Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPECULATION: MAD MIKE @ FORMULA D "LONG BEACH" April 9th - 10th 2010

Quoted from J-Rod's blog.

Congrats Mikey, see you in the USA in April!
    I know I know, its not even 2010 yet, but if its going to happened let the world know!! I'm dieing to hear that beautiful 4 rotor again

Who doesn't wat to see and hear the 4 rotor beast!!!!

Comment

Maybe he's just coming to Long Beach for a vacation?

Comment

I hear he will be driving in the US but not in FD.

Comment

I know for a fact that the handsome dude on the left is announcing Formula Drift in the 2010 season....

Comment

I have been talking to Mad Mike and he is currently in the "planning stage" on attending 2010 FD. Nothing confirmed yet. I think it will be really cool to see him here.

Comment

Originally posted by GaryG View Post
              I hear he will be driving in the US but not in FD.
              That's funny I heard something like that from another dude in NZ as well. But he was acting like D1gp was coming back....

He was also saying there was a "tire contingency issue" with FD and Mikes team.

Comment

I'm pretty sure Goodyear (Mike's tire sponsor) doesn't sponsor FD which means he can't compete in FD.

But I guess the rules are different in overseas exhibitions?

Comment

Originally posted by N. Chen View Post
                  I'm pretty sure Goodyear (Mike's tire sponsor) doesn't sponsor FD which means he can't compete in FD.

But I guess the rules are different in overseas exhibitions?
                  Goodyear is a big sponsor of FD overseas (FD malaysia and thailand) but not in the US. Goodyear's target market in the US isn't geared toward drifting. Ivan Lim came to long beach in 09 repping Goodyear but was on FD approved tires (suposably).

IIRC when mad mike came out for the RBWDC he was repping either dunlop or bridgestone decals. Which kinda sucks because neither tire companies sponsor FD any longer. But who knows, Nitto was supposed to be out of FD in 09. Bergenholtz came out at first sponsored by cooper but shortly after were back on Nitto. Same thing with Yokohama sponsoring Orido and Yoshioka in FD 08.

You never know what will happen with FD.

Edit, Yes mad mike was on dunlops at red bull

pic

See how the dunlop vinyl went right over the goodyear one lol

Speaking of which, check out Matt Power,JTP, and Mike Essa on Nittos @ FD Panama, Joon Maeng on Nexens

Link
                  Last edited by Bebop; 01-15-2010, 04:01 PM.

Comment

I don't care either way. I just want a carbon fibre trophy.

Comment

paypall me $500 and i will get you one made

thats like 1/8 of a cost of running a event lol

Comment

carbon fiber trophies are nothing against Drift Nirvana trophies

Comment

Originally posted by blaze1 View Post
                          Goodyear is a big sponsor of FD overseas (FD malaysia and thailand) but not in the US. Goodyear's target market in the US isn't geared toward drifting. Ivan Lim came to long beach in 09 repping Goodyear but was on FD approved tires (suposably).

IIRC when mad mike came out for the RBWDC he was repping either dunlop or bridgestone decals. Which kinda sucks because neither tire companies sponsor FD any longer. But who knows, Nitto was supposed to be out of FD in 09. Bergenholtz came out at first sponsored by cooper but shortly after were back on Nitto. Same thing with Yokohama sponsoring Orido and Yoshioka in FD 08.

You never know what will happen with FD.

Edit, Yes mad mike was on dunlops at red bull

pic

See how the dunlop vinyl went right over the goodyear one lol

Speaking of which, check out Matt Power,JTP, and Mike Essa on Nittos @ FD Panama, Joon Maeng on Nexens

Link

Nitto was a tire supplier last year in FD. They did not have enough budget to get their rig out to any of the events. They supported Bergenholtz and the Tanaka Racing Teams.

Ivan Lim at Irwindale bought tires from the approved list.

Yokohoma in 2008 was a tire supplier. They only supported the two drivers you mentioned and brought their support trailer to the events they went to.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFD View Post
                            Nitto was a tire supplier last year in FD. They did not have enough budget to get their rig out to any of the events. They supported Bergenholtz and the Tanaka Racing Teams.

Ivan Lim at Irwindale bought tires from the approved list.

Yokohoma in 2008 was a tire supplier. They only supported the two drivers you mentioned and brought their support trailer to the events they went to.
                            Thank you for the clarification!

Thank you too Nitto,Goodyear, Yokahama, and Cooper for the great support in the previous years and in the future.

I just go by the rule book in matters like these, sorry for any confusion...

Comment

Originally posted by N. Chen View Post
                              carbon fiber trophies are nothing against Drift Nirvana trophies
                              Gimmicks don't impress me. I'd take the carbon fibre trophy over that without thought.

Comment

Working...
                              X