Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hankook GTR gets it's Rear End worked on
    http://gruppe-s.blogspot.com/2010/02...worked-on.html

Continuing work on the GTR's cage, we cut out sections of the chassis to lay out the base plates for the rear runners of the cage that connect the rear portion of the chassis to the main hoop. The cage is nearing completion and work continues on the chassis preparation. Come back tomorrow for another update on the progress of our GTR Drift Build!

Comment

GTR Cage: Side Runners Installed and Engine Bay Prep
      http://gruppe-s.blogspot.com/2010/02...alled-and.html

The side runners are on cage have been lined up and cut to fit the driver side with out fabricator working on the passenger side as we speak.

Jason, our resident genius when it comes to body work and chassis preparation, is cutting out sections in the engine bay in order to make room for the special power plant that will be pushing this GTR. The motor we will be running in the GTR for this 2010 season of Formula Drift is going to be...... I think I may have said too much so we'll talk more on that later..

Comment

Teaserrrr...tell us what motor is gunna be in it! I bet it's going to be some sort of v8 or nascar motor. Why else would you be cutting an engine bay (from a 6 cylinder) to fit another motor in there...hahah guess we shall have to wait and find out

Comment

be funny if it was an SR

Comment

Rb26!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DataXUnknown View Post
              Teaserrrr...tell us what motor is gunna be in it! I bet it's going to be some sort of v8 or nascar motor. Why else would you be cutting an engine bay (from a 6 cylinder) to fit another motor in there...hahah guess we shall have to wait and find out

for NOW they plan to start the season with a VQ35 (BC stroker kit to
              increase displacement

Comment

I think someone needs to remind them the falken G35 never worked out

Comment

Originally posted by blaze1 View Post
                  I think someone needs to remind them the falken G35 never worked out

g35 podium'd, 1st place, in sonoma..05 or 06...
                  seemed like it "worked out" to me.

car had its fair share of issues after that, but it was still a good car.

Comment

Originally posted by CamelTouge View Post
                    g35 podium'd, 1st place, in sonoma..05 or 06...
                    seemed like it "worked out" to me.

car had its fair share of issues after that, but it was still a good car.
                    Back in 05

75% of the cars that competed back then wouldn't be able to hang in the sport the way it is today. And that says alot in a sport that relies so much on skill.

Cars like the cooper el camino, aem s2k, cooper f-body, lexus backed is300, and a bunch of half assed built cookie cut S13s.

Yea, your right the falken G35 was a decent machine back in 05... but where is it today?

Comment

Originally posted by blaze1 View Post
                      Back in 05

75% of the cars that competed back then wouldn't be able to hang in the sport the way it is today. And that says alot in a sport that relies so much on skill.

Cars like the cooper el camino, aem s2k, cooper f-body, lexus backed is300, and a bunch of half assed built cookie cut S13s.

Yea, your right the falken G35 was a decent machine back in 05... but where is it today?

G35 is gone...just like the other 75% of cars from back in 05.

You are comparing the g35 to hankook GTR. you really think it doesnt have a chance against the cars in FD now? C'mon man..

Comment

Down to the bare bones its just a beefy V36

In a addition vq motor is added (or shall i say the VK was subtracted)

that's where we are at this point...

In the future with the right engineering this can be a very successful drift car.... but with the season closing in fast its starting to look like a 100k+ tar baby. Their Z33 wasn't quite ready at long beach back in 08 and at that time there was a few highly successful version on the car on grid. What makes me think this first time entry for the team will prove any better.

Robbie was looking strong and was seen as a championship threat coming into 2010 until this news came.I would have had my eyes on a Z34, the base of the car alone is just a improved version of the Z33. That combined with the knowledge gained from the original build I think Robbie would have had a much greater chance at a overall podium this year. I also feel that Nissan would have been happier with this choice as well. Even though they don't fully back any team, its nice to give them a incentive instead of campaigning a car that most fans could never afford.

Now we are waiting too see the car make a clean pass at long beach... which could possibly not happen.
                        Last edited by Bebop; 02-25-2010, 05:45 PM.

Comment

Blaze,

To be completely honest with you, you're posts are a boring, and your constant ranting about the Gruppe-S team is getting old. Anyone who is not an idiot can see that you have something personal against the team of it's crew. Your posts have become predictable, and everyone gets a good laugh every time you say anything. Some even place bets on how soon you will post negative replies or just *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* *Censored**Censored**Censored*, know-nothing rants.

When you get a team of your own, then you can manage it as a perfect 10. Until then, please do us all a favor and shut your trap.

Comment

PM replied to SCR 7m

Comment

Originally posted by SCR_7M View Post
                              Blaze,

To be completely honest with you, you're posts are a boring, and your constant ranting about the Gruppe-S team is getting old. Anyone who is not an idiot can see that you have something personal against the team of it's crew. Your posts have become predictable, and everyone gets a good laugh every time you say anything. Some even place bets on how soon you will post negative replies or just *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* *Censored**Censored**Censored*, know-nothing rants.

When you get a team of your own, then you can manage it as a perfect 10. Until then, please do us all a favor and shut your trap.
                              Wow, a guy with ONE POST talking a bit out of his britches. Blaze knows what he's talking about (most of the time, though I do disagree on him about the GT-R). So, to be honest with you, completely honest with you, a newbie or troll does not fair well in this forum when his first post is a rant about an ol' dog of Drifting.com.

Now, back on subject, it appears that these build pictures are "real time," as in these are being posted just about as soon as they are taken and edited for watermarks. I'm a little worried, but not too much. I think the build will be done before LB, but development will probably be on the fly and maybe even more so than the tC. I expect the car to be at it's best towards the end of the season, rather than the middle like Tanner's tC was.

Comment

Tanner TC was hot like fire at long beach, met his match at ATL, and had a plain bad setup at wall. Came Vegas... it was no contest.

And if IIRC it was not at SEMA 08 (as a shell or anything)

Comment

Working...
                                X