(FEEDBACK) FORMULA D ATLANTA May 8-9th 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cpw28 View Post
    This is coming from the guy who blows his lid everytime things don't go his way. If anyone has a behavior problem, it's you, Mr. Kim.

Formula D Round 1 LB - Spotter's tower

"So what's it gonna be Steph? A drag race or more brake checking?!!" (as if Mr. Papadakis is actually telling Tanner to do either) followed by more smack talking and a charge over to Mr. Papadakis as if you're ready to throw down.

Remember that? Yet YOU are dissappointed in what's going on here? Whaaa? It may not be in public where everyone can see but you really need to check your own behavior before you go spouting off on here as if you're someone with more than just an opinion and your all important attention is "required."
    Like the gangsta philosopher, Mr. Ice Cube says - "You betta check yo self, before you wreck yo self!"

In defense of "courantcom," we all know he is always very adamant and passionate about his causes. It's his approach in dealing with these causes that comes into question most of the time.

If anything though, he has brought into light a possible flaw with the "durometer" testing. It's like D1's Drift Box, in that there are just too many variables that aren't factored in for the "durometer" reading to be deemed 100% accurate.

Who is responding for FD?
    Originally posted by Formula D View Post
    Now many people are going to say that other drivers tested below the level set by the chief steward so they should have been dq'd as well. We that would be true except the fact that both of those situations those tires that came in under the level both lost their run so it was moot.
    Answers like that only fuel the fire. In no way does that comment address the issue. "They lost anyways, so it doesn't matter." People are looking for answers and possible solutions to the issue at hand.

I have always been a staunch supporter of FD since their inception. Believe it or not, FD and drifting as a motorsport is still relatively new with many wrinkles that need to be ironed out. Their rule book has many gray areas, that need incidents like this to expose those gray areas. I'm sure FD will make adjustments as they see fit in the best interest of drifting as a motorsport.

Comment

there is a lot of unrest in drifting.

Comment

I love all the insider information that comes out, especially the one about Kim and Papadakis in the tower at Long Beach. It reminds me of "Fast and the Furious" with Toretto (Papadakis, a skinny and less-tanned version) and Johnny Tran (Eddie Kim) going at it at RACE WARS. lol
        Last edited by OldSkool510; 05-13-2009, 10:18 AM.

Comment

I wonder how much more "insider information" gets out before an acknowledgment of a flawed testing procedure. As always, there is much more to the story than is being made public.

An acknowledgment of a flawed procedure is then admitting that a DQ was wrong. Then how do FD handle that?

Losing is one thing, getting disqualified because people don't know how to write and verify rules is another.

Comment

Originally posted by tyndago View Post
            I wonder how much more "insider information" gets out before an acknowledgment of a flawed testing procedure. As always, there is much more to the story than is being made public.

An acknowledgment of a flawed procedure is then admitting that a DQ was wrong. Then how do FD handle that?

Losing is one thing, getting disqualified because people don't know how to write and verify rules is another.
            Admitting such a wrong would entail a couple press releases, a rule change, a comp'ed entry into the next event for Pat Mordaunt.

Comment

First off, let me say that I am in no way a cheater, nor have I ever thought of gaining an unfair advantage over another team. I'm a privateer in this sport, running a near street car S14 with the most basic of modifications, all of which are off the shelf parts.

Why would I need to modify a tire that a past team with 500+ hp had no grip problems with and won a championship on. I'm 100 hp under that team, and nowhere near the torque their car produced. This illustrates more than enough reason to show why I wouldn't need to put additives onto the tire, unless I wanted to put my car back into the underpowered category.

I do not like the situation at hand, and I'm sure nobody like how this has all played out.

But Eddie, please do not start pointing fingers at me, and stating that I have acted unprofessionally or have done any wrongdoings. I personally have kept quiet on a public scale about this matter, sounding off in the spotters stand and voicing my opinion in the proper place is what I did during the event. I do not control Victor, nor will I ever force him to act in a different manner. I have been asked by other parties to quiet him down, and have relayed the message, but it does not mean I have final say in his actions.

I have also seen data from your team (Peak Performance), as well as other teams, and do not want to drag anyone else into this. But if forced I will be loud and extremely public with my information. As i've said though, NOBODY needs this, which is why I'm allowing it to only affect my team (PM Racing).

I have submitted my paperwork with Formula Drift and am keeping quiet in regards to our working through this problem until it is resolved.

Thank you for everyone's support through this difficult situation.
              I will not chime in again until it has been resolved.

Comment

Originally posted by PatAttack View Post
                I do not control Victor, nor will I ever force him to act in a different manner. I have been asked by other parties to quiet him down, and have relayed the message, but it does not mean I have final say in his actions.
                Who's asking you to? I'm sure they know my phone number and they can call me themselves.

