• Show
Clear All

• (PRO-AM) FORMULA D Results

Content By Formula D

1st Place - Ian Fournier
    2nd Place - Mike Pollard
    3rd Place - Chelsea Denofa

ORDER OF EVENTS: NEWEST TO OLDEST

# 1st place battle: Pollard Vs. Fournier - Fournier leads with Pollard on his bumper. Pollard taps the inner bank and keeps going.

1st place battle: Pollard Vs. Fournier - Pollard leads and both have a good run, shallow run but over all solid.

Rizvi Vs. Denofa - Rizvi and Denofa with both good run. Rizvi goes off course at end. Denofa with 3rd place.

3rd Place: Battle Rizvi Vs. Denofa - Denofa leads and Rizvi no angle and spins on inner bank.

Fournier moves on...

Denofa Vs. Fournier. Denofa leads and Fournier with a very close run, all over Denofa. Very good chase from Fournier

Denofa Vs. Fournier. Fournier leads and Denofa stays on his back bumper through the course.

Pollard Vs. Rizvi Rizvi leads and comes in fast on the bank and close to Rizvi. Rizvi spins and Pollard drifts past. Pollard moves on

Pollard Vs. Rizvi Pollard leads, and holds a good drift, lots of smoke. Rizvi spins on inner bank entry.

Pollard Vs. Rizvi Rizvi leads and Pollard comes in hot, takes out a cone and part of his front 1/4 panel. Rizvi spins. They go OMT

Pollard Vs. Rizvi Pollard leads and Rizvi spins on entry into first clip. Pollard then spins on inner bank.

Final 4 of Pro-Am...

Denofa Vs. Leask. Leask leads and Denofa stays on Leask through the course. Denofa gets the win.

Denofa Vs. Leask. Denofa leads and has a solid run. Leask leaves his sideskirt on the first clip. Good run overall from both.

Walker Vs. Fournier Walker leads and has a gap from the start, Fournier able to get back up and pulls it close. Fournier moves on

Walker Vs. Fournier Fournier leads and solid run from him. Walker with a correction to avoid a hit.

Rizvi moves on...

Cyrus M. Vs. A. Rizvi Cyrus leads and both shallow on bank.On entry into the inner bank Cyrus comes to a stop. Rizvi spins to avoid the hit.

Cyrus M. Vs. A. Rizvi Rizvi leads and both are fast on the bank. Cyrus giving chase and has a correction on inner

# Pollard moves on

Pollard Vs. Blunt Blunt leads and again is on the wall, on entry into inner bank hitsthe back end of car. Pollard drifts past him.

Pollard Vs. Blunt Pollard leads with once again a soild run. Blunt shallower and scrubs speed on inner bank entry...

OMT from judges on Pollard Vs. Blunt.

Pollard Vs. Blunt Blunt leads with a sick entry on the bank. nice and tight and Pollard shallower. Blunt spins on the inner bank.Both spin

Pollard Vs. Blunt Pollard leads with a nice smokey run on the bank. Blunt with smoke and angle but with a gap...

Top 8 about to begin...

Denofa moves on...

Chelsea Denofa, Vs. Wong. Denofa follows and Wong with no angle on bank. Wong spins in front of Denofa and Chelsea avoids the hit.

Chelsea Denofa, Vs. Wong. Denofa leads and has a good run. On inner bank Wong stays close to Denofa but is straight for part of course.

Leask moves on

Nikolai Vs. Leask Nikolai chases and has a correction on the wall. Spins on the entry into inner bank and takes the *Censored**Censored**Censored* into the wall.

Nikolai Vs. Leask Nikolai leads and solid run from both drivers, not to close to the wall...

Walker moved on...
    Track is clean.. drifting will restart...

Chales Ng Vs. R. Walker Charles chasing on entry into inner bank hits the tire barrier and spins out into course. Decent hit...

Chales Ng Vs. R. Walker Charles led first run and both on clip. Slight gap.

Fournier Vs. Kelvin Arreola. Fournier leads and Kelvin stays on him, solid run.

Fournier Vs. Kelvin Arreola. Fournier leads and Kelvin stays on him, solid run from both.

Hettinger took the 5, blew his tranny. Rizvi moved on

# Rizvi Vs. Hettinger Hettinger lead and unfortunatly i missed the run... Sorry guys. 5 minutes called by Rizvi

Mike Pollard gets a by run and moves on to Great 8

Cyrus moves on to Great 8

Russakoff Vs. Cyrus Martinez. Cyrus leads and John is on him through the course, on the inner transition John taps Cyrus.

