Sr20?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sr20?

alright im hearing different types of SR20's and im confused now...

what are the differences between the blacktop SR and the redtop SR? stock hp specs... what car they came in from the factory... more popular for drifting... you know things like that...

ok now i just heard about a silveretop...

Comment

As far as i know, they just came in different years, no real significant differences. And im sure neither of them is better than the other for drifting.....

Comment

hahaha silver top is the just the sr20de not sr20det..... but redtop sr20det came in the earlier ones there are two versions of the black top the ones that came in s14 and s15s those came w/ a few "nicities" such as cam timing and for the s15 bigger turbo. the s13 black top is just your "you get what you see" type of engine .... nothing all crazy just simple... that's to put it simple w/ out confusing you anymore

Comment

S13 RED TOP Specifications

180SX 91-93 and Silvia 91-93

Displacement: 1998cc (2.0 liter)

Cam type: DOHC 16 valve, chain driven cam sprockets

Bore and stroke: 86mm x 86mm

Compression: 8.5 : 1

Horsepower: 205ps at 6000rpm Torque: 203 ft/lbs at 4000rpm

Stock boost: 7 psi

Throttle body bore: 60mm

Turbo specs: Injector size: 370cc/min

Compressor: T-25, 60 trim 56mm BCI-1 compressor.

Turbine: T-25, 62 trim 53.8mm 0.64 A/R turbine housing.

Center Section: Journal bearings

Aluminum alloy block and head with steel alloy sleeves. Distributorless, crank angle sensor activated ignition, direct fire coil packs. Stock SR's come with an internal wastegate, a knock sensor, a side mounted intercooler and a bypass valve that is routed back into the intake after the MAF before the turbo. Stock turbo outlet is 1 7/8 inches, inlet and throttle body are ~2 1/2 inches.

Performance:

The stock turbo will be safe to 13-15 psi. After that, the turbo is past its efficiency range, and power increases will fall off and are not worth the risk of turbo damage. The engine should produce 230-250 RWHP at safe boost.

S13 BLACK TOP SPECIFICATIONS

180SX 94-98

Displacement: 1998cc (2.0 liter)

Cam type: DOHC 16 valve, chain driven cam sprockets

Bore and stroke: 86mm x 86mm

Compression: 8.5 : 1

Horsepower: 205hp at 6000rpm Torque: 203 ft/lbs at 4000rpm

Stock boost: 7 psi

Throttle body bore: 60mm

Turbo specs: Injector size: 370cc/min

Compressor: T-25, 60 trim 56mm BCI-1 compressor.

Center Section: Journal bearings

Aluminum alloy block and head with steel alloy sleeves. Distributorless, crank angle sensor activated ignition, direct fire coil packs. Stock SR's come with an internal wastegate, a knock sensor, a side mounted intercooler and a bypass valve that is routed back into the intake after the MAF before the turbo. Stock turbo outlet is 1 7/8 inches, inlet and throttle body are ~2 1/2 inches.

Performance:

The stock turbo will be safe to 13-15 psi. After that, the turbo is past its efficiency range, and power increases will fall off and are not worth the risk of turbo damage. The engine should produce 230-250 RWHP at safe boost.

S14 BLACKTOP SPECIFICATIONS

Silvia 95-98

Horsepower: 220hp at 6000rpm Torque: 203 ft/lbs at 4800rpm

Turbo specs:

Compressor: T-28, 60 trim 60 mm BCI-1 compressor in T-04B housing

Center Section: Ball Bearing

Variable valve timing system and a different turbo are the significant changes from the S13 SR20DET engines. S14 uses 'low port' intake design vs. S13 'high port' design.

Performance:

The stock turbo will be safe to 13-15 psi. After that, the turbo is past its efficiency range, and power increases will fall off and are not worth the risk of turbo damage. The engine should produce 250-260 RWHP at safe boost.

S15 SR SPECS

S15 Silvia 99-

Horsepower: 250ps at 6000rpm Transmission: 6 Speed, Close Ratio

Injector size: 480cc/min

Turbo specs:

Compressor: T-28, 60 trim 60 mm BCI-1 compressor in T-04B housing

Turbine: Inco turbine wheel. Cast divider wall between turbine discharge and wastegate.

Center Section: Ball Bearing

Additions: 6 speed manual transmission. The 6 speed cannot be used on the S13 and S14 motors, and uses a different driveshaft. Speed sensor is located in the differential.

Performance:

The stock turbo will be safe to 15-18 psi. After that, the turbo is past its efficiency range, and power increases will fall off and are not worth the risk of turbo damage. The engine should produce close to 300 RWHP at safe boost.

This is a general overview of SR's and which were available.There are many sites you can go to (such as zilvia.net, 240sx forums,fresh alloy, nico forums,etc) and find out more in depth information as to the differences between the engines.

Comment

hahaha there you go there are the differences ( I wasn't gonna get that specific) hey isn't that faq from heavy throttle.com or something?

Comment

yea it is lol, and it only took me 10 mins to find. Searching the internet is quite easy if you want to find info on something topic starter

Comment

yea...he just copied and pasted that from heavythrottle

Comment

GO GO GO GO GO GO *edit oops wrong post hahaha

Comment

lol my bad i didnt want anything that specific but good nonetheless...

and yeah i would have searched if i had more time to. i dont get online at home anymorwe so i have very limited time during school to. its not about a lazyness thing its a time thing... is that understandable?

Comment

yep, understandable. Glad i can help then, if i did lol.

Comment

USE THE SEARCH DATABASE

Comment

coiloverkid- did you not read my last post before you posted? or did you just read the question and then hit reply?

SR- yeah thanks for the info man... now i know which engine im looking for...

Comment

Working...
                          X