No announcement yet.

Racist judges?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree that the judges weren't biased. Both drivers did very well, considereing their individual circumstances.

Rhys was only running at 80%, in a car he'd only had for a day.

And Samuel, as much as I hate to say it, screwed up.

I'm confident both American drivers will continue to improve to the point where they hive the Japanese drivers some serious worries.

Comment

I hardly think Tsuchiya, Manabu, and Suzuki would intentionally eliminate the last american in that drift event just coz he's an american. remember, in their japanese D1 championships, its not just whether one guy kept his car ahead of his opposition, but its also the style, the smoothness of the drift technique that mattered.
      Last edited by Tommi Makkinen; 03-01-2004, 06:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by nissanguy_24
        Thats what i thought revlimit, i watched it with my own eyes, and im by far no expert, but the supra had put on a hell of a show all day, except that race he was simply out driven.

we should be proud he made it that far, and not sore loosers about it.
        Its not that were being sore losers. It's just that the Supra should have gotten a bit more credit then what he got. I mean the Japan riders do this 24/7. Not to mention that the Supra driver was drifing a heavy @ss H#ll Supra. Throwing that weight around should've gave him some mad props.

Comment

ur point

u act like his car was the only heavy car there! kens skyline is just as heavy if not more... that chaser is just as lite if not more also ... so all of u that are saying they are baiist or racist?! ur whack! mad props to the driver of the supra... but he spun and tapped the wall rite in front of me( i have supra juice all over me!juice aka paint)i think they made the rite call.... kukori held it perfect mad pros to signal!.. i hope to see the supra in japan asap!

Comment

One thing you gotta understand Nismo is that this is a competition on drifting skill. The judges dont think of how long you've been drifting or anything like that. They see how you drift and then they judge on the drift.

If you look on the pictures and videos page they have some pictures of hte competition where the supra got eliminated and well...the supra lost for a good reason. Bad line taking, slower drifts, and ofcourse spinning out in the first lap.

Comment

Yeah were deffenately giving the supra its props, Especialy considering a guy from jasper is on the forum, There considering going to japan, because they made it high enough to qualify. But theres a difference between saying "Man the Supra gave it his all good job. and maybe next time he will go farther" and saying "The judges are racist against him! he was simply the greatest there ever was, but 'the man' kept him down"

Comment

i was at the D1 also. i don't think there were any racist decisions, although i was really pulling for the Supra. he was pulling incredible runs in the first round. but when he was doing the tandem...well he was out driven. BUT, it was a very good match and it was very close! i think as Americans we should be proud that he did that well! but we shouldn't be quick to judge the Japanese or boo them!!! it's a privilege that they actually brought the D1 to America!!! i think Rhys definitely did a good job, but the real problem i had with the D1 was the battle for third place. it was clear to me that the skyline lost. was it because the other guy was sponspored by APC? clearly this is not a race issue...but a manufacturer issue hahaha! ok thats my two cents! oh yeah...sorry i didn't know the driver's names for the last race. i know the guy who was driving a skyline...it started with an n...hahaha. i'm not good with japanese names!

Comment

swedish dude screwed up. it wasnt racist. and for arguments sake if tables were turned and that had happened in japan they wouldve accept the fact that they lost. those judges were there for a reason. because theyre the experts. and those japanese drivers have been driving since they were 12(i know kindergarten thread). lets just all accept the fact that sam lost and be mature about it and move on. practice our butt offs this year and then well get our revenge next d1.

Comment

Ken Nomura aka Nomuken is the driver of the skyline. Bad *Censored**Censored**Censored* drifter

Comment

Originally posted by REVLIMIT
                      I think the biggest problem with american drift fans...or some people who consider them to be so. Is that they support their american drivers a little to much. I mean sure support them in what they are doing. But if they screw up then they screw up. I kept hearing about the last d1 about how ernie fixmer got screwed over and that he should have beat imamura. I watched some footage from my friend who had a good view of the whole track. And ernies line taking was total crap...sure he got it out nice, had alot of smoke, etc. But his line and speed consistancy was crap. While I support the US drifters...I saw the footage and accept that he ACTUALLY LOST not that they hated the american drivers.

While I didnt see this run between the supra and the drift xtreme drifter. I'm guessing he lost for a reason and that everyone is just to blinded by the fact that hes not one of the japan guys.
                      yeah but ernie sucks, and Immamura is god compared to him

Comment

u know...the whole racist thing is BS. Biast...maybe but maybe not...noone will ever know...but wasnt it still bad *Censored**Censored**Censored* anyways?! haha i was totally rooting for Rhys but it was all good. Man...nomuken won 3rd by popularty maybe but what you all are not considering is the fact that the judges know how to drift too and they also know how hard it is to drift a 4 door sedan! even tho this one in particualr is the ER34 but hte level of difficulty is one of the criteria that they are judged on. look at the guy driftin the chaser. anywho nuff said.

Comment

If Nobuteru wined as much as u guys do the D1 would be abolished. You know how many times he has to settle for second place ??????? Too many

Comment

blah

i wasn't at last weeks D1GP, but I did see the 2000 round 3.

This very flambiont driver who had a yellow FC3S at the time spun out and crashed into a wall and came inches away from hitting a Camera man. This Driver got a second chance and won round 3, and I think he eventually won the season.

D1GP is very biased and the winners are already planned before the drivers are even scored. I don't doubt that there wasn't any foul play ay all.

Comment

No one seems to remember what one of the judges (I think it was Keiichi Tsuchiya) said (through the english announcer) after all the booing of the Rhys/GTO parade laps: He would like nothing better than to see it come down to a Japanese driver against a US driver for the final round.

That doesn't sound racist, biased, or anything.

It was the people in the stands doing the booing and the people here making excuses that put a downer on this geate event.

Comment

hey im trying to defend the judges decision...im jus tryin to help every see the whole picture. but you guys all want to be right...and flame everyone else who might have a diffrent OPINION! and thats all it is...their opinion. so try to keep the criticism to a minimum? and im jus adding my 2 cents. By the way...i totally agree that was one of the best days in my life...definitely among the top 10!

Comment

Working...
                                X