by 5150 Cruiser View Post
            So he's not getting Hiro's old IS350? He's getting a new one built for him?
            Unfortunately Hiro had a somewhat substantial accident in the IS350 at the end of last season. Rather than try to straighten the frame Falken decided to just buy a new chasiss and transfer all the important stuff over (engine, tranny, other major parts).

Originally posted by Sebring View Post
            Guess I haven't really kept up with Dai. What happened with him and Rhys?
            Dai's contract with Rhys was just for the 2008 season since Rhys' GM contract was going to end that year and Bridgestone was pulling out, a one season deal was probably the best that could have been negotiated at the time.

There are no hard feelings between them or anything like that.

Originally posted by PhoPower View Post
            what happen with dai and pacific rim???
            At the end of '07 Pac Rim's contract with Rockstar Energy Drink ended and Rockstar went to team AEM because Tanner won the Formula D title and a gold at the X-Games that year.

So without a major sponsor they didn't have the funding to run a team for the 2008 season.

But, again there are no hard feelings between Pac Rim and Dai. In fact the managers of the Pac Rim team represent Dai as his "agents". They helped negotiate his deal with RMR and with Falken.

There...I think that should catch everyone up.
            Last edited by MonkeySlide; 02-22-2009, 04:34 PM.

Comment

Thanks alot Monkey. Yeah after I made that post, I went to Dai's blog and it's pretty obvious that him and Rhys are still friends.

There's alot of anticipation for the start of each season. It's always a thrill to see teams bring out new platforms. I can't wait to see Sam drive the Challenger. I also can't wait for him to try and ride the wall this the rollerblades and watch them crumble under the impact. Then hopefully once he replaces the quarter panels, they'll leave the wheel's out.

Comment

Originally posted by Sebring View Post
                I also can't wait for him to try and ride the wall this the rollerblades and watch them crumble under the impact. Then hopefully once he replaces the quarter panels, they'll leave the wheel's out.
                Those wheels are a lot tougher than most people think. Wheels like that are designed to withstand constant hard impact.

Personally, I hope they work out. I know a lot of people think they're dumb or are against their use but I'm a fan of innovation.

If rollerblade wheels allow Sam to be more agressive and ride the wall without ripping apart the car that his team worked very hard to build then I'm all for it!

Although thats all a bit off topic

Comment

SPD is sweet! Look at the quality of builds that come out of that place! Always unique and always top notch.

Scott is the man!

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeySlide View Post
                    Those wheels are a lot tougher than most people think. Wheels like that are designed to withstand constant hard impact.

Personally, I hope they work out. I know a lot of people think they're dumb or are against their use but I'm a fan of innovation.

If rollerblade wheels allow Sam to be more agressive and ride the wall without ripping apart the car that his team worked very hard to build then I'm all for it!

Although thats all a bit off topic
                    People also laughed at Edd Bergenholzs when he showed up to the track with wheelee bars on a front drive car. People are always quick to dismiss, but when proven to work, will jump on the bandwagen like they were the ones to invent it.
                    I for one really hope the skate boardwheels work. If anything to shutup the nay-sayers.

Comment

http://www.gtchannel.com/content.php?cid=57801

Comment

http://www.gtchannel.com/user_blog.php?uid=38

Comment

oOoO a v8 o_O

this things gonna be sweet

Comment

Sweet, a four door! A couple of thing piqued my interest, is that GM LS engine? and Is that the radiator mounted where the back seat would go?

Comment

Originally posted by killer406 View Post
                              Sweet, a four door! A couple of thing piqued my interest, is that GM LS engine? and Is that the radiator mounted where the back seat would go?
                              Its a Hasslegren race motor...it might be based on a GM engine though..I'm not entirely sure.

Comment

Working...
                              X