No announcement yet.

AUTOBLOG Article on FORMULA D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I also agree with Ron Bergenholtz. After knowing Tony Angelo for some time now, there's no way he would be anything but 100% impartial.
    Although the other DA members are good friends, I believe his obvious dedication and passion for the future of drifting make this an absolute non issue. Not to mention that if you knew Tony, such a thing just isn't in his character.

It was inevitable that this question would rise from somewhere at some time, as soon as Tony Angelo started judging in Formula D. And being a team running one of the senior DA members mentioned, if we thought any such thing was a remote possibility, you'd better believe our team would cry foul the loudest. With the level of competition in Formula D being so tough, with so many good teams and drivers, I would not want our accomplishments as a team - or that of our drivers or sponsors - marked with an asterisk at the end of the season and would be the first person causing a stink.

Everyone on our team (and others I'm sure) work way too hard for the infrequent moments we get to enjoy with a solid result, to allow such a thing as biased judging tarnish the accomplishments of everyone involved.

As Ron Bergenholtz says, Tony was an instrumental part of revolutionizing Formula D judging formats this year, and for the better in my opinion. Anyone suggesting Tony Angelo is anything but impartial does not know the man and his passion for the sport.

Just my opinion...

Ian Stewart
    Autosport Dynamics Inc. (ASD)

Comment

in the full article it states that Hubinette was hit in his run, but yet didnt move on... i wasnt there so i dont know... but can anyone verify if that was true or not ???

Comment

Originally posted by AE86_Fan View Post
        in the full article it states that Hubinette was hit in his run, but yet didnt move on... i wasnt there so i dont know... but can anyone verify if that was true or not ???

I'm 80% sure that is the truth

but it didn't effect his line in anyway, so there for no points deducted.

They need to see the difference between a hit and just a little rubbage.

Comment

Tony Angelo will definitely be kept in check by all those associated with FD, especially his co-judges. All the DA guys are stand-up characters anyway and would only want to win it fair and square.

Comment

Originally posted by courantcom View Post
            agreed. So where do you all think this Autoblog author got his opinions planted? It seems like he was hanging out with a Viper a lot.
            Originally posted by courantcom View Post
            ...okay, so again, where did this Autoblog author get his opinions swayed at? It wasn't at my camp.
            Please do not attempt to stir up controversy by falsely accusing or insinuating that Nuformz Racing or Samuel Hubinette had anything to do with the way that this author's opinion was formed.

Thank You,
            Brad Manka
            Nuformz Racing Inc.

Comment

I'm just really happy that there's a panel full of real tried-and-true drifters. As tight as the drifting community is you'd have trouble finding someone credible who doesn't have a lot of friends on the field anyway.

In regards to Tony I have faith that he's the kind of guy that would give his boys a harder time than others because they're his boys, the drift alliance members seem to have a good way of pushing each other.

I would hate to see the guys out driving not get credit for the talented show of driving that they're putting on because a team-member is on the panel.

Just my non-drift-alliance-affiliated 2 cents

Comment

I'm sure FD thought about it when putting Tony on the panel.
                All the usual suspects (Rhys, Dai, and Tanner) are in new cars this year, they're still making adjustments on their cars.

Comment

Judging?
                  Some of you guys still believe drifting is judged?
                  Its semi pre-determined just like Wrestling, but its still fun as hell

Comment

Really? ..........get serious.

Comment

Originally posted by driftforfun View Post
                      Judging?
                      Some of you guys still believe drifting is judged?
                      you must be the same douche who wrote the article. stick to wrestling, *Censored**Censored**Censored* !

Comment

Originally posted by 110octane View Post
                        Really? ..........get serious.
                        Yeah I honestly think so. It cant be completely rigged since there are variables but for the most part the outcome is fixed. If you really sit back and see how many one more times they request and you will see why. How can a spectator easily determine the outcome of a match but takes the judges 2 one more times to determine a winner?
                        But like I said I will keep watching it and my boss will keep thinking his team has a realistic chance of wining the series.

Comment

Originally posted by AE86_Fan View Post
                          you must be the same douche who wrote the article. stick to wrestling, *Censored**Censored**Censored* !
                          No Im not the same douche. But thanks for the compliment. If I was I would have added some whores like the Hankook Viodeo!

Comment

Tony Angelo always calls it as he sees it since I knew him from day one. It's absurd that a popular blog like Autoblog.com would express such reckless comments.
                            Hubert Young
                            KORE 8 Films

Comment

Yeah I honestly think so. It cant be completely rigged since there are variables but for the most part the outcome is fixed. If you really sit back and see how many one more times they request and you will see why. How can a spectator easily determine the outcome of a match but takes the judges 2 one more times to determine a winner?
                              Well, I guess what I was trying to say is.....YOU'RE WRONG.

I have been around drifting since 2003 and have been entwined in the inner workings of the sport since it's inception in the U.S. Having attended every FD event and for the most part being at the judges stand while the judging is going on, I can tell you you're way out in left field with your accusation.

The reason the judges decisions differ from what the crowd believes is the correct call is because the judges are seeing all the little things that are discounted to an untrained eye. This discrepancy could very well be the reason why so many think "drifting is fixed" and could potentially hold the sport back from being mainstream. But that's FD's issue and as you've seen they are still streamlining the judging system to make it more understandable for the fans.

lastly, the sport doesn't need people such as yourself trying to persuade people that it is "fixed". Please stop.

P.S. Who's your boss and what's your beef with Eddie Kim and Hankook?

Comment

Good job, you just got trolled by driftforfun.

Comment

Working...
                                X