No announcement yet.

Question for the Pros: Running a welded differential or a spool instead of a

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to say- ASD is right on. Thanks for the additional information.

Comment

from my experience the welded understeered a lot more. To me this was good to learn how to have aggressive initiation, but it sometimes made me have slower entry speeds.

also it feels like low speed traction was pretty horrible with a welded.

i have never driven a 1.5 way. i would assume it would feel the best and faster speeds except you have to use the e-brake a lot more

Comment

The real difference on the diffs comes when your off the throttle and how the car reacts to getting off the gas. Each car is different and everyone's style is different so you cant say what is best.

To me, spool or 2 way makes the car straighten up or cause some understeer in many places, so the car tends to run a tighter line. With the 1.5, it tends to coast more when your off the throttle so its smoother, you dont have to hold the gas as long to get that nice wide line.

I like the 2 way for tandom cause you are able to tighten up your line when following. You can use the ebrake if you need to go wider, and left foot if you need to slow down. With the 1.5, if you start running a little wide, its alot harder to come back from that.
        BattleVersion Mishimoto DDay Kaaz G-Dimension P2M BrianCrower CPpistons K&Wautobody Drifting.com RaysWheels SpeedOMotive Rotora AIT Racing AODA HouseOfKolor CompetitionClutch BullseyePower

Comment

Working...
        X