X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New RWD vehicles from GM

To expand upon what other have said about new RWD GM's

The Solstice will have a starting price under $20K with 170HP

A supercharger will be available from the dealer, no factory version is yet confirmed

The Chevy Nomad on the same platform (Kappa) will be a 2+2 hatchback

Saturn is getting a Kappa sports car

Other Kappa cars may be in the works for Pontiac, Buick and Cadillac

Also, the larger Zeta platform has the following cars planned
    2007 Buick luxury sedan
    2008 Buick Convertible
    2008 Pontiac Grand Prix
    2008 Pontiac GTO
    2008/09 Chevrolet coupe and convertible (Possibly named Camaro)
    2009 Chevrolet impala
    2010 Chevrolet Monte Carlo

Also there are still rumors that GM may import the V8 powered Holden Ute (think Monaro with a truck bed) as the next El Camino and the V8 powered Holden Statesman as the Buick Roadmaster.

That list is not finalized but GM is definately going to have more RWD and performance models in all of their divisions.

Theres your kappa line up. Nomad. 05 (or early 06) solstice, and 06 saturn curve. The curve has 230 hp (at least the concept does) and is rumored to be cheaper than the solstice, so prob wont make it to production with so much. The solstice sits on a spaceframe, factory coilovers, 2.2L ECOTEC engine, powering the rear wheels that will prob be 17". Umm...for more info, go to solsticeforum.com. Lotta smart guys that have been following the car closely. Both the curve and the solstice hoods open forward. I dont know about the Nomad.

Curve back end.

Solstice

Comment

It's actually been stated that the Curve will not make production but the resulting Kappa Saturn will probably take some design cues from the Curve.

And if want a wealth of info go here

www.cheersandgears.com

Comment

I dont care much for the curve's look. And im not sure on the nomad yet. Im going to have to see more pics i think.

Comment

RWD=good
          it will be nice to see some more RWD cars on the market
          just hopeing dodge puts there turbo 2.4 into a light/cheep RWD platform

Comment

whoa Solstice looks dope!! kinda like a miata and bmw z's child

Comment

hmmm...so their using the ecotec motor...that'll be good consdiering they already have alot of mods for those motors. Turbo, super, cams, etc. Hell GM even sells all the parts needed to make the ecotec have 1,500hp O_o

Not to much of a fan on the saturns looks. But the Pontiac looks kinda like a porshe boxer and the nomad looks pretty cool. Kinda old school yet station wagon.

Comment

I like the Curve, and I hate Saturns!

It looks like a ZR-1 molested a Ford Probe - it would be awesome if it had a hatch!

-MR

Comment

hey rev limit I like ur sig.... cell shaded

Comment

That sig is from Auto Modellista, right?

Comment

i like he solstice it has a nice look and nice interior. its the miata of domestics.

Comment

By the time those buddies come out I should be able to drive (MUAHAHAHA!!!!).

Comment

yeah the solstice is pretty bada$$. how much does it cost?only thing i dont like is the hood openin forward. for some reason, i hate that. doesnt seem like enough room to work from the sides. maybe its just me. the grille has to go, and it could use a back seat, but im not one to complain... much. itll be good to see some more RWD domestics out there. plus they can finally start rep'n for detroit. some comp for the JDM craze.

Comment

Originally posted by Hardluck
                            That sig is from Auto Modellista, right?
                            I don't think they had older camaros in auto modelista (could be wrong) but I think they actually made that sig

Comment

I need an HSV Maloo really bad. Think 400 horses, 6ft bed, independent suspension, 6 gears, and awesome looks.

Comment

Working...
                              X