KENJI YAMANAKA Signs with Bridgeway Motorsports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KENJI YAMANAKA Signs with Bridgeway Motorsports

(Hayward, CA) As the 2009 Formula Drift season comes to a close preparations for 2010 are at full speed with Bridgeway Motorsports as they have now signed on crowd-favorite Kenji Yamanaka for their Drifting Program. Kenji Yamanaka is well known for his off track charismatic antics and loveable personality and his aggressive ”drift to win” attitude on the track. Kenji Yamanaka’s Formula Drift experience goes as far back as 2005 drifting for multiple teams including the famous Hankook Tires / JIC Magic team from 2005 to 2007 finishing 6th place overall in 2007.

“We are excited to have such a great driver and person in our presence.” commented Team Owner, Adrian “Birdman” Papajohn, “Bridgeway Motorsports is proud to support Kenji Yamanaka in 2010 and beyond. We want to see Kenji become the ‘Top Dog’ again in Formula Drift and we know that we can provide Kenji with the proper vehicle, team, and support that he needs to get on the podium.” Going back to Kenji’s previous success, Bridgeway Motorsports brought back Kenji’s former Team Manager, Yukio Taira to help build the team and lead them into victory “I took a break from Drifting but this cohesive group of people, vehicles, and sponsors that we have accumulated attracted me so much. Kenji is such an excellent choice for a driver. I hope that my experience in Drifting will benefit the Bridgeway Motorsports Team and I am humbled that they have asked me to help them build this wonderful program. We know that Kenji and the Bridgeway Motorsports Team will go far.” said Yukio Taira.

Kenji Yamanaka will again be piloting his favorite and proven chassis, a Nissan Silvia S15. This particular S15 has a sentimental value as it is the same S15 that he used in the 2005 to 2007 seasons from JIC Magic Japan that lead Kenji to numerous podiums, television coverage, magazine features, and even broke the Buttonwillow Time Attack record in 2007. The JIC Magic S15 took a 2 year break as it made its way to several countries and will now call Bridgeway Motorsports its home. Kenji Yamanaka has touted that he has an American Heart and a Japanese Body. With that in mind, Team Owner Adrian “Birdman” Papajohn decided that NASCAR GM LS-Based V8 will be put into the car to keep Kenji’s mantra. “It’s a proven power plant in Drifting so far and we want to make sure that Kenji’s Bridgeway Motorsports Nissan S15 will make it from practice to podium with minimal issues.” said Adrian “Birdman” Papajohn. Addition to the massive torque making motor, a quick change rear end will be added to give Kenji the maximum gearing customization possible as it rumbles from each of the series’ stops.

Bridgeway Motorsports looks forward to success in the 2010 season with Kenji Yamanaka and the Nissan S15. Bridgeway Motorsports would like to thank our current supporters SEIBON, JIC Magic, BRIDE USA, Vertex T&E, Show-Up, Signal Auto, Mazora Paint / Nippon Paint, Apex’i, Memphis Car Audio, and Fulmer Helmets. If you are interested in more information about the Bridgeway Motorsports Team or for sponsorship information please contact Team Manager, Yukio Taira atyukio@bridgewaymotorsports.com

ugghhhh...................this was exciting until I read the Nascar motor

Comment

Originally posted by slideways2004 View Post
      ugghhhh...................this was exciting until I read the Nascar motor

LOL me too!!

Comment

That is kinda funny but if that's what he wants...

Comment

Who is Bridgeway Motorsports? A little more information on the organization would be cool.

It sucks that Kenji will have to endure yet another development year.

Best of luck to all involved.

Comment

Its a sad day when not even the japanese care for the 4 cylinder turbo any longer lol

I wish him luck, is he still going to be on BF?

Comment

Come on guys this isnt 2005.. V8 platforms are the way to go reliable powerplants why wouldn't people choose it?

Comment

Originally posted by D1 DRIFTER View Post
                Come on guys this isnt 2005.. V8 platforms are the way to go reliable powerplants why wouldn't people choose it?
                Tyler and Dmac both had stupid engine problems that prevented them from finishing certain rounds. And these were american "race" V8s.

I think the course configuration and judging criteria in FD make a V8 very preferable. With that being said I hope these guys pay attention to detail and chassis prep. It seems like the drift emporium dudes had allot of loose ends to tie up to make any of their cars consistent and stable while drifting.

Ryan and the Gardella guys had a great season running a good ole 4 cylinder turbo! And I still havent heard about Kyle/mazdatrix or JTP/Bergenholtz having any trouble with their brotaries this season.
                Last edited by Bebop; 10-23-2009, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Adrian "Birdman" Papajohn is a partner in Bridgeway Motorsports, he's the guy who always had the crazy hair and has lots of tattoos all over (including the porsche crest on his neck). He's been around drifting since the 2007 NOPI series. Between him and Yukio, I have no doubts that this team will be pretty competitive out of the gate.

This car was a top-10 drifting car and a record-smashing time attack car, there's no doubt in my mind that they can the car back to the same competitive ranks during the off season.

Comment

I'm not worried either...I just hope Adrian knows that one of the ways to wind up with a small fortune from drifting is to start with a large fortune in the beginning. ;-)

Comment

Another V8- wow. Nothing against them- they make great power, but it does seem like the bandwagon is rolling through.

Anyone else think there should be a power to weight limit in Formula D?

Comment

Granted I don't really care for the V8 but I like that we're developing our own style. Every culture has their own and here in the states, it's V8 style.

Go Kenji!

Comment

Originally posted by Cavi Mike View Post
                          ... Every culture has their own and here in the states, it's V8 style...
                          Yeah, just like I was telling someone last week- "It's the United States way: if in doubt, put a V8 in it."

LOL. Still should have a power to weight rule though- it's a freakin' drag race to the first turn sometimes.

Comment

Working...
                          X