RMR Hyundai Genesis Coupe starts season with Nissan VQ35

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RMR Hyundai Genesis Coupe starts season with Nissan VQ35

Apparently, that WAS a VQ35 in Millen's Genesis and I'll be the first to admit I was wrong.

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/04/15/r...ith-nissan-po/

Does anyone have pics of his motor at the event? Or did he have the hood closed the whole time?

I was surprised to read that he didn't inform Hyundai of the Nissan motor. He can blame the Nissan motor for not cracking the TOP 16. It would actually be a good marketing tool if he can win with the Hyundai motor.

Here's the million dollar slogan - "Hyundai does what a Nissan couldn't." lol

Comment

Hate too say I TOLD YOU SO

I will say it like this, hyundai knew the motor was not going to be the stock motor or a hyundai motor of any type. But they did not know it was a nissan motor.

If my information is correct, they were suspecting it too be some sort mitsu 4 cylinder similar to what is coming in the 4 cylinder package.

Comment

maybe everything posted on the internet COULD be true

the amount of information available on this message board is far more extensive than you might think...

Comment

I have seen video clips of the car drifting...No wonder it sounded so DAMN NICE!

Comment

haha nissan power!

Comment

Why the *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* would it have a Nissan engine?

Comment

Originally posted by Brian View Post
                Why the *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* would it have a Nissan engine?
                According to the Autoblog article, it was what was on hand.

Comment

So this huge Hyundai deal appears, but they can't provide an engine for the car?

...or what?

I don't feel like reading the article.

Comment

They knew that the engine had a lot of R-n-D ahead of them, and didn't want to rush it and risk missing LB again like last year. So they put a proven motor inside the car so they didn't have to worry.

Comment

What I want to know is.. what engine was in the car when the first drifting shots were taken.

The car sounded way different at Long Beach than it did in the videos.

Comment

http://blogs.edmunds.com/straightlin...an-engine.html

Comment

I don't know what that engine is in the photo, but if it's a Nissan engine, that is the dumbest *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*ing thing ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Sebring View Post
                            What I want to know is.. what engine was in the car when the first drifting shots were taken.

The car sounded way different at Long Beach than it did in the videos.
                            my guess it was all motor then with just a open exhaust.... i know the sound of a VQ with bolt on and that's exactly what it sounded like in the first videos..... i could be wrong.

That photo above....wow, they are going to extreme lengths too hide the motors identity....

I don't know why they just didn't call it a cosworth V6 because they do make race motors out of the VQ

Comment

I don't like these bastardized cars that are popping up.

Comment

Working...
                              X