please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• please help

Okay, well this is another what car should i get thread but there is a twist that makes it different from the rest. Ok so first im not some 15 year old kid that needs to learn the basics of driving im 21 and know how to drive. I want to get into drifting as i am able to get a new car. All i have driven in my life is fr's so i am comfortable with them and prefer them over a ff or awd. Ok so i was originally considering an rx-8 but now ot so much because i remembered the fact that i might run it into a guardrail one day. Now for the twist i told you about. I need a car with four seats that would beable to fit a baby seat in the back. Yes thats right you heard me correctly a baby seat. Not saying i will need to have a baby in it all the time but if it is my car and i need to use it to transport a baby (as i may have one soon) i need it to beable to. This means rx-7's, miatas, 350Z, etc... are out of the question . I have heard that a baby seat will fit into a 240 2+2 but im not sure if this is true. Also, i would like something that will be good to start to learn to drift in. Any suggestions would be great! I also looked into the sc and is lexus's but they seem to be on the heavy side.

i know it's pretty out of the ordinary, but you might wanna try a 240.

Comment

E30 325i BMW sedan. More power than the 325e, has LSD, and four doors. DO IT!

Comment

4dr E36 M3

Comment

what car do you have now?

I think you should keep your drift car and your 4 door daily driver seperate. even if it means you can only spend $1k on each. That way, as you develop as a driver, you can upgrade the drift car and not worry about how it affects your daily car.

if you're serious as a driver, you'll come to a point where you will want / need to put a roll cage into your drift car, and roll cages are NEVER baby-friendly.

Comment

Just get a 240 because when you crash it, and believe me you will crash it, you won't be as upset as if you just crashed a bimmer. Get a nicer car when your skills are honed.

Comment

do any of you know for sure that a 240 will fit a baby seat i have heard that it will and that it wont

Comment

Buy a truck, a trailer, and a 240. If you cant afford that, then dont start drifting and spend the money on the baby.
                BattleVersion Mishimoto DDay Kaaz G-Dimension P2M BrianCrower CPpistons K&Wautobody Drifting.com RaysWheels SpeedOMotive Rotora AIT Racing AODA HouseOfKolor CompetitionClutch BullseyePower

Comment

Originally posted by mach11 View Post
                  do any of you know for sure that a 240 will fit a baby seat i have heard that it will and that it wont
                  I don't think too many of us here in this forum can tell you that. :P

But like Slapshotnerd said, may be you should keep the drift car and the family car separate. Drifting is relatively harsh on the car and anything could happen during a drift outing. So downtime on the car should be expected. Also, you don't want your baby to be bouncing around while driving around town with that drift machine. And being a responsible family man that I think you are, it is probably not a good idea to risk not having a car even for a day!
                  Hubert Young
                  KORE 8 Films

Comment

Thanks for all the input on the subject. I'm not exactly a family man yet I'm actually rather young. All the cars i have owned where choosen because of gas milage and my low budget due to being a college student. I am still in college and i am graduating soon so i will be purchasing a new car but i am also expecting after graduation to be starting a family with my fiance. This is where the issue came. I have always wanted to get into drifting but never had the opportunity to because i didnt have i drift capable car minus a few slides with my automatics for fun. I just didnt have the budget for parts and tires in general. Now that i am graduating i have money saved and my budget will be greatly increased in my new peofession so i wanted to finally start learning. I see what you mean about going without a car though. Hopefully i can manage to figure something out though! Maybe get a cheaper 240 and then go with a cheaper 4 doors daily driver. Maybe if i can get enough saved i can just get a minivan or suv for a family car

All this being said i also want to point out for future advice that i am by no means trying to become a pro i just mainly want to learn as a hobby because while never being able to fully learn i have riden along and i love the excitement of it and have always been into cars and mechanics.
                    Last edited by mach11; 08-03-2009, 09:57 AM.

Comment

If the kid is yours, best take Fifer's advice.

Comment

hey i found a site for baby seat compatibilty but it doesnt go far enough back to cover one car i thought of. Anyone think or know if a baby seat would fit in a AE86 back seat?

Comment

Yes, a baby seat fits in the 86. Know that from experience. No, I didn't take her drifting.

Comment

by that do you mean the car or the baby? lol

Anyway thanks for the info i really appreciate it Cavi Mike. I have always liked the AE86 so maybe that is an option. I understand the advice but what im asking for is a car that can fit a baby. I'm not saying it will be my only car except most likely it will be my daily driver. I am planning on picking up a suv as a baby car. The point was says god forbid something was to happen to the baby while the wife/fiance is out with the suv. I would beable to fit the baby in the car safely. Thanks again for all of the advice.

Comment

Maybe you should dedicate some time to drifting first.

Getting a new, expensive hobby and having a baby (that will monopolize your time and money) are not compatible.

I say do one or the other, dont plan on doing both at the sae time. otherwise youll spend a bunch of money n a car (or two, which would be smart), have the kid, and realize that you won't have the time to go drifting for at least 2 years. Then you'll sell your drift car at a loss and give up on the whole thing having attended one or two events at most.

I say enjoy being young, wtf do you need a kid for at 21? Jesus, you shouldn't even be getting married until you're 25. Spend the time on yourself so that later in life you wont regret your actions.

I mean, that, or buy a cressida.

Comment

Working...
                              X