Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Blog Entry) SAMUEL HUBINETTE, Formula D Washington 2009

TEXT BY SAMUEL HUBINETTE

I was on fire this weekend. The Nuformz/BFGoodrich Viper ran flawless and I had a lot of fun. Evergreen Speedway is definitely one of my favorite track on the FormulaD circuits.
    I qualified 3rd on Friday and that put me up against my Team mate for this event, Pat Mourdant. Pat is a great young driver and he has his future before him.
    I took of a little bit when leading him and I was close when following him. I moved on to Top 16. Props to Pat though for running so hard with that car!

In Top 16 I was matched up against Ken Gushi and his Scion tC. Another young very talented driver. I was leading him first, but unfortunately he broke his drive shaft. Not a great way to win, but now I was in Top 8.
    Now I was going up against Tyler McQuarrie in his Nissan 350z. I was leading and got a gap on him in the oval. I kept the distance through out my leading run. It was time for me to follow Tyler and I stayed on him pretty good through the whole track. The judges gave Tyler the win. I was very confused about the judging result. After the event I was told I did not wait for my competitor and that was “not cool”. The issue I see here...............

CONTINUE HERE
    http://blog.toxicdrift.com/2009/08/formulad-round-5/

why everybody hatin lmao

its pretty clear what team is hating on the DA judge now

Comment

If you read the blog that is not what I said. There are 3 judges and I was surprised with the outcome. And there is no hating going on here just FYI!!

Comment

Originally posted by blaze1 View Post
        why everybody hatin lmao

its pretty clear what team is hating on the DA judge now
        I am not sure how you could draw such a conclusion?
        Hubert Young
        KORE 8 Films

Comment

Read back a few threads

Auto Blog writer, after hanging out with the nuforms team claims numerous people calling biased for a DA member on the judging panel. Identities left anonymous, yet the blogger did post his frustration on how sam was love tapped but was eliminated @ vegas...once again criticizing the judging panel.

Once again on this blog a viewer commented.

I guess it’s a up hill all the way unless you can belong to one of the “right” teams.
          Looks like another DA bash.

But hey I could be wrong, maybe the nuforms camp has no problem with the DA judge. But unlike teams like asd and bergenholtz that came on here and showed support, nuforms never gave a direct answer if they did or did not have a problem with the new judge. Either way, from the looks like it even the Sam H/ Nuforms fans (who ever the person was who commented his blog) feel that they have a problem with T.Angelo.

Seems like most guys coming out the wood work to bash DA is nuformz or aem/rockstar supporter.

just sayin

Comment

Originally posted by blaze1 View Post
            Read back a few threads

Auto Blog writer, after hanging out with the nuforms team claims numerous people calling biased for a DA member on the judging panel. Identities left anonymous, yet the blogger did post his frustration on how sam was love tapped but was eliminated @ vegas...once again criticizing the judging panel.

Once again on this blog a viewer commented.

Looks like another DA bash.

But hey I could be wrong, maybe the nuforms camp has no problem with the DA judge. But unlike teams like asd and bergenholtz that came on here and showed support, nuforms never gave a direct answer if they did or did not have a problem with the new judge. Either way, from the looks like it even the Sam H/ Nuforms fans (who ever the person was who commented his blog) feel that they have a problem with T.Angelo.

Seems like most guys coming out the wood work to bash DA is nuformz or aem/rockstar supporter.

just sayin
            You're not in our pits, nor are you associated with my team, or Sam's team. You have no place to make accusations like this and just keep feeding the fire. Get over it. You're only making things worse.

And just because a team doesn't respond on a forum or thread doesn't give you the right to jump to conclusions. You also ignored the fact that both team Bergenholtz and ASD have ties to DA. I am in no way saying that dictated their responses and support towards Tony, just stating a fact.

I personally think Tony's a great judge & has done a phenomenal job this year. Judging isn't as easy as people think, so cut out the criticism.

Now lets get back on topic with Sam's blog.
            That's all. Thanks.

Comment

@ Blaze - read this slowly - You are not that cool **pause** Please stop!

Comment

I listen to every event on blog talk radio and it seems this season there has been many questionable calls. Personally i agree with Andy Yens decision 90 percent of the time, but the other two judges have me scratching my head sometimes. Stuff like this happens with every judged sport, sometimes judges make decisions that are baffling.

Comment

Originally posted by PatAttack View Post
                  You're not in our pits, nor are you associated with my team, or Sam's team. You have no place to make accusations like this and just keep feeding the fire. Get over it. You're only making things worse.
                  Who ever said I had anything to do with you and your team Pat? I'm not mad about it Pat, so no need to get over anything. Feed the fire, rivalry's and scandal make make a series. Keeps the fans like me focused and intrigued about the series. Keeps us coming back to events year after year to see and support the sponsors.

How are you suppose to tell a loyal supporter/fan of a series to stop taking interest in a issue in the series? Especially if you have NOTHING to do with the topic at hand. Its not like these are outlandish rumors that just don't make any sense. The topic at hand is not new at all Pat.

http://www.drifting.com/forums/gener...formula-d.html

And just because a team doesn't respond on a forum or thread doesn't give you the right to jump to conclusions. You also ignored the fact that both team Bergenholtz and ASD have ties to DA. I am in no way saying that dictated their responses and support towards Tony, just stating a fact.
                  Pat its not that they did not respond... they did respond. Its about how they did it, while the two teams mentioned above came out and just essentially said; yo we are down with tony, we think he is honestly fair. A dude from mopar just told victor to keep their name out his mouth. Not really showing support or a grievance with the DA judge.

I personally think Tony's a great judge & has done a phenomenal job this year. Judging isn't as easy as people think, so cut out the criticism.
                  Again, why are you on here again? If you feel the same way I do... why even post. I'm against all the biased criticism because what drift team a judge is on. I'm not the one making the crazy accusations like that.

One thing I would like to agree with Sam is the pace cone rule. I think every tandem battle both drivers must agree to use the pace cone or not. And the agreement must be relayed to the judges and hopefully the crowd (creating another entertaining element to the sport). Drivers of faster cars should just agree to a pace cone against slower cars out of sportsmanship. No one here wants to see drag racing.

Now lets get back on topic with Sam's blog.
                  That's all. Thanks.
                  Well Pat just out of curiosity since you came on here out of no where. What ever happened to you going to japan to drive in D1GP? I was really looking forward to seeing a american going head to head with the japanese on their own turf. Congrats on the journeys deal dude... again I don't know where you animosity came from man. I am not affiliated or have any problems with you or your team Pat...whats good?

Comment

Is Pat still a DRIFT AVENGER?

Comment

blaze is cool
                      pat would be cooler if he really is in drift avenger

Comment

Working...
                      X