moving to CA to follow my dreams.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• moving to CA to follow my dreams.

hey guys im new to the forum. im 20 years old and i live outside albany ny. i have an automotive degree and an autobody degree. i know my *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* pretty good. im not being cocky its just all i do is work on cars. theyre my life. anyways ive been going through some family *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* and just wanna get out of NY in general. ive always wanted to live in CA and i know thats were drifting is huge. im thinkin about trying to get a job in a tuning shop to make some money maybe do something on the side for money and then drift on weekends. i know this is kind of a weird post but im not sure where to look for opinions. i have a 400hp 6speed ls1 camaro ss with some suspension mods and i can drift that pretty well so i think if i got ahold of something set up better id excel at it. anyways what do u guys suggest? im not in it for fame or money. i just wanna get into it at least enough so it pays for itself and i can have a career somewhat related to it. idk plz gimme ur thoughts. thanks alot guys.

almost forgot...

im gonna be going out there for a week or 2 this summer to look around. what places do u guys think i should check out?

Comment

adams kart track in Riverside on a Thursday night

Willow Springs has drifting going on at one of the tracks almost every weekend

NOS (National Orange Show) in San Bernadino has something once or twice a month.

also, sign up for DriftDay.com to find out when they are doing events

Comment

now since im moving there and i can pretty much pick any part of the state where would be a good place to live thats fairly close to all these places?

Comment

Originally posted by Z28DRFTR View Post
          now since im moving there and i can pretty much pick any part of the state where would be a good place to live thats fairly close to all these places?

try east or south of downtown LA but find a place that is closer to the shops, not the events

Orange County might be a good choice

Comment

where is it least expensive to live out there thats still close to the drifting scene that u guys know of?

Comment

LA is really really really big, and there's lots of traffic. I used to live 5 miles from my job, and it would take me 45 minutes to get to work. Now I pay less for rent for a bigger place 35 miles away, and it only takes me 50 minutes to get to work.

What do you do for a job?

There's always riverside *chuckle*

Comment

Socal is big. I would come down, look for a place to work, then find a place to stay. Maybe rent a room for a few months.

If your planning on working at a shop, times are hard down here. You may find some work but its not going to pay too well. I would look for a dealership job since you have a degree.
                BattleVersion Mishimoto DDay Kaaz G-Dimension P2M BrianCrower CPpistons K&Wautobody Drifting.com RaysWheels SpeedOMotive Rotora AIT Racing AODA HouseOfKolor CompetitionClutch BullseyePower

Comment

slapshot-well since im still in school, (working on my bachelors in auto business management this fall finishing my body degree now), and because of my schedule i deliver pizza. lol. it actually pays pretty well and i dont have to do much. whats the deal with riverside?

alex-yea im thinkin towards socal, i really would like to work in a tuning shop because i really dont like fixing cars i like making them better lol. but i guess if times are hard i guess i might have to rethink a little. when i graduate ill have experience with dyno tuning. theres a dyno at my schools shop. im hoping that might help me find a job.

thanks for the advice guys

Comment

I live in riverside right off the 60/91/215s, Few doors down from UCR

I'm 3 minutes away from adams

15 minutes away from Nos

45 mins from irwindale

55 mins from streets of long beach

and 1:30 mins away from willow going the back way

Comment

Originally posted by Slapshotnerd View Post
                      LA is really really really big, and there's lots of traffic. I used to live 5 miles from my job, and it would take me 45 minutes to get to work. Now I pay less for rent for a bigger place 35 miles away, and it only takes me 50 minutes to get to work.

What do you do for a job?

There's always riverside *chuckle*

WE KNOW why you really moved but I'll behave and keep my mouth shut

Comment

Originally posted by blaze1 View Post
                        I live in riverside right off the 60/91/215s, Few doors down from UCR

I'm 3 minutes away from adams

15 minutes away from Nos

45 mins from irwindale

55 mins from streets of long beach

and 1:30 mins away from willow going the back way
                        that sounds like an ideal place to be.

Comment

I'd suggest anywhere in the 909 or the 951 area codes (Riverside Co.) You can rent a studio apartment for under a g and rent a room for less than $400.

Honestly, the automotive industry is struggling however, get a part time job at a shop to get your foot in the door.

Plus, the womenz factor out here doesn't hurt either.

Comment

Working...
                          X