ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(VIDEO) TANNER FOUST Drifting NEW SCION, COME SEE APRIL 10-11 @ FORMULA D LONG BEACH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think this car sounds sick and will be amazing to watch.

Yes its money no one can deny that, even if money didnt buy the rules that is still a damn expensive car that none of the smaller teams could have pulled off purely from a funding stand point.

Who cares? If Sam is running that Challenger, Rhys is running the genesis, and JR's mustang to name a few are running then no reason Tanner shouldnt have a shot at being competitive.

This is where the sport went and that isnt going to change so at this point may as well jump on board and enjoy the ride or jump off the boat I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by brainfood View Post

Who cares? If Sam is running that Challenger, Rhys is running the genesis, and JR's mustang to name a few are running then no reason Tanner shouldnt have a shot at being competitive.
      sam wont run the challenger. watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Hach1r0k1d03 View Post
        Because he wants to win another championship and the viper is amazing.

Comment

the power output is SO GOOD on it.

I love how he can accelerate MID drift.

*Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*ING SICK.

Comment

Originally posted by Hach1r0k1d03 View Post
            obviously you've been keeping your ears on the street...

Comment

i think theyre having trouble getting their steering wheel to pass tech...

Comment

That steering wheel is crazy; is this drifting or F1? What gets displayed on the wheel vs. the dash? I will stick with the Race Pak dash. Hands down the Challenger is the nicest built car in the scene and I would like to see it out and running. I don’t see any problems with the build up of these cars; we went through the same thing in drag racing a few years back. The only thing different was there were only 4 cylinder engines. So, good luck to all the guys with new cars; Tanner, Sam, Rhys, JR and my favorite Ryan Tuerck.

Comment

wait, is that a playstation controller built in underneath the steering wheel display? hehe.

I like the new cars. They make the series a little more interesting. of course, people are going to complain if they start winning.

Comment

"Innovation" within the rules has been around in motorsport since the birth of motorsport. And money talks in motorsport. There is nothing we can do about it. May be there is a point when budget should be limited but we are definitely not there yet in drifting...

I am old school and I personally would like to see cars in the series that are more stock with only bolt ons and a cage like the old days. However, we have other grassroots series for that. FD is the premier series of drifting in the world and for it to be respected as a professional motorsport, it's crucial to allow the series to innovate, evolve, and move forward to test new waters. I believe Jim and Ryan have the right vision and will definitely NOT allow the series to become like NASCAR where all the cars look identical.

The cars in FD are simply amazing nowadays. Props to the car builders. They deserve more credits.
                    Hubert Young
                    KORE 8 Films

Comment

Originally posted by Hubert Young View Post
                      "Innovation" within the rules has been around in motorsport since the birth of motorsport. And money talks in motorsport. There is nothing we can do about it. May be there is a point when budget should be limited but we are definitely not there yet in drifting...

I am old school and I personally would like to see cars in the series that are more stock with only bolt ons and a cage like the old days. However, we have other grassroots series for that. FD is the premier series of drifting in the world and for it to be respected as a professional motorsport, it's crucial to allow the series to innovate, evolve, and move forward to test new waters. I believe Jim and Ryan have the right vision and will definitely NOT allow the series to become like NASCAR where all the cars look identical.

The cars in FD are simply amazing nowadays. Props to the car builders. They deserve more credits.
                      i agree with everything said. wish the best of luck to tanner and his team

Comment

I wouldn't be suprised if this motor alone is worth more than 80% of the field's cars.

CNC block out of studied metallurgy material = BANK!

Anyways being premier doesn't mean it will keep the car's unique. Infact I think it will do the opposite. For the given example, nascar. Winning = being backed by top tier sponsors. In order to compete to win you have to mock certain set ups. In order to mock certain set ups you need the money. Slowly new comers will begin to drop as they can not match the seated teams

And what grass roots competitions are out there ? All of those grass roots competitions lead to one thing... Formula D qualifier. So you qualify... what comes of it next ?

ITs a viscious cycle that will eventually kill the appeal of the series.

With that said... Cheers to the drivers who represent the essence of this sport. ahem M. Pow pow powers

Comment

Working...
                        X