Turbo Rx8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turbo Rx8

I read in whatever ricer magazine that some one is driving a 3 rotar turbo Rx8, how is this possible?

welder

IE droping a 20B into it..

Comment

are you talking about acostas? http://www.acostamotorsports.com/projectcars.htm
      The cars pretty crazy
      Last edited by P1STON2ROTARY; 03-05-2004, 12:38 AM.

Comment

It's in one of my mags and I think there's another out there somewhere. Seemd like I saw one on either Rx7club or TeamFC3S.

Comment

yep thats the one, I thought they had turbo charged the stock Rx8 engine, but the 3 rotor engine should have given me a clue, that car is incredible, does anyone know what the renesis rotary thing is all about what make it different than the 13b

Comment

Over here, someone's made a 4-rotor NA RX-7

Comment

if i remember correctly the renesis has it's ports on the side of the housing vs. the 13 which had them on the edge. supposedly the port placement lead to buring oil + getting exhaust into the intake charge because that was a point in the rotation where the apex seal allowed both ports to be open into both chambers

more info can be found here Official autralian mazda site

adam "i heart mazda" loehmann

Comment

I read somewhere that the 20b is a direct bolt in for the Renesis. May only need mounts.

Comment

Yea the first 8 with a 20b was done in OZ. It hadnt even turned like 20 miles and they tore it down and did the swap.

Comment

Originally posted by Oki Drifter
                    Over here, someone's made a 4-rotor NA RX-7
                    I can think of about 15 with the four rotar swap.

Comment

really.... i was under the impression that the 4rotor engines were race only... as in not available to the consumer... tho i suppose if you are a well known tune shop things like that find their way to you.... god the 26B must SCREAM

TF

Comment

It's not the actual 26B. They probably made the four rotor themselves just like some people make three rotors themselves. If you can machine and weld you're good to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Misthael
                          It's not the actual 26B. They probably made the four rotor themselves just like some people make three rotors themselves. If you can machine and weld you're good to go.
                          And why would you assume that. Do you think the 26b is not a valid part number here or are you guessing. do you even know what goes into a 26b eccentric shaft or how many peices it is. FYI Top Fuel selles both

Comment

I was told by a repectable member of one of the rotary forums that you can't get the 26B. It's a race only engine. I mean the one with the automatically adjusting intakes that was used in the 787B. I wasn't aware that I was being rude or anything but it seems like I ticked you off. Sorry. Oh. And teh machining and welding thing is more for the mounting. I didn't mean for the building of the eccentric shaft. Sorry again. My bad.
                            Last edited by Misthael; 03-05-2004, 11:37 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X