• Time
  • Show
Clear All

GT-R! Cute drift car.... **I am jealous**

Comment

http://gruppe-s.blogspot.com/2010/01...iding-r35.html

Comment

Why is there several of the same image?

**edit** never mind about the "mysterious oil cooler in the door," bigger pictures reveal the door is missing.... But, gives me an interesting idea.
        Last edited by Justin Banner; 02-04-2010, 02:48 PM.

Comment

Yea.... we wont be seeing this thing at long beach lol

Comment

blitz has one

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tX_e060uU9A&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tX_e060uU9A&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Comment

why WOULDN'T this be ready in time?!

they fixed Eric's Subaru in 4 days after the crash in Seattle, and that had a ton of fab work on the front end. All they have to do is fab up a cage, replace everything with CF panels (which seibon already has), drop in a motor, add an E-brake, add suspension, and they're set to go. 60 days of working time, 10-12 hours a day with 2 guys... I don't see why it couldn't be done?

Dai's car in 8 days from almost scratch. Eric's car in 4 days from a bad wrecked. What's so hard to believe about 60 days?

Comment

Originally posted by Slapshotnerd View Post
                why WOULDN'T this be ready in time?!

they fixed Eric's Subaru in 4 days after the crash in Seattle, and that had a ton of fab work on the front end. All they have to do is fab up a cage, replace everything with CF panels (which seibon already has), drop in a motor, add an E-brake, add suspension, and they're set to go. 60 days of working time, 10-12 hours a day with 2 guys... I don't see why it couldn't be done?

Dai's car in 8 days from almost scratch. Eric's car in 4 days from a bad wrecked. What's so hard to believe about 60 days?
                ...and, hoping everything works right the first time they start it up, they can make time to go a place where they can test it, shake it down...take notes, develop an original program further, take it there again, etc., etc. I don't think they can learn from others when trying to make a drift car out of an R35, so they are going to have to discover things on their own for now.

Or, they can just shake it down at Long Beach. ;-)

Comment

Nice

Eddie is the man.

Comment

Rebuilding something that was already competitive or proven competitive is much different from building something from scratch that has never been done before... IE JIC Porsche.

I will be really surprised if we see this anytime before the east coast leg of the series. And I will be even more impressed if it is competitive at any time during the 2010 series.

Comment

Originally posted by blaze1 View Post
                      Rebuilding something that was already competitive or proven competitive is much different from building something from scratch that has never been done before... IE JIC Porsche.

I will be really surprised if we see this anytime before the east coast leg of the series. And I will be even more impressed if it is competitive at any time during the 2010 series.
                      You know, we also had our doubts with the AEM tC. It worked out fairly well for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Justin Banner View Post
                        You know, we also had our doubts with the AEM tC. It worked out fairly well for them.

I agree but this time last year that car wasnt a half stripped shell.

Comment

Which is why I've been thinking about something. Can anyone confirm that these photos are up to date or if the photos and story are behind the actual build? (In other words, is the car further along than we assume)

Comment

Originally posted by Justin Banner View Post
                            Which is why I've been thinking about something. Can anyone confirm that these photos are up to date or if the photos and story are behind the actual build? (In other words, is the car further along than we assume)
                            We will get an update from them after the weekend is over.

Comment

http://gruppe-s.blogspot.com/2010/02...frame-and.html

by Gruppe S

The Gruppe-S.com / Dynamic Autosports / Hankook Tire Drift GTR begins the chassis preparation stage of the development process.

Below: The subframe of the GTR along with the transmission is dropped after was stripped down to it's bare chassis.

After finishing the stitch welding, Master Technician Adam Depner, pictured here, is laying on a coat of primer in order to protect the newly exposed metal from the elements..

Comment

GTR Cage: Front Beams and Bar and Stiching up the Seams!
                                http://gruppe-s.blogspot.com

With the Foundation of a Main hoop and Crossbar in place, its time to extend this cage forward with the main front runners with a cross beam running along the front top section. Stay Tuned for updates tomorrow!!

Comment

Working...
                                X