Voice Out On This Years USD1GP!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chas
    DUH! Thats why everyone is pissed. They were told they qualifed at the exhibition this year, they had qualified in japan.
    Why would anyone be upset about the judges cutting drivers?

Isn't that how the D1 is run in Japan? 100+ drivers are eliminated to 32; 20 qualify for top 16 and 10 drivers are seeded competitors; and the 16 then go head to head?

I think this is where America is showing the D1 drivers their true colors. If the Japanese drivers lose in D1, they accept it. They learn, fix their mistakes, and move on. Here in America, it's excuses galore.

Kind of a bad impression that the Japan drivers will be leaving with.

Comment

what sucks for everyone is they qualified in sugo before leaving for the US. when they got here sunpros is like "you have to qualify again" which is scary. a few didnt make it right, and ended up spending 20-30 GRAND to get their entire outfit out to the US just to not make ANOTHER unnecessary qualify; and having to pack up and go right back home.

Comment

Originally posted by shimos
        Why would anyone be upset about the judges cutting drivers?
        No, the drivers were upset because they had qualified and then were told they had to do it agian.

Comment

TAAAARRRZAAAB MOON'D US!!! ahahaah lolz! i luv the top secret car that car looked sooo awesome.... GO KING TACO! lolz

Comment

Alright you guys, those of you who are talking about the little things that you didnt like, are really showing how much you dont know about the sport you claim to be so "hardcore" about. I have been into this thing fro some time. This years D1 was amazing, some of THE most aggressive driving that I personally have ever seen. Kazama deserved to win, in case you guys were crying about Rhys the whole night Kazama put on a clinic. An incredible spectacle of sheer driving ability. Now dont get confused Rhys is an awesome driver and he did well, but he got beat fair and square, it was obvious that he lost. so stop bitching. As far as the judges purposesly getting rid of the US drivers, WTF are you guys talking about? our boys are good, but tell me honestly who in america could have gone toe to toe with the Best 8 drivers? who? Those drivers were driving like I have neevr seen them drive before, and our boys just arent at that level just yet, we will be, but this past saturday we were not. And yes D1 in Japan does start out with like 50-60+ cars and the best are choosen, and the competition breaks down what drivers will advance, it really is like most other elimination process' in pretty much all other sports. Thought you guys would be able to understand that. In a whole that event kicked last years events' *Censored**Censored**Censored*, bad. It was bigger, it was faster, it was better. You guys really need to count your blessings, seriously Veilside brought a drift machine, TOP SECRET was here and in your face, HKS brought the Hiper Silvia RS-2 which won second place, but wait most of you dont know what the RS-2 is all about, Team orange brought the three cars that they are really known for (S15, S15, FD3S and BELIEVE ME APC HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH HOW DOPE THOSE THREE DRVIERS ARE), did you guys notice the Toyota Chaser that came to amercia, damn I forgot again, most of you guys dont know what that car looks like. Did you guys see the Benihana Viper ripping it up? Yea I bet you did, but did you know that Yamada-San also races one of those GTS-R's in Japan in the JGTC circuit. No? should have figured. You guys are funny, really funny, you should look at the whole picture before you speak. Or just get a little educated on what you claim to be into. Including last years event, nothing has happened like this D1 2004 on the Shores of america. If you weren't able to go, sorry about that and hope you get a copy of the video options when every it comes out. If you did go and you couldnt find the goodness you were immersed in, that's pathetic. You guys lived through something that alot of people can only dream of, but I guess that is not enough to motivate you "hardcore" drifters.

