Clear All

• Formula Drift Team Mopar delays launch of 2009 Challenger

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/04/14/f...09-challenger/

boring....

Comment

Originally posted by blaze1 View Post
      boring....
      Don't hate.

I have to say, I was really disapointed to hear this. I was really looking forward to seeing the Challenger. Its kind of sad though.
      I understand that mopar is having finacal difficulties right now, but that car was preety much done when it debuted at Sema last year. Rhyes was able to get the genisis ready, Steph was able to get Tanner's TC up and running, and Ford/falken got JR's Mustang up and running. And they need another race??

Lame.

Comment

I agree... don't hate. Millen's car started under Nissan power. Tanner is got Toyota behind him (Toyota has not been eating sh1et financially as bad as Mopar) and JR's new car has a new body... underneath it is the same basic chassis so it is not like they had to start from scratch. Plus the big Mohawk had some really scary health issues... and I am excited to see the car when it does make it to the track.

Comment

Originally posted by akuma S14 View Post
          I agree... don't hate. Millen's car started under Nissan power. Tanner is got Toyota behind him (Toyota has not been eating sh1et financially as bad as Mopar) and JR's new car has a new body... underneath it is the same basic chassis so it is not like they had to start from scratch. Plus the big Mohawk had some really scary health issues... and I am excited to see the car when it does make it to the track.
          You make some good points. I didn't realize that Sean Carlson was having heath issues. My bad. But like i said, the car was preety much finished at sema. My guess is that with Chyslers finacal woes, and Sean's health that they weren't able to do propper testing during the off season. I guess i can't fault them for not wanting to debut a car that isn't ready when they don't have to, but it would have been nice to see the progress of the car on the track. I too will be very happy to finaly see it when it does come out.

Comment

yeah If I was in Sam's shoes I would be hoping that car never gets done for the 09 season, from a purely competition standpoint.

He is so good with the viper, knows those cars inside and out and doesnt have to readjust to a new chassis and different power plant plus adjust to the sheer size of the challenger. I mean Sam wants to win another championship and I dont see him doing that if he has to use the rest of the year as testing this car for next year.

Comment

Originally posted by 5150 Cruiser View Post
              Don't hate.

I feel the same, so why dont hate?

Comment

Originally posted by blaze1 View Post
                I feel the same, so why dont hate?
                Cause there's no need for it. If you don't like a paticular driver, or the car he's running then fine. But when info is posted about said driver(s) coments like "boring" are pointless.

Comment

Wow, that's a big car! Any advantage in using a larger car?

Whatever happened to the Charger that was shown a couple of years ago?

Comment

Working...
                  X