ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(VIDEO) TANNER FOUST Drifting NEW SCION, COME SEE APRIL 10-11 @ FORMULA D LONG BEACH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (VIDEO) TANNER FOUST Drifting NEW SCION, COME SEE APRIL 10-11 @ FORMULA D LONG BEACH

Well I thought we werent going to post anything before long beach. Well just teasers, but here ya go.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WCZriojwebM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WCZriojwebM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/S2Buap70yOE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/S2Buap70yOE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

thanks Greg

Comment

Ok, so when is Toyota going to build this?

Comment

Are you stupid? Toyota already makes this car, you just need to import it from japan and remove the front axles.

Comment

Originally posted by GBC View Post
          Are you stupid? Toyota already makes this car, you just need to import it from japan and remove the front axles.
          I would still need to install the V8. BUILD IT TOYOTA!

BTW, is that a Tundra V8 or a NASCAR pushrod V8? Valve covers look like ones out of a Stock Car.

Comment

Ew.

I thought one of those things in fd was enough

Comment

Confirmed on Windtunnel, it's got pushrods and usually goes left.

Comment

Originally posted by Justin Banner View Post
                Ok, so when is Toyota going to build this?
                I'm with you. That thing sounds bad!
                Last edited by killer406; 04-05-2009, 06:53 PM. Reason: oops!

Comment

Here is another vid..

I actually had this vid way before steph posted but youtube was being a d-bag and wouldn't wanna let me upload.

So I got scooped by Steph! Oh well..its still cool that you posted some testing vids...it sounds awesome.

Anyway Bill Wood shot and cut this video for MotorworldHype. Its Steph bringing the car to UTI yesterday

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jAWtkVEwtOY&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&hl=en& feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jAWtkVEwtOY&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&hl=en& feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Comment

Originally posted by GBC View Post
                    uh, not quite. This one runs MkIV supra rear suspension and axles, and the engine is a nascar-edition V8. There's more details on this build in the '09 FD Fan Guide

it's very different from the Gushi car
                    Last edited by Slapshotnerd; 04-05-2009, 08:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Slapshotnerd View Post
                      uh, not quite. This one runs MkIV supra rear suspension and axles, and the engine is a nascar-edition V8. There's more details on this build in the '09 FD Fan Guide

it's very different from the Gushi car
                      Dude, you don't know anything about all the crazy sCions that Toyota of Japan sells to the general public. They have a v8 AWD one stock, it's the tundra v8, so the only change on this car is the sway to a chevy style v8.

Comment

Originally posted by killer406 View Post
                        I'm with you. That thing sounds bad!
                        Yeah, but changing plugs would be a pain in the arse. Looks like the car would have to be in the air to do something that simple, kind of like a Firebird/Camaro.

But, you know, looks like if the plenum was shorter that could be a done without needing to cut the cowl.

Comment

dang! when did driftlive become so hostile?

Comment

Originally posted by Hach1r0k1d03 View Post
                            dang! when did driftlive become so hostile?
                            My account was hacked by a troll. All good now.

I think the sCion is a great racecar with a lot of quality craftsmanship, and in the videos it sounds good and appears to work well.

I just don't think it is a sCion.

NASCARs are really Ford Fusions that have been modified right?

Modifying the hell out of a RWD car that comes with a v8 from the factory is one thing, but a transverse mounted 4 cylinder FWD converted to a traditional mounted v8?

If they had swapped in a transverse mounted v8 and actually modified the AWD drivetrain, I would be cool with this car, but as it stands, it is simply nowhere close to any version of this car that can be found anywhere in the world. Does anyone even know if they actually started with the AWD variant of the sCion?

I don't see how this is going to make the sport appeal to a larger audience, or even maintain the appeal for the audience it once had.
                            Last edited by GBC; 04-06-2009, 02:13 AM.

Comment

For the record, I'm ok with an insane builds. JR's Mustang, Sam's new Challenger, even the Hyndai that Rhys is driving.

It just does not sit well with me that Toyota, who does not offer a RWD performance car, can just buy their way in. I am sure the marketing guys see this as a way to hit a demographic, but if they really wanted to be involved with this part of youth motorsports, they should actually build a car that fits the bill.

Nissan does, Ford does, BMW does, Chrysler does, GM does, Hyundai does, etc.

Toyota DOES NOT.

Comment

Working...
                              X