No announcement yet.

(RESULTS) FORMULA D ROAD ATLANTA - Braselton, GA 2009 Results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maeng is the only driver consistently throwing is backwards into turn one without spinning J style. Props to him. I hope his car survives for 3 rd place battle.

Comment

Chris Forsberg wins
      Darren McNamara
      Ryan Tuerk
      Last edited by my 1 88 u; 05-09-2009, 06:53 PM.

Comment

WOOOOOOOO!!!!!

DA RUNNING THE EAST COAST!!!

Joon, nicest drifter in the world getting 4th!!!!

Comment

Reading the highlights just made my day. I can't wait to see video of today's competition. FD in NJ cannot come soon enough!!!

Comment

Originally posted by understar View Post
            Reading the highlights just made my day. I can't wait to see video of today's competition. FD in NJ cannot come soon enough!!!
            some clips will hit the next soon
            BTW you should enter the FD NJ ticket contest

Comment

so what was the deal with Pat?

I'd like to know.

I mean, there is a s13 that runs GOOD YEARS still, right?

There is also a NASCAR engine RWD Scion.

...as well as a ton of other things that clearly ignore the rules.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian View Post
                so what was the deal with Pat?

I'd like to know.

...as well as a ton of other things that clearly ignore the rules.
                All the things people in the audience where discussing after the chants of BULLSH1T!! were concluded.

Comment

From Wrecked

I honestly hope that maxxis didnt have anything to do with this.

But on the other end, this rule is a big hunk of crap. Way too many tire sponsors and way too many diferent tires to have this rule. And of all people they hit, they hit a privateer who buys his own tires.

Great quote

"The only way to achieve true parity is to have a spec tire with mandated widths based on weight but that will never happen because FD needs all the tire manufacturers support."

Comment

http://www.wreckedmagazine.com/blog/...and-explained/
                    Umai Kakudo
                    So the new rule this year reads: 9.3.4 Tires must meet a minimum durometer reading of 49, hot or cold, at all times during an EVENT, measured using an ISO868 or ASTM D2240 compliant Type A durometer.

The goal of this rule is good but the end result is an escalation in cost due to increased needs for testing and tire management at the event. If you are big team and factory backed by a tire manufacturer you can go out and test tires and make sure they will not fall below 49 when fully heated up.

Since FD only allows certain pre-approved models of tires the competitors have little choice. They will have to experiment with tire width and rotate tires out before they get too hot and soft at long and high temp tracks like Atlanta.

This extra burden of testing and personnel will hit the privateers hard.

The only way to achieve true parity is to have a spec tire with mandated widths based on weight but that will never happen because FD needs all the tire manufacturers support.

Comment

No there is not a car that run's Good Years. He ran Good year stickers but had approved tires. Grey area because it's signage on car.

[/QUOTE]

Motor mods are open and firewall was not cut. Not Illegal.

Comment

Originally posted by understar View Post
                        I would have posted more detailed but my iphone battery was running low. I hope someone in Jersey keeps us updated here.

Comment

Originally posted by Formula D View Post
                          No there is not a car that run's Good Years. He ran Good year stickers but had approved tires. Grey area because it's signage on car.
                          Motor mods are open and firewall was not cut. Not Illegal.[/QUOTE]

wait, so whats the real deal with the OEM side mirror rule? i mean aren't there several cars that don't follow this? how come they still pass tech?

*yeah i posted this on the other thread before i saw this response and decided to post it here instead

Comment

Working...
                          X