D1GP USA Suggestion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D1GP USA Suggestion Thread

hey guys, ive just read the last few posts on the "does forrest wank" thread and i was thinking that we should move some things over here.

I know there was a D1 feedback thread but that got pretty nasty so I think in this thread we should just post our suggestions for D1 USA. Let's try to keep things positive and just explain what we want to see from D1GP USA as a second series in the US.

Everywhere we go we see suggestion boxes and surveys from whatever company and it's always the companies that read that stuff and supply the demand rather than trying to create a demand that succeed.

So with all this. Let's post what we want from D1GP USA.

Less smoke and mirrors.

Maybe top 8 US guys have their own tree, and top 4 JDM guys have their own tree, then the winners face off for some prizes.

you can't run a US series with J guys dominating. You have to develop US talent that will stay faithful to D1 and that you can promote as personalities. Wang / Denofa are great examples.

No more drift box. It didn't work in NOPI, it isn't working in D1, nobody likes it. It was a good attempt, but it sucks.

No more "celebrity" judges. Get people who know the sport.

Don't add more events this year. Focus on 2010.... lock down 4 or 5 dates ASAP

Comment

Originally posted by Slapshotnerd View Post
      No more drift box.

No more "celebrity" judges.
      What ^he^ said

Comment

I say keep the Drift Box, but only count for 45% of the score until the technology is better.

Create a West and East series and have a 16 event schedule staring in March lasting to October. 7 events on each coast to get a champion for each with a 2 event showdown of the top 16 of each coast to have an overall champ. AMA like, yes, but could help with budgets of US drivers.

A good mix of Stadium, Road Course, and Street events, maybe tagging with IRL, Grand AM, NASCAR, IMSA, and maybe even the NHRA.

D1GP Japan drivers competing only if they can afford it, no more D1GP USA help with transport. Gives off a bad vibe among fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Cavi Mike View Post
          What ^he^ said
          I heard Paula Abdul may be in the market for a job soon..

...just sayin'

oh and no more basterdized car shows with Honda civics trying to look like beemers or $5 cans of soda and stick to what the flyer promises as far as course layout and all access pit entries, if it ain't gonna happen don't say it.. Yea Anaheim was pretty wack except for Wang killing the entry speeds and angle..Big up to that guy..I would really like to see him and M.Powers go heads up sometime..Both are good in my book for being locals on a budget...

Maybe enforce the use of "whistle tips" like Bubb Rubb and Lil Sis do..(google it).. woooot WOOOOT!
          Last edited by I_SMELL_SMOKE; 07-11-2009, 03:03 PM. Reason: my fingers are slow.."It's 6 in the moaning, u should be up cooking breakfast or sumthing."

Comment

Originally posted by I_SMELL_SMOKE View Post
            Maybe enforce the use of "whistle tips" like Bubb Rubb and Lil Sis do..(google it).. woooot WOOOOT!
            Thats only in da mornin. You supposed to be up cookin breakfast for somebody so ya know...that like an alarm clock.. Wooo WOOOOO!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by I_SMELL_SMOKE View Post

More like youtube it... it is fricken hilarious !!!!

they ain't trippin' off the flows !

Comment

what do you guys think about stuff like this?

(forward to 2:15 for the actual show)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NTBy4EtoFjI&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NTBy4EtoFjI&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Comment

Originally posted by Hach1r0k1d03 View Post
                  what do you guys think about stuff like this?

Gimmicky and lame.

Comment

Originally posted by gigglesnirt View Post
                    Gimmicky and lame.
                    Ouch!...haha. good to know.

Comment

Nice choreography its it true that kumakubo designed the whole girls choreography hahahaha
                      Last edited by drift2thextreme; 07-14-2009, 12:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gigglesnirt View Post
                        Gimmicky and lame.
                        +1 that was stupid

Comment

Just my personal opinion, but I think D1 needs to stick to the basics right now. I would like to see a lot more of the D1 drivers...D1 US almost seems like a franchise version of D1 Grand Prix.

Comment

+1 on no celebrity judges. Another suggestion would be hold events at different venues. If possible, an event in Norcal would be great be it a street course or at an actual track facility (thunderhill, infineon, laguna, any stadium parking lot).

Something that would be nice to see in the states would be a Street Legal series and holding events at smaller tracks/areas (like how MSC does). That would a step in trying to keep it grassroots.

Another idea would be to hold one of your Drifting Academy events up in Norcal. That would be awesome to see. A lot of the Norcal folks feel left out in the scene. The only event we can go to is Formula D at Infineon.
                            Last edited by riight112; 07-15-2009, 02:21 PM.

Comment

When you come to NJ please use the Road Course.

Comment

Working...
                              X