• Show
Clear All

• (2009 TV DEAL) FORMULA DRIFT Schedule with VERSUS

Check it out they're gonna be on VERSUS in Hi-Def

Press Release:

For Immediate Release

May 1, 2009

Formula DRIFT Announces Comprehensive TV Deal with VERSUS

LONG BEACH, Calif. – May 1, 2009 – Formula DRIFT announces a comprehensive race programming schedule with VERSUS in which Drifting, the fastest-growing motorsport, will slide into more than 75 million U.S. homes. The seven-stop Formula DRIFT Championship Series programs will air over fourteen Sundays during the 2 PM (EST) / 11 AM (PST) time slot beginning Sunday, August 30.

Each episode will showcase all the on- and off-track action as the world's top drift drivers battle for the coveted title of Formula DRIFT Champion. The first episode, airing on August 30, will feature a comprehensive overview of the sport and drivers. Viewers will then experience Round 1 “The Streets of Long Beach” and all of the events leading up to the final episode showcasing the Formula DRIFT Championship Finale from Irwindale, California on November 29. Each episode will re-air the week following the initial airing.

The Formula DRIFT Pro Championship Series will be shot in HiDef and will focus on all the head-to-head action, technology, equipment and the personalities and behind-the-scenes drama. Check your local listings or visit the Formula DRIFT website at www.formuladrift.com for more information.

“We are very pleased to showcase the Series and the sport on VERSUS, the fastest growing sports cable network in the country,” says Ryan Sage, VP of Marketing and Co-Founder of Formula DRIFT. “On VERSUS, we are able to showcase our teams and drivers on a weekly basis, at a consistent time slot; all on a network in more than 75 million homes.”

Formula DRIFT is also viewed worldwide through international syndication to an additional 200 million homes. All this combined with several new broadband and internet media strategies; Formula DRIFT continues to be the most watched drifting property in the world.

I think this will be very good.

The best thing about this is that the episodes start in August, instead of November. 3/4 of the season will be over, but at least it's not 100% of the season. Plus it gets more hype for the existing rounds.

Versus and Speed have about the same market penetration, so I think it's a lateral move for FD. At least Versus has been growing very fast with all their MMA coverage and NHL coverage.

Comment

wow, you guys picked that up fast. I think they literally released that 2 mins ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Formula D View Post
        wow, you guys picked that up fast. I think they literally released that 2 mins ago.
        I was already on my laptop when John sent me the PR...I actually posted it here before I even posted it on MotorworldHype!

I just wanted to see if I could beat that "INFO" guy to it...yea I know I'm lame...don't judge me =P

Comment

Will it still be on Speed? If not, that SUCKS for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Justin Banner View Post
            Will it still be on Speed? If not, that SUCKS for me.
            How many TV shows do you know of that are on 2 channels at the same time?

Versus will be replacing speed. Versus used to be OLN. Chances are, if you get speed, you get Versus too.

Comment

Originally posted by Slapshotnerd View Post
              How many TV shows do you know of that are on 2 channels at the same time?

Versus will be replacing speed. Versus used to be OLN. Chances are, if you get speed, you get Versus too.
              Not where I live

Comment

Originally posted by Ycagel View Post
                Not where I live
                Neither do I. I have Comcast that used to be Adelphia and got Speed just before the switch a few years ago.

Comment

it would be great if they posted full episodes online like NBC and VH1

Comment

When will they air?

Comment

Originally posted by my 1 88 u View Post
                      When will they air?
                      The seven-stop Formula DRIFT Championship Series programs will air over fourteen Sundays during the 2 PM (EST) / 11 AM (PST) time slot beginning Sunday, August 30.

Each episode will showcase all the on- and off-track action as the world's top drift drivers battle for the coveted title of Formula DRIFT Champion. The first episode, airing on August 30, will feature a comprehensive overview of the sport and drivers. Viewers will then experience Round 1 “The Streets of Long Beach” and all of the events leading up to the final episode showcasing the Formula DRIFT Championship Finale from Irwindale, California on November 29. Each episode will re-air the week following the initial airing.
                      any other questions?

Comment

Comcast carries Versus.

Comment

Thanks for all the quick replies and responses. Let's let this weekend pass first. We will have more updates coming up, especially for those of you that do not have Versus or that do but miss the shows. These are some tough economic times for everyone but rest assured that the FD & IMG team busting our a**es to deliver the best possible on-site and on-air shows.

BTW... Versus has pretty IndyCar coverage too.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetcarz02 View Post
                            Comcast carries Versus.
                            Not all do. I think if you were here in the East and had Adelphia and Comcast after the buyout, you probably won't have it if you have the Full Standard Service plan.

Comment

As long as I don't have to hear It's Formula Drift not Formula Drive Straight" I'll watch it. Someone needs to cut that dude.

Comment

Working...
                              X