Comment

Originally posted by slide
              Alright you guys, those of you who are talking about the little things that you didnt like, are really showing how much you dont know about the sport you claim to be so "hardcore" about. I have been into this thing fro some time. This years D1 was amazing, some of THE most aggressive driving that I personally have ever seen. Kazama deserved to win, in case you guys were crying about Rhys the whole night Kazama put on a clinic. An incredible spectacle of sheer driving ability. Now dont get confused Rhys is an awesome driver and he did well, but he got beat fair and square, it was obvious that he lost. so stop bitching. As far as the judges purposesly getting rid of the US drivers, WTF are you guys talking about? our boys are good, but tell me honestly who in america could have gone toe to toe with the Best 8 drivers? who? Those drivers were driving like I have neevr seen them drive before, and our boys just arent at that level just yet, we will be, but this past saturday we were not. And yes D1 in Japan does start out with like 50-60+ cars and the best are choosen, and the competition breaks down what drivers will advance, it really is like most other elimination process' in pretty much all other sports. Thought you guys would be able to understand that. In a whole that event kicked last years events' *Censored**Censored**Censored*, bad. It was bigger, it was faster, it was better. You guys really need to count your blessings, seriously Veilside brought a drift machine, TOP SECRET was here and in your face, HKS brought the Hiper Silvia RS-2 which won second place, but wait most of you dont know what the RS-2 is all about, Team orange brought the three cars that they are really known for (S15, S15, FD3S and BELIEVE ME APC HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH HOW DOPE THOSE THREE DRVIERS ARE), did you guys notice the Toyota Chaser that came to amercia, damn I forgot again, most of you guys dont know what that car looks like. Did you guys see the Benihana Viper ripping it up? Yea I bet you did, but did you know that Yamada-San also races one of those GTS-R's in Japan in the JGTC circuit. No? should have figured. You guys are funny, really funny, you should look at the whole picture before you speak. Or just get a little educated on what you claim to be into. Including last years event, nothing has happened like this D1 2004 on the Shores of america. If you weren't able to go, sorry about that and hope you get a copy of the video options when every it comes out. If you did go and you couldnt find the goodness you were immersed in, that's pathetic. You guys lived through something that alot of people can only dream of, but I guess that is not enough to motivate you "hardcore" drifters.
              in other words : you got ur moneys worth... i was just there for the food lolz... ooh wait francine dee... jk he d1 show cars were sick... the first time i have ever seen a g35 with a vortech supercharger..omfg i was like wow... it was better then last year... im happy for alex because he got very far in the event

Comment

look i know all of that and more...so shut you yap and stop thinkin your so hard core...
                Have you been to a JGTC race?
                I have and i dont live in japan or stationed there
                Have you been to Le Mans?
                I have
                Do you klnow any of this years D1 drivers personaly?
                I do...
                And you are right....the US groupe was good...the Japanese are better.Im not bitchin bout that...but just dont get on your high hores again or I will have you as my *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*...

Originally posted by slide

Comment

look to anwser your questions, yes to all save LeMans, I have never been stationed in J-Land, I do know quite a few of the drivers that were there, it seems that my high horse is yours too, so dont get too excited. you are missing the point of my arguement but we agree on the facts of the matter, the event was solid. everyone who was there should know that. After doing this type of thing for slow long, it amazes me to hear the crazy things that people come up with when they have no knowledge as to what's really going on. And with your extensive knowledge you should understand that fully. Imagine building a car from the ground up and taking to a race, only to listen to fifty people say fifty different things about "why the car was built that way" when alot more than half are wrong. You know what I mean. I know that there are hardcore heads on these boards, if everything you said was true then you and I are examples of two of them. I usually just sit back and watch to see what people say, but I had to jump in on this topic, D1 represented well, and it seemed to be getting no love for it. To all the real heads in the house rock on, to the posers, be gone....

Comment

ahah u guys are *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* over guys,cars, and events.... makes me think u guys are *Censored**Censored**Censored*.....

Comment

hey guys, cut out the pissing contest. It just sounds stupid.

Comment

Yea really, it sounds like 2 teenage girls fighting over the cool boy at school. It's also getting a little out of hand and will get squelched if it get's any more.

You all have your opinions. So none of you are going to agree. Slide, sounds like you have done alot in your life, so have alot of other people. The point you are trying to make is valid, but slamming everyone you are trying to make the point to is the total wrong way to go about getting it across. If you make everyone mad, do you really think they will get your point? Doubt it.

So everyone make your points and then get over it. It was a competition, sure the best one in America but it's still just an Exhibitional competition. This is America's first REAL forray into D1. There were drivers last year but nothing like what was put into this years event. It's also only the second year it has been to America. So we just haven't gotten around the learning curve. It will come with time. Everything does.

Comment

cool, Im not into pissing contests, and for the record no hard feelings toward the driftfreak, he is cool in my book, I was just trying to get a point across D1 ROCKed again. If I stepped on anyones toes, apologies. Laterz
                          Last edited by slide; 03-01-2004, 10:25 AM.

Comment

I thought the driver's were great, they put on a hell of show. Kazama definately deserved the win. Although I was expecting to see more drivers. Also I think it ended too early, people were starting to kick everyone out at like 7:30. That's what pissed me off because I was still trying to get signatures, Ken Maeda's as a matter of fact.

Comment

i got there at 12:30 missed the first round but that doesnt matter. what i saw was a spectacular display of driving skill. i am glad i didnt just go back to sleep that day. i wish they would have more in the US but after hearing what everyone is bitching about i would understand why they dont have more competitions here.

Comment

Guess I can't post my impressions of the race, cuz my f-ing D1 tickets are STILL IN THE MAIL!!!

I feel like shooting someone.

Comment

Working...
                                X