JOON MAENG, NEW BERGENHOLTZ RACING Formula D Driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JOON MAENG, NEW BERGENHOLTZ RACING Formula D Driver

so happy for joon!! huge congratulations!!!

Comment

This couldn't have happened to a better person or drifter. Hardwork and dedication has paid off for Joon. CONGRATS!!!!!!!!

Comment

I second that a thousand times!!!! This is awesome! Joon is going to rip it up! Congrats Joon

Comment

I third that BUUUT whats up with JTP? Is he by himself now?

Comment

Yes, JTP is running as a privateer, in the timeless FC.

Congrats to Joon! can't wait to see him drive this car.

Comment

Congrats to Joon... he deserves everything positive this sport brings to him.

I'm actually surprised by this choice since at the end of last year I spoke briefly with joon and told him I hope a team picks him up in the off season. He said with a great big smile on his face as usual, "we have a good team now, we just need more funding". At least then it seemed as if he was seriously planning on coming back in his privateer S13.

In all honesty after Bholtz posted in the mad mike thread it seemed like he was the man. Mike already has a big amrican based sponsor, a little bit of US hype based on his previous vehicles, and a good resume of experience. It seemed like the perfect choice at the time. And it seemed that was the reason why Justin getting the boot (lack of sponsorship).

This kinda comes down to the question of... why would Bholtz ever part ways with JTP. Was it a decision from JTP? Was it the Bholtz brothers choice? There has been speculation of JTP not being paid what was promised, which could be true but with him being such a good guy and the economy i would think one would be understanding through all this.

I would be happy to make a penny of profit off of this sport as a driver. Some say JTP and Bholtz are good friends and just feel its right to go separate ways at this point. Another source has spoken to me and said JTP wants to promote his business (Hotline) and this could not have been done working with Bholtz racing (this is the most understandable to me). Either way, I'm a fan of all 3 parties involved and wish them the very best of luck.

And please get Joon in the car asap because he is going from S13 to RX... this is one of the hardest switches in the sport. Just look at R.Miki(former D1 champ), 3 years and he is finally getting the hang of the apexi FD. Macpherson to Double wishbone, mind as well tell someone to learn how to drift again.
              Last edited by Bebop; 01-28-2010, 07:52 PM.

Comment

Joon Maeng's interview will be posted up soon.

Comment

short cell phone video from the press meeting

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,115,0" width="425" height="319" id="qikPlayer" align="middle"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="movie" value="http://qik.com/swfs/qikPlayer4.swf" /><param name="quality" value="high" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#333333" /><param name="FlashVars" value="rssURL=http://qik.com/video/26ae3d7d795b48e4bc2d81e235e104e5.rss&autoPlay=fals e" /><embed src="http://qik.com/swfs/qikPlayer4.swf" quality="high" bgcolor="#333333" width="425" height="319" name="qikPlayer" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" allowFullScreen="true" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" FlashVars="rssURL=http://qik.com/video/26ae3d7d795b48e4bc2d81e235e104e5.rss&autoPlay=fals e"></embed></object>

Comment

Comment

Blaze - Bergenholtz and JTP agreed to part ways. That's all that was said officially, that's all that needs to be said. There doesn't need to be any further explanation from either party.

Comment

Originally posted by Slapshotnerd View Post
                        Blaze - Bergenholtz and JTP agreed to part ways. That's all that was said officially, that's all that needs to be said. There doesn't need to be any further explanation from either party.
                        Why because this is drifting and in drifting we do not get into details...EVER!

Give me a break

The liberal peace keeper in me doesn't care, but the fan in me wants to know what really went on. Its just weird now that all the smoke has cleared Bergenholtz ends up with a driver from the same "camp" you could say.

Comment

Out of curiosity, I think a bunch of us would like to know what really went down. I'm really glad Joon got the gig, though. Who says nice guys always finish last...This dude is so deserving of this ride. Not only because he's a bad *Censored**Censored**Censored* drifter, but because of all he does outside of drifting.

Hey blaze, what do you mean by "camp"? I wonder if it's what I'm thinking, but I'd rather you clear it up first. Don't want to go there if you know what I mean..lol

Comment

when I say camp I mean drift alliance.

I don't think the fact they are both DA guy hurts the situation at all. I think it kinda eases fan relations with the bholtz brother. Over the past year they gained alot of new fans and respect (mine included), and it would suck to loose it over driver owner relations.

Comment

BERGENHOLTZ RACING will be making another announcement by Mid February (Feb 12th).

Comment

Working...
                              X