ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GT SPEC & BH WORLD 180SX (Project Update)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GT SPEC & BH WORLD 180SX (Project Update)

So, some people may know... some people may not know.
    I have been building up a new car since I sold my S14.

I decided to get a s13 hatchback for the new drift car.
    I've always loved these cars and finally decided to build one. The one problem I was always thinking of was the HUGE open space that a hatchback has. GT Spec was there to help

I love the idea of having tons of bars in the car to stiffen it up, but I also know that there isn't a huge selection available here in USA. Strut Tower bars are pretty easy to find, but most of them are super flimsy. Then we have C-pillar bars, which are even MORE difficult to find. I had one in my old S14 from a company I wish not to name. This thing was tiny. Probably the size of a roll of dimes. It was worthless, so I took it out shortly after and sold it for dirt.

I started looking around for bars for the new car and stumbled upon GT Spec. They seemed to make a bunch of bars for the s13 (and 14 too) so I looked into it and got a few of the parts from them. I was BLOWN AWAY when I got the box. The C pillar bar was as big as my cage. The rear tower bar was super thick. The front tower bar was just amazing. They have a trunk floor brace that bolts into the 4 points that the rear bumper reinforcement attaches. They also have a bar that goes behind the diff and ties the toe links together.

I finally got to take my car to the track and there is no body flex in it now. It is SOLID. Feels more "together" than my S14 did.
    Anyways, if anybody has been thinking about getting some great chassis stiffening parts for their drift car, I highly recommend these.

on with the pictures!!!

anyways,
    have a good one.

No one gives a *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*.

Comment

SWEET Jeep!

Comment

Originally posted by Al View Post
        No one gives a *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*.
        OMG!!!! Pure awesomeness Al!!!! Maybe he should sell those bars and fund a new motor....Howz the sputtering and leakage going?
        Last edited by stedriftward; 02-24-2009, 08:35 PM.

Comment

hi, my name is Bob... I have a sweet chevy... can you get me some veilside seats!

Comment

I highly suggest these bars to any of your guys that like drifting.
            Last edited by Brian; 02-25-2009, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Look solid, whered you pick em up from? You keeping the blitz wheels on this thing? To me they just dont work as well as they did on the 14, I feel like the kouki kit is too classic for them.

Comment

I see various bars and suspension enhancing pieces, racing seats and some other stuff.

But I'm not seeing turrets, rocket launchers, or after burners...whats the deal??

Comment

Where are the roller blade wheels brah?

Comment

roller blade wheels - belong on roller blades, luggage, or Razor scooters. They do not belong on cars.

turrets, rocket launchers, after burners - belong on tanks, soldiers, F14s.

I got them from... GT Spec! cool! For now they Blitz wheels stay. I have a bunch of new wheels on order, but I'm not sure when they will get here. Blitz 03 is one of the best wheels in the world. period.

Comment

I did not say I didnt like them, just said they looked better on the 14. hope the new wheels are less lip, more concave

Comment

I was just stating a fact.... not attacking.

New wheels don't have concave stuff I think.

Not really sure.

Comment

not sure huh? haha just close your eyes and order wheels?. theyre advan model 5s arent they.....just get bright neon hot pink emotion cr kais, sit back and watch the internet explode

Comment

yeah they are.
                            I didnt look into them too much, just sent a bit of money.... done and done.

pink wheels... not for me. don't like the idea.

Comment

Thanks for the love Brian, I just wrapped up our 7th sessi0on of drift school in Shanghai. I get so much satisfaction seing someone fall in love with drifting for the right reasons and want to learn about what makes a car work and actually doesn't think that they know everything. All my students are pure and not jaded by the BS that seems to infect so many wannabe drifters.

BTW - I will me in Xi An next month for Toyo and have 5 other demos with them plus competitions in Shanghai, Malaysia,S. Korea, and a few other cities in China.
                              The 4 door is still going strong!

hope your S13 turns out exactly like you picture it man!

BH has good style... period.

Comment

Working...
                              X