(PROMOTERS READ ME) SO CAL DRIFT Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (PROMOTERS READ ME) SO CAL DRIFT Series

If I had time, I would be down for doing this.

It seems like for the most part the local organizations like to stick to a specific venue and hold their own drift series. The problem is, people can learn one track REALLY well and makes winning competitions at that track hard for people that aren't running there non stop.

What is needed is a SO CAL DRIFT SERIES

This could be done really easy. The events are ran in conjunction with the people that are use to running that the various venues and costs/profits are split. Meaning, "Just Drift and So Cal Drift Series Present Round 2 at Balcony" etc. Have 3 judges like normal with prize money and trophies. I'm certain you could get a lot of sponsors on board to help grow the benefits, after all, its the amateurs that buy the most parts. Everything could be ran in 1 long day. This would put a drift series that has a maximum drive time from end to end of 200-300 miles. No professional drivers (other than demos) and have a few qualifiers at the local tracks.

Schedule could go like this:

Round 1 - Balcony
    Round 2 - Adams Kart Track
    Round 3 - NOS Center
    Round 4 - Perris Fairgrounds
    Round 5 - Horsethief
    Round 6 - Adams 2nd track
    Round 7 - El Toro, streets of willow?
    Round 8 - Irwindale finals? Short track setup for slower speed

Concluding the 8 round series there would be an optional 3 race team drift for bragging rights. This would put a series of drifting in so cal virtually all year long. Random qualifiers can be held at various locations throughout the year for people that feel like they have graduated in skill level.

Have one event a month for an 8 month points race with the finals somewhere good, maybe even irwindale setup on a slower course (front stretch thru infield).

If anyone actually does this, I would like to be involved, I have a bunch of good ideas to grow on.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by markshatchi86; 05-07-2009, 07:40 PM.

I've thought about this, and how much it would rock. I thought a team drift series would be best though, could be both although that's a lot like msc. It would rock if you could run a session for regular competition then a team drift competition with a few teams later one or early on in the day.

Doesn't seem that much different than a lot of the grassroots events happening in terms of price, it just needs to be organized and spread to a few tracks instead of just staying at one. I think the track locations could travel a bit more, do something like thunderhill in norcal, or even go out to vegas for an event too.

I definitely love this idea and have thought about it for a long time and would love to see it happen. It's not at all unrealistic either someone just needs to put it together.

Comment

Team Drift I think is to risky for a amateur series, but its def. a possibility for some after season events, like a best of 3, then you could run events almost year long.

Comment

info added.

Comment

Team drift works best when there are actual teams.

Comment

Right, that's why they would be ran at the end of the year. Long enough to put together teams from series participants.

Comment

I think the team drift thing could work, at least at something like every other event, or 3 of the events throughout the season. Most grassroots guys out there have full cages and everything these days anyway and there are plenty of people that seem like tehy would be willing, the series just needs to happen.

Comment

I think you could do team drifts mixed in the race schedule AFTER the 1st year is established. You would need that first 8 races to get the guys together.

Comment

I think there are enough "drift teams" to put together a good team action.

MSC but in socal would be cool as hell

Comment

Working...
                  X