Comment

Tiregate? You want a scandal do you? How about the info floating on the web that Patrick Mordaunt was DQ'd after beating a DA driver because there were protests filed against him. Apparently round 1 saw virtually all makes of tires having trouble with this new rule. Of course this information was never made public or communicated to the teams however, someone must have known to start protesting at round 2. A DA team perhaps? How would they know to protest? Could they have heard from a DA judge? Soundy sketchy
                  So what if Ken was still a judge? Would you still be saying the same things?

I guess now that there is a DA judge up in the tower, everything is always "DA's fault"

There's always a conspiracy theory, isn't there...

Comment

Originally posted by J.Herron View Post
                    I guess now that there is a DA judge up in the tower, everything is always "DA's fault"

There's always a conspiracy theory, isn't there...
                    Now a "DAgate", too. lol
                    Last edited by OldSkool510; 05-13-2009, 11:45 AM.

Comment

drifting.com just got awesome !

All these little tid bits!

more than one tire company read below scale ?!?!?

Will there be an official press release regarding such allegations via Formula D ?

not really trying to excite rumors etc. But this stuff just got interesting.

Also, say this does issue does get corrected. Where will Pat stand in points because if he did not get DQ'd he had a chance to even rank higher?

Comment

Formula D Round 1 LB - Spotter's tower

"So what's it gonna be Steph? A drag race or more brake checking?!!" (as if Mr. Papadakis is actually telling Tanner to do either) followed by more smack talking and a charge over to Mr. Papadakis as if you're ready to throw down.

Yea I confronted Steph, and Steph and I have been friends and in the industry for about 15 years. I met Steph when he was 15 years old with Lucky Racing. He understands that we are competing on a high level, so I feel I can confront him about the tactics his driver may be using. I never accused Steph of coaching Tanner to do that or even accused Tanner of brake checking, I just asked how they were going to run that run!

Tanner and Steph are on the same tire as us and we provide tire service for their team. If there was beef or problems with them I would tell them to pound sand. So don't make a story out of nothing, you are creating drama when there wasn't any. I wasn't going to throw down with Steph, so don't create a huge story on here.

The whole point of of my post was let the people directly involved with FD that we will probably argue and have differences of opinion. We are a big family and families have problems but we are going to try to resolve them together behind closed doors. I know that my family has arguments and disagreements, but if my siblings started writing all our problems on a public forum, that might not be the best solution. If I had a problem with Steph or Tanner, we obviously have no issues and resolved whatever we needed too without airing it out on drifting.com We are cool and our teams are cool, just ask Steph!

Now I think I would be in the wrong to start talking trash about Papadakis racing or Tanner on this forum. Then later go to them and try to make peace. How hard would the situation be if i did that, accused them of wrong doing, smeared their name, and then said, let's make it cool or try to resolve the issue. Obviously it could be done, but it would probably leave a bad taste in their mouth.

CPW28, I don't even know if you were there. So let's report the news, not make the news. Do you really think I am going to throw down with Steph? Cmon man, I have been in this industry for 18+ years, I am not going to ruin my reputation with my sponsors over that. "More smack talking..." - what did I say that you consider smack talking?

Pat, my bad, I am happy you are taking care of this in a professional way. I respect you for that. I am sure that you and FD will resolve this in a way that will continue you on a positive path. Regardless of the call being bad or good, or if it was a mistake or not, you have taken the high road and I am sure that you will be rewarded in the end.

Eddie K

Comment

^^^^
                          I don't see ANY problem with this whole thing to be posted in the public. Without the public, FD would be nothing.

Comment

Think of it this way...If you towed my fancy expensive car and one of your procedures to get it on or off the flatbed scratched it.

We spoke about the scratch quickly, but it was an issue that needed further discussion and negotiation between us. In the meantime, my friends (who heard about the issue from me), took to the internet and spoke of you and your company in a bad way concerning the scratch on a "Tow Truck Feedback Forum."

This is happening while you and I are trying to settle things in private.

How would you feel about that situation?

Would you prefer we settle the issue on our own, without anyone else being involved or do you prefer the "openness and full disclosure" of a forum, where lies, conspiracies and false accusations are very hard to discern from the truth and bad reputations can be established very quickly?

You may have a valid point in your arguments, but show them to FormulaD and give them the opportunity to look over everything first. Maybe then they can make the appropriate changes to the rules, figure things out with Pat, and put out a press release or rule change. If after trying the quiet, professional way of approaching this situation they don't acknowledge the problem, THEN take to the interwebs to voice your concern and disgust.

The way you are doing this is very unprofessional and unfair to Formula D. You haven't given them a chance to fix the problem and are insinuating that they have flat out refused to do anything about it.

Comment

Insurance...

Originally posted by DriftChick View Post
                              blah blah blah yadda yadda yadda

Comment

Originally posted by Brian View Post
                                ^^^^
                                I don't see ANY problem with this whole thing to be posted in the public. Without the public, FD would be nothing.

+1 besides they did ask for feedback.... just look at the thread title

Comment

Working...
                                X