Russakoff Vs. Cyrus Martinez. John leads and is on the throttle. Big gap off Cyrus

Dave blunt moves on 2:01 PM

Jeff Abbott Vs. David Blunt Dave leads and is on the bank wall and has a good lead run on Jeff.

Jeff Abbott Vs. David Blunt Jeff leads and Dave straightens on bank. Good run overall

I watched some of the vids on Youtube and I couldn't help but notice... why do these cars look better than pretty much any car in Formula D?

Comment

Better .... what?

I give props to all the Pro Am guys, but many of the Formula D drivers had a lot more angle on the first turn. Both the Irwindale events had some great action.

Comment

95% of those pro am cars look haggard as sh*t aside from wheel fitment in some cases

Comment

performance and looks don't often correlate. Being uber low / having low offset wheels with stretched tires looks awesome, but may not perform as well. In ProAm, 19 of the drivers got licenses, and I believe there were less than 25 drivers. That means you only have to be better than 25% of the drivers to get a license.

With FD, the level of driving is escalated at least 10 times over. Therefore, your car has to be at the top 10% of it's competitive potential to be able to qualify and compete with the best of the best. That's when looks start to become sacrificed for performance.

Look at JTP. At pro-am, his FC was the epitome of uber low, dope offset, maximum tire stretch, and he was on the podium. When he hit his first FD podium at Irwindale, his car was much higher, his tires were much more "ballooned", and the offset was much more conservative, not to mention the massive amount of stickers on his car. why did he sacrifice his cool looks? because he had sponsors, and needed to perform for them.

sponsors rule at the highest competitive level. If you go through 10 sets of tires at $100 per tire, that's $2,000 an event in tires alone. x 7 events = $14k in tire costs a year. Pro Am drivers are probably using only 3-4 sets per event, and only 3-5 events per year. 4 sets x 5 events = $4k, almost $10k less in tire cost alone.

duh.
          Last edited by Slapshotnerd; 11-23-2009, 01:54 PM.

Comment

Too bad tires are more then $100 a tire for almost everyone that is paying for tires and running fd.

Comment

i thought the event was good, nice to see some of the east coast people make it out. i thought the announcer was weak. Jarod cared more about promoting Long Beach FD (which is in April) than he did about the sponsors that supported the event.. from the top 16 through the finals only 2 sponsor mentions yet 4 shout outs about Long Beach. Other than that, i enjoyed the event

Comment

Originally posted by AE86_Fan View Post
                i thought the event was good, nice to see some of the east coast people make it out. i thought the announcer was weak. Jarod cared more about promoting Long Beach FD (which is in April) than he did about the sponsors that supported the event.. from the top 16 through the finals only 2 sponsor mentions yet 4 shout outs about Long Beach. Other than that, i enjoyed the event
                I'm sorry man, if you're a sponsor or not I do apologize and believe me when I say I CARE a TON about the sponsors, the series, the fans and of course the drivers...

If you were keeping count that means you care but I feel I mentioned the sponsors an adequate amount of times. If not I do apologize, if the action is going, the action is going...
                I listed numerous times what the sponsors were awarding the drivers, website address' and much more...

See you at Long Beach April 9/10th be there, haha just kidding...
                Well not really kidding but... nevermind...

Comment

Originally posted by Slapshotnerd View Post

Look at JTP. At pro-am, his FC was the epitome of uber low, dope offset, maximum tire stretch, and he was on the podium. When he hit his first FD podium at Irwindale, his car was much higher, his tires were much more "ballooned", and the offset was much more conservative, not to mention the massive amount of stickers on his car. why did he sacrifice his cool looks? because he had sponsors, and needed to perform for them.

I think you might need to get your facts straight on this statement a little bit. JTP did not change much to the suspension height if any but his tire size did get much wider.

FC unlike most "drift cars" handle better with drastic drops in ride height... lol there is a thread going on ziptied right now about this very subject.

Comment

Originally posted by blaze1 View Post
                    I think you might need to get your facts straight on this statement a little bit. JTP did not change much to the suspension height if any but his tire size did get much wider.

FC unlike most "drift cars" handle better with drastic drops in ride height... lol there is a thread going on ziptied right now about this very subject.
                    you'd be surprised. Sometimes people know more than you think....

let's just say that JTP is good at making his bodykit look like the car is lower

Comment

He drove the car like that at irwindale and redbull although he probably raised the car from when it was at sema 07 when it was a creme color. IMO not a very good case in subject compared to the other pro cars with fender gap and sunken wheels being competitive in FD. Even with that being said some falken cars are only running spacers in the front only in hopes of decreasing the look of understeer.

Comment

Working...
                      X