ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(NEW DATE/LOCATION) FORMULA DRIFT PRO-AM Finals???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by courantcom View Post
    Irwindale is a venue that is well worth a cross country trip for. It's in SoCali -- seriously, need I really say more? ;-)
    Only issue is, most of the socal and seattle drivers have a unfair advantage. They run this course all the darn time.

I would have shown up to a BOTI or a HIN event. Unless there is a team drift demo, some indo contests like fastest entry or most angle. I'm probably not gonna show up.

Comment

I hear what you guys are saying but please keep in mind, with the sudden change, the very very limited budget, our team is moving as fast as we can to pull this one together. Hopefully in the future we can stage a East Nationals and a West Nationals or start moving it from coast to coast, region to region. This will all as we develop the pro am program further.

We are also working on some added elements like team drift and special contests, all for fun, but to get some of the pro teams to come out as well. We are also working on vendors and a car show/meet. Blaze1, I think you'll be surprised at what the ticket price will be. So see you at Irwindale on the weekend of October 16-17 for the season finale and when you hear what the ticket price for FD Pro Am National Championship is going to, I'll see you on November 21st as well =)

Come on out and support the up-and-comers!

Comment

Originally posted by blaze1 View Post
        Only issue is, most of the socal and seattle drivers have a unfair advantage. They run this course all the darn time.

I would have shown up to a BOTI or a HIN event. Unless there is a team drift demo, some indo contests like fastest entry or most angle. I'm probably not gonna show up.
        Yeah, I think that would be interesting too... "fastest entry speed", "most angle...", "epic fail", "closest call!" Yeah...little things like that just make races more interesting. I don't think it's THAT hard to just make consolation prizes for those categories. ...just some basic guidelines. Fastest entry speed means that they have HAD to initiate and drift as well. I can just imagine someone doing a 1/4 mile style pass and then slamming hard on the brakes right after the radar gun just to get a high MPH. hahaha!

Comment

Jim

Even though I'm really frustrated with the way this pro am thing is being handled... only a small fraction of it is towards FD. I'm really angry at the organization who have refused to work with FD, and those who have only half a$$ed it. Seriously, the people want to see drifting... why couldn't HIN put a definite answer yes or no with the collaboration with pro am. Seems like the company is cool with having it a low budget exhibition but when its time to take it serious and more money and planning is involved they delay and collapse. It does not make it any better that the other drift series made it very blatant they did not want to be the lesser series of the two and making it impossible for you guys to work with.

America needs another series to work with and around you guys. So from there, its not really a matter of of setting up a pro am finals, its just a mere matter of picking the top 10-16 drivers of that series to receive licences. As long as its fun and well organized I'm willing to show up and have a good time. The FD guys office in long beach cant and shouldn't have to do everything, someone(s) have to step up. America needs its own MSC asap!

Comment

Working...